VodkaPundit

93 Million to Lose Their Insurance?

November 5th, 2013 - 12:53 pm

93 MILLION

So I’m thinking this is a big f****** deal:

“The Departments’ mid-range estimate is that 66 percent of small employer plans and 45 percent of large employer plans will relinquish their grandfather status by the end of 2013,” wrote the administration on page 34,552 of the Register. All in all, more than half of employer-sponsored plans will lose their “grandfather status” and become illegal. According to the Congressional Budget Office, 156 million Americans—more than half the population—was covered by employer-sponsored insurance in 2013.

How many people are exposed to these problems? 60 percent of Americans have private-sector health insurance—precisely the number that Jay Carney dismissed. As to the number of people facing cancellations, 51 percent of the employer-based market plus 53.5 percent of the non-group market (the middle of the administration’s range) amounts to 93 million Americans.

The pain has hardly begun.

I love all the story of the people who voted for this, thinking it's a good thing, and that someone else would pay, and they themselves would be unaffected. I love to rub their faces in it. I love to say, "Well, what did you think you were voting for?!?" I loves me some SchadenFreude.
It's just starting.

That's the fun part. They are so busy adding lie upon lie, and hard selling, that when the real pain finally hits it'll result in a convulsive moment of clarity for a lot of people.

When you realize you are digging a hole, stop digging.

These fools went and got a backhoe.

No one will believe a word they say after that.
It would be so valuable to know and make very public -- how Obamacare has "affected" (not) the super-wealthy Hollywood mob and celebrities who were, and still are, and will be -- promoting the thing to the Middle and Upper Middle Classes.

I hope someone makes a study of that and reveals it to the rest of us. (I'd do it myself, but don't know how and don't have the resources.)

I think, once again, it boils down to malice AND incompetence AND intellectual exhaustion.

They knew that almost everyone would be forced onto the exchanges, but expected people to love the exchange plans. Because Government.

At the same time, they didn't care whether the insurance companies profited or died. Because Single-Payer.

Whatever happened, the government-run portals would be the shiny, happy new face of healthcare and people would naturally turn to its progenitors to fix any discontentment with the system. Because Obama.
It's a much larger number. They are undercounting the "changed" policy disqualification AND the snowball effect of abandonment...that the SINGLE PAYER communists are counting on.

They are trying to kill the market and seize the industry.

The real number is north of 120 million
"They are trying to kill the market and seize the industry."

It's so obviously plain as day that that was the intent from day 1. It baffles me that everyone -- everyone -- doesn't quite see it.

One Trackback to “93 Million to Lose Their Insurance?”