VodkaPundit

Another Solution is Alcohol

October 14th, 2013 - 3:10 pm

REID

Actually, there’s a simple solution: Live within our means.

Oh, you wanted a solution Washington can live with? Well. That’s different.

But there still is one. There really is.

I don’t actually know what the solution is, but I know how one could be achieved. It’s a simple process, I can sum it up in just one word.

Negotiations.

It’s this weird thing, where the President, Professor Ditherton Wiggleroom, sits down at a table in good faith, without the unrealistic expectation that he can get the big increases in spending he needs to keep the various gravy trains running. And his buddy Harry Reid does the same thing — and maybe even without all the name-calling. And John Boehner sits down there, too, having given up the impossible expectation (if he ever even held it himself) that he can negotiate a defunding or a delay of ObamaCare.

And then they hash out a messy compromise, one which probably does no better than kick the can down the road a little farther.

It’s not much of a solution, but it is one.

You realize, of course, that even your fictional "negotiations" thingie would have two hyper-partisan Democrats (Obama and Reid) squaring off against a Republican leader who sort of just wants to get along (Boehner)?

They used to call this the fairness doctrine, right?

I could imagine this if the President could be counted on to be above the fray, guiding "negotiations" to a successful conclusion for the good of the country. But we saw how well that worked years ago, during an unsuccessful budget negotiation session, in which the President gave each side equal time to talk, shamelessly adding lots of extra time for himself "because I'm the President".

Like it or not, the Congressional Republicans are doing their job. If President Stompy Foot doesn't want to talk with them, so be it -- let the whole country see how small a man he is.
"Oh, you wanted a solution Washington can live with?"

Not actually, no.
I consider myself a mostly non-violent person (with the exception of protecting my family/property).

But every time I see the smug-smarmy mug on Harry Reid, I simply want to punch my fist through the front of his face and all the way out the back of his head.

Just FYI.
We haven't been 'crisis free' since Øbama took office. Why don't the Republicans call out the Demokkkrats on this?

Ain’t nothing gonna happen till the last minute.

The Dems love the theatre, because it takes the spotlight off of Obama/Kerry’s epic failure in Syria, Bengazi, NSA stuff, and the IRS crap.

Repubs love the theatre because it takes the spotlight off the immigration vote that was pending, and it makes them look like they’re trying to do something to fight Obamacare (while they’re really not doing a damn thing).

And the Media loves the theater because it makes them feel important and hopefully delivers some extra eyeballs.

And if that’s not enough, Wall Street likes it because it creates churn and buying opportunities as rubes sell fearing some kind of financial doom is approaching.

So, ain’t nothing gonna happen till the last minute.
I mean....just look at Reid. Is this really the most powerful member of the Senate? I'll have another double JD.
I like the boycott all the Casinos until the Mob stops supporting Harry Reid solution.