The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

March 26, 2014 - 8:58 am

The Interpreter’s live blog reports that Russian troops are moving toward Ukraine.

Social media is flooded today with fresh pictures, videos, and reports of Russian tanks and troops on the move towards the Ukrainian border.

These videos, reportedly taken yesterday, claim to show lots of Russian armor loaded on trains in Voronezh, a Russian town just northeast of Kharkiv (map). We have not yet been able to geolocate the videos, however.

YouTube Preview Image

More at the link.

Earlier this week, news broke that Russian nationalist Vladimir Zhirinovsky penned a disturbing letter. In that letter, the Putin adviser and leader of Russia’s Liberal Democratic party proposed dividing Ukraine’s territory between Russia, Romania, Hungary and Poland. Zhirinovsky is the deputy speaker in Russia’s Duma, and is often aligned with President Vladimir Putin.

"Frankly, I hope we confine ourselves to the tut tut and avoid the urge to put American blood on the ground in this god-forsaken place."

Yep, a better policy would be to wait until all of the countries of the world are united against the U.S. of A. and then take action.
Putin's adviser is from the "Liberal Democratic" party in Russia. Can't get any better than that.
Zhirinovsky wants another border between Russia and NATO?
I bet that's not what he really means.
My bet is this is a device to put pressure on the Ukraine and on the west without making a move over the borders.
China will make some moves next, Russia will abstain from the UN resolution...
Who cares that much? Mexico has got an invasion force in America of into the tens of millions and it won't be all that much longer until they can all vote and America will become a third world one party state. To obsess about Russia/Ukraine is like obsessing about someone on the other side of the earth having a cold when you have aggressive cancer that is already entering Stage III. This is the absurdity of an eternity.
It's true. Americans either can't or won't exert sovereignty in their own country. America is a refugee center/free squat zone where citizenship is meaningless.

I could care less about the Ukraine.

Both of you have succeeded in nullifying half of the requirement in the name of the first half. And I am guessing that neither of you do anything in the practical sphere towards obtaining/asserting domestic sovereignty. Yet, you are right, the Southwest is going Latin America.
"Actually, to survive - and this is now in question - America will have to do both: 1. assert its sovereignty at home; 2. deal with the Russian moves."

Nonsense. Germany and Poland can deal with Russia. We can deal with our own.
Let me know when you can personally escort Somalis out of Israel.
Aw, who cares about the scuffles of some regional power?
Really. And seriously.

Who cares about this stuff? I mean, it's a shame and Russia and Putin can go sit on a stick, but what are we going to do about this?

I figured my use of two of FCMABBHO's recent inanities about Putin would indicate my snarkiness. I care about it because our president is pissing away the prestige and power this nation once had.

All the countries of the world? Name six that aren't. And I'll spot you Kosovo (but definitely not Serbia), and you have to count the EU as a single entity - the pro-Americanism of which I dispute (The EU puts up with us but hates us and wants us to waste ourselves. Just like China, which keeps us on the books as a debtor, but would scrape us off their shoe if they could.) Face it - Breaking News - we're already hated.
I'm not accustomed to dinging up such a depressing post, but I must this one. However, I think a large part of that hatred comes from envy.