The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

March 1, 2014 - 10:26 am

It’s domestic politics and business as usual for the Obama White House, even as Putin’s Russia makes preparations for a full invasion of Ukraine. The official White House email list sent out the following presidential selfie, to celebrate a film festival. The president is flanked by Bill Nye the Science Guy and astronomer Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

obama-selfie

The event took place Friday, February 28 — the same day that Russian troops swept into Crimea. The White House email made no mention at all of the escalating crisis with Russia. It does mention the president “hanging” with comedians Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers.

Sadly, my (legal) immigrant Husband (from Canada) knows FAR MORE about American History, World History, politics & the philosophy of why Individual Rights is the proper way to live than most Americans. He immigrated here in the late '90's to keep more of his hard earned cash & to get away from socialized medicine. Recently, he's been saying that the reasons he came here are rapidly disappearing. I have discouraged him from becoming an American Citizen...something I NEVER would have done 10 years ago. Some of my (legal) immigrant friends have said "this is not the country I immigrated to in the '70's". My BFF, (1st generation American), says "I'm SO GLAD my Father is not alive to see what's become of the country he was so proud to call the home he 'choose'". As a kid, I recall him proudly saying "I am a naturalized American Citizen" & being too young to understand what that meant, but seeing how important it was to him & knowing from that, it had to be a big deal. I am crying as I write this. :(
What a pathetic president -- an utter embarrassment -- a loser, a liar, a bootlicking weakling wimp to America's enemies. To think Americans could have cast a vote for this laughable pos.
Anyone who voted for this fool character has to be embarrassed.
And those who voted for him twice, Sheesh! Time for voter
Literacy tests.
test
At the risk of belaboring the obvious -- what our President is really good at, are the things he does all the time. The things he's not good at, he avoids.

He's good at speeches. He's REALLY good at selfies. I don't know how good he is at golf, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that. He's expert at making himself look good, usually at someone else's expense, and he knows how to talk his way out of trouble.

He is not good at governing. He is not good at uniting. He is not good at making hard decisions.

Given the description above, how am I to distinguish him from an overgrown fast-talking teenager? (By the gray in his hair, no doubt... and the Secret Service bodyguards.)
While he may not be good at uniting I must interject that, in the big picture of his presidency he has striven to divide- something he seems particularly adept at.

The sum total of his reign points to a concerted effort to dismantle the country- to exploit the crisis that he inherited to build the case for tyranny mislabeled as economic fairness... but for someone who plies platitudes like being fair and equal to further the economic repression of government expansion he seems to magically forget the theme of being equitable when using the force of the IRS to silence conservative voices- and when it comes out that conservative and TEA party groups have been singled out- his administration doubles down on the harassment...

...with impunity.

Let a conservative administration do the same to liberal groups and the mass media amplified screeching would be so shrill that we'd all agree to impeachment proceedings- if only to shut it up.

Something very evil is afoot regarding this administration- and it isn't likely limited to the Democrats when opposition seems at times to be so precise in falling short that I get a sense that it's being choreographed to silence any meaningful activism against the budding tyranny... which isn't likely to be uprooted any time soon.

I see the process as being the product of a certain genius- and it isn't the genius of the sitting president- who is simply playing the lead role in a drama that will grind on long after he attains the status of former president... but since he is currently the star demagogue then let the selfies flow. They're quite emblematic of the individual who has worked so tirelessly to strip the office he holds of its dignity.
Myra Adams' Caption Contest Alert!!!!
Two jokesters and the Joker.
Taiwan is what is for dinner. Crimea was for breakfast.
Obama is stupid.
Anyone who voted for this fool character has to be embarrassed.
And those who voted for him twice, Sheesh! Time for voter
Literacy tests.
Years ago and more recently, I used to like Bill and Neil. Now that Bill is apparently trying to dip his lure into the climate-change waters (probably to catch more money that he feels he needs) and Neil as well, I have lost interest in those two. I have a few DVD's of the hyphenated man, with him narrating same.

Shame that two people, obviously smart in their own way, succumb to the politically expedient way of doing business and become cash-whores for science. Perhaps they always were, since most astronomers and other scientists, (Nye has a mechanical engineering degree) are often sequestered in a career that has very little interaction in a social setting.

I couldn't see Neil doing research in an observatory facility in Chile, other than to go there and act impressed with the people who actually do the laborious task of analyzing astronomical data night in and night out.

Nope, Neil loves the limelight and his particular way of getting it is through show-biz. It does two things: One, it lines his pockets with cash and two, it lessens his credibility as a scientist.

On the other hand, Nye's "Consider the following" was a fun catch-phrase in his day and I used it often. He explained scientific things pretty well. Neil did likewise so I cannot categorically dismiss them. But their contributions are limited due to their chosen political affiliation.
I always wanted my children to watch Billy Nye.

I like Neil also.

No longer.
we need to get barry a movie role,all he wants is to be a celebrity
If "Ah-nold" & "Ronnie Reagan" can be Actors before being politicians, then why can't Barry be a politician then an Actor?
1 2 Next View All