VodkaPundit

Stupid Party Is Stupid

December 5th, 2013 - 11:11 am

Whatever the opposite of fabulous is, it might include Randy Forbes:

Virginia Rep. Randy Forbes, a senior House Republican eyeing a powerful committee chairmanship, is causing friction with some of his colleagues by pushing the House GOP campaign arm to deny support for some of the party’s gay congressional candidates.

Forbes has waged a lengthy crusade to convince his colleagues and the National Republican Congressional Committee brass they shouldn’t back some gay candidates. His efforts on Capitol Hill were described to POLITICO by more than a half-dozen sources with direct knowledge of the talks.

The issue is particularly acute because House Republicans have two promising openly gay candidates in 2014 vying for seats held by Democrats. Richard Tisei, who narrowly lost to Democratic Rep. John Tierney in 2012, is running again in northeastern Massachusetts. And in San Diego, Carl DeMaio, a former city councilman, is trying to knock off Democratic Rep. Scott Peters.

When asked if he would withhold political contributions to the NRCC if they backed DeMaio, Forbes said, “I’m not going to be hypothetical on what we would or wouldn’t do at this particular point in time because you’ve got a lot of scenarios. I don’t think we’ve had primaries and nominations to nominate people. So I don’t want to prejudge.”

The NRCC is right not to get involved in picking primary winners — that’s for the voters to decide. Period.

But the NRCC’s job is to get the nominees elected. Period. So when Forbes says he won’t say whether the NRCC would support a particular nominee, he’s hinting that the voters had best “chose wisely” if they want their candidate to receive NRCC support.

So the way I read this is, Forbes wants to post a “No Gays Allowed” sign in front of the House GOP caucus.

Rather than go on and on about how stupid that is, I’ll just borrow Stacy McCain’s formulation again: You don’t build a winning coalition by a process of subtraction.

You are why we lose.
Is it okay to not like gays because of your moral perspective? Is it okay to not like blacks because of ......? Is it okay to like or dislike anyone anywhere because of how you personally feel? Just asking, I don't proffer an opinion, just asking.
You DO understand the difference between Black, and what is unfortunately promoted as Black “POLITICS" right?

You DO understand its possible to denounce the negativity of the "ghetto culture", or the harmful effects of "affirmative action" policies, or the failure of the “ Dependency Machine" or the "double standards" we are expected to permit regarding racism, crime, and the re-distribution of wealth in exchange for their votes, without all of this being labeled as "racist", dont you?

Well, the same situation to being Gay, verses what is unfortunately, common Gay POLITICS...
I dont care if someone is gay.

I care that their "gayness" is typically used as a POLITICAL weapon, to silence POLITICAL opposition...

While they, like every other "grievance group", carve out niches in The Leviathan to funnel money and power to themselves, under the cover of "victimhood" and "diversity", in exchange for supporting most if not all, forms of Totalitarian Statism, Taxes, Entitlements, Speech Codes and general and loss of basic freedoms we are choking to death on, thanks to the weight of the "Beautiful Rainbow" of chains we're all wearing nowadays.

Gay? No biggie.

Gay POLITICS, as its most often practiced?

Big problem with it.

Make sense now?
I dont know the specifics, but this sounds fairly predictable:
Is it POSSIBLE any of those "gay republicans" are really BAD candidates?

With Lefty RINO Statist accomodating "progressive" agendas that are nothing more than DNC light?

Every single Gay Candidate in America today knows its "impossible" to oppose them on any substantive issue.

Being Gay is a free pass to call any and all opposition, regardless of merit, a case of "thinly veiled homophobia" which makes them the Instant Media Darling....

Count on Sypathetic Media "support" for all (gosh what a coincidence) non-conservative Gay Republican in a primary, (see? were not PARTISAIN!) and the rug pulled out from under them in the General.

My money is on them being Closet Democrats, gumming up the works.

Oppose us? Really bad P.R. Move.
Support us? We'll make McCain look like Reagan after we're elected...

Just sayin'
That's all fine and good, but I'm not hearing any actual arguments any more substantive than "Ewwww, yuck! That guy's a homo! We can't possibly support his candidacy!!!"

DeMaio may, actually, be a horrible Republican candidate. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened. But I've seen no actual evidence pointing to that.
Its possible you may only be hearing the arguments people SAY are being made, and not whats ACTUALLY being made...

Like those bigots that want a secure border...we all know they hate brown people

We have a notoriously bad time having our words out, without the filter. You cannot 'oppose" a Gay candidate for any reason anymore, no one will listen to your reasoning because youre just a closet 'phobe

I mean, The Tea Party is clearly Racist.
Really. I saw them Burning a Cross on a magazine cover or something...
Right?
"We have a notoriously bad time having our words out, without the filter. You cannot 'oppose" a Gay candidate for any reason anymore"

Especially -as Nukem pointed out- your response is "Ewwww."

Come up with some valid counter-arguments, or let the adults talk without interruption, please.
DeMaio is an OUTSTANDING Republican candidate. As a San Diego City Councilman, he fought from within a Republican minority to get, of all things, pension reform -- and WON. At the kiss-and-make-up press conference, he said "Next we go after the unions." He won that battle, too. He's not afraid to be the skunk in the garden party.

Some unionisto numbskull tried to smear him with a fake sex scandal, and DeMaio's advisers told him to keep mum and not make things worse by denying it. DeMaio ignored the advisers and fought the story head-on and vanquished the idiot. He wouldn't tolerate the lie or play the usual PR game.

Do some googling. You'll be impressed.
I think I love this guy.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I'm glad for one thing. The article highlighted my guy, Carl DeMaio, who is terrifying Democrats. I hope he got some donations as a result of that article.
Maybe Mr. Forbes should concentrate more on representing his district and less on telling people in MA and CA who can represent them. Attempting to force southeastern VA culture down the throats of voters in CA and MA is no better than what Democrats do in forcing their culture down the throats of conservative areas. He's no better than Nancy Pelosi and doing exactly the same thing. Congress should REFLECT the culture of the various regions of the country, not dictate it.
Perfect. I've been saying for years that there is no real substantive difference between the radical left and radical right. They both want to dictate what we can and can't do with our lives. It doesn't really matter *what* they want to control. It all comes down to negating our decision making abilities and right to live our lives as we choose.

But people like Marc Malone think they've got some G-d-given moral authority over our lives. Please, Marc. Tell me again how you are in any way, shape, or form, fundamentally *better* than Nancy Pelosi? What part of "Get the f*ck off my lawn, and out of my bedroom!" do you not understand?
"This government was designed for a moral and religious people. It is wholly unsuited to any other kind." - James Madison

The economy stinks because of immorality. Our government stinks because of immorality. Can't vote for those moral guys. Might interfere with my sex life, somehow. Sex. It is how Democrats get elected.

You like Republican policies, except the social ones. You hate the Democratic policies, except the economic and foreign affairs ones. Well, the Democratic policies are an outgrowth of their gross immorality. The Republican ones are an outgrowth of their morality. The idea that you can get moral policies without morality is a delusion. Immoral people will always give you Democratic policies. Vote for unlimited, unrestrained sex and get Democratic policies, every time.

Just so you understand, the Founders had the same views as me. They were devout men all. Moral and religious. They abhorred homosexuality. I'm sure you would think the same thing of them that you think of me. Yep, men like us are the problem.
"You hate the Democratic policies, except the economic and foreign affairs ones."

Oops. Should read: "except the social ones".
No one care who youre screwing...

We care that you expect to do it in the streets, in broad daylight, in BDSM costumes, or dressed as Nuns and Priests, during a Mandatory State Sponsored Event to celebrate WHAT and HOW you screw, when NO ONE ELSE celebrates HOW they have sex, and call that "normal"...

And then, establishing mandatory hiring quotas for "that kind" in every layer of government, so OUR children (the ones Normal Human Biology prevents gays from ever having?) stuck in the Government Schools, are told in REQUIRED lessons, in explicit detail, at very young ages, by advocates of that “lifestyle”, that what occurs in those parades is just as "normal” as whatever their PARENTS do

And, in the case of Ms. Pelosi and others of her ilk, bankrupting the treasury with "we have to pass it to see what’s in it" is an egregiously criminal act of generational theft, hardly even noticed as such, because that great sucking sound of tax dollars flooding the coffers of the ”Professional Left” all our lives is such a constant hum in the background, we cant even remember a time when we WERENT going broke while Liberals shifted money to their Government Unions in exchange for Campaign Cash.

No, the Extreme Left and the Extreme Right are not 'the same", not at all, not by the longest of all long shot ever fired in the history of this Republic..

The “Extreme Right's” view of Limited Government, no special treatment for anyone, Fiscal Sanity and the Rule of Law, is Fundamentally better by every measure I can imagine.

Its the Left thats obsessed with accumulating other peoples wealth, and strangely demonstrating to all every possible waking moment EXACTLY where they like their pee-pee to go….

And ya know, its kinda f*ckin weird.

(show less)
While I agree in concept, please tell me how this line of thinking results in Republican victories when the average Dem voter will keep a KKK member in office for half a century, while the average Republican voter will just stay home when the wishy-washy centrists are run up the flag pole.

I'm all for the government staying the hell off my lawn, but I'd kind of like to be a free man in a country with a working economy first. And I'm sorry, but that's more important than whoever someone is screwing.
Please tell me how a candidate running in San Diego for a local district keeps a voter in SE Virginia from wanting to vote? If it did, I would have to wonder if that person should be voting in the first place.
I'm not quite sure what straw man you are arguing against, but you've said nothing that in any way contradicts what I posted.
I'll try a broader brush.

Your contention is that there's no difference between the radical right and radical left. In fact, there is. The radical left will abide ANYthing to hold on to power. The right will not.

My illustration of voting habits was to outline this behavior. The left will turn out in droves to elect their guy no matter how incompetent, useless or reprehensible. The center-right is fractured between those who will hold their nose and vote and those who will sit at home. Without the latter, they do not win, which is not a problem the Dems generally have. This is, collectively, "the problem".

Now, how is Marc Malone different from Pelosi? Well, he has a few moral issues which you do not share. On the other hand, odds are Pelosi hates everything you enjoy and wants to take everything you own and given it to someone else.

If you see no difference there, your righteous indignation is getting in the way of your objectivity, and you are part of said problem.
This.

I refuse to vote for certain things. They are deal-breakers. I refuse to hold my nose.
I would like to steal that last sentence of yours and make it my own.
You may use it if you wish. It should be the GOP Congressional mantra.
Don't care. Win first, worry about minutiae later.
I am totally down with this policy. I understand how you may disagree, though. Just don't be surprised when those gays sell you out, once they are in office. Gay marriage will be their agenda. They are gay first, and anything else is a distant second.
You are why we lose.
First, there is no 'we', white man. I am not a Republican. I do not choose to vote for Republicans just because they give me less shaft than Democrats.

Second, Republicans lose, because they stand for nothing. I do not get out the vote for Democrat-Lite. I abhor me-too Republicans.

Third, every time gay marriage comes up for a vote, it gets shellacked 70-30. Every time. People may say they are for gay this or gay that, but they aren't. Not really. They only say so, because of PC pressure. In the privacy of the voting booth, gay is a losing issue.

Fourth, do not blame me for your losing. I tell you what I will vote for. You keep telling me that I am wrong, then blame me for not voting for your guys.

Fifth, you complain that everything stinks. You keep voting for the status quo, and you don't like the status quo. I tell you, you need to do something else, and you tell me I am wrong. Your way doesn't work, but you think it is my fault. It's not. It is your fault. YOU are why you lose. YOU are doing it wrong.

Sixth, you think things would be better if McCain or Romney had won? (I did not vote for either one.) No, they would be just less bad. If Romney had won, maybe the website would work, but people would still be losing their policies, and Repubs would be getting the blame for the Democratic policy failures. The Repubs would have to try to polish this turd on behalf of the Democrats. As it is, Democrats own this. Completely own it. There is no way out for them. Progressive policies are being revealed for what they are. Good. People feel the pain. Good. Maybe they will finally wake up.

Now, Republicans can win. They simply have to stop being me-too. They have to be something truly different. Conventional Wisdom says to use the same playbook. It will also get you the status quo that you hate. Campaign the same old way and get the same old result. YOU are why you lose. Don't blame me, then expect me to vote your way.
Whats the sense of "winning" if all we get are “Dem-lite moderates” who do… what, exactly?

All the DNC ever needs to do, is out-bid our "most moderate” candidate/office holder by a nickel, and they win EVERY TIME…if not the election itself, then legislative agenda afterward, where the REAL damage occurs.

In other words, if all you’re trolling for is Johns, an RNC Hand-Job loses to the DNC Blow-Job, every time. You’re just as dirty for trying, and you never even get PAID, see?

And everyone knows we can never out-wh*re the DNC.

So, ensconsing some RINO in political luxury so he can further Pimp-out my children’s future is no “victory” for me.

And I’m really, REALLY tired, of being told that it is.
I'm not sure who decides those things, but it sounds like this clown should be disqualified for committee chairmanship.

One Trackback to “Stupid Party Is Stupid”