The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

March 11, 2014 - 1:52 pm

Oh, Dennis, where do you want to start?

USA Today quotes the Worm:

“At least someone tried,” the retired NBA player said. “So that’s how I look at it. I don’t want to be a hero, I don’t want to be this, I don’t want to be that. I just wanted to be, just do happy things and do great things in life. That’s all I wanted to do. That’s it.

“I don’t want people to look at me as the devil or evil person,” he added. “If I put anyone in harm’s way, I apologize, you know. If you don’t want me to go back there ever again, I won’t go back.”

No one regards Rodman as “the devil” for calling the world’s most reclusive and possibly most evil and brutal dictator his “friend for life”. The word “fool” has been used frequently, though. “Credulous” and “naive” also apply. Also “arrogant,” because it takes a special combination of all these qualities plus hubris to think that playing a few basketball games and saying a couple nice things will change the likes of Kim.

Yes. Next question?
well, if its just about trying to get to be friends w/ mass murderers and such to try to make them see the light, then heck yeah. I mean, we give oodles of borrowed taxpayers $$ to petty, murderous dictators all the time. as a matter of fact, it kinda explains how we got in this predicament to begin with. somewhere, somehow, a bunch of the lawyer clan (congress) got the idea of giving away all those billion$ of o.p.m. to tyrants. must have been some more of this kind of do-good 'trying to turn 'em into human beings' stuff. hasn't worked too good though.

you know, I've got to hand it to dennis on this cover story of his. when I was younger and partied all hours w/ all sorts of nefarious characters and wild women, I should have just told my parents I was mainly out trying to do good and turn 'em into model citizens, and especially the wild women since they took a lot longer to turn around. why didn't I think of that? maybe they would have helped finance my mission work.
"“At least someone tried,” the retired NBA player said."

Typical leftist mantra. All that matters is good intentions.