The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

February 23, 2014 - 12:25 pm

Appearing on NBC’s Meet the Press for the first time since her 2012 post-Benghazi round on the Sunday shows, National Security Advisor Susan Rice acknowledged that the information she delivered back then wasn’t completely true.

Host David Gregory asked if she had any regrets about that appearance, in which she said the attack was attributed to an anti-Muhummad YouTube video.

“No, because what I said to you that morning and what I did every day since was to share the best information that we had at the time. The information I provided, which I explained to you, was what we had at the moment,” Rice said. “It could change. I commented that this was based on what we knew on that morning was provided to me and my colleagues and indeed to Congress by the intelligence community and that’s been well validated in many different ways since.”

“And that information turned out in some respects not to be 100 percent correct. But the notion that somehow I or anybody else in the administration misled the American people is patently false, and I think that that’s been amply demonstrated.”

The controversy over her news show appearances led to the withdrawal of her nomination as secretary of State. Instead, President Obama appointed Rice to a post that didn’t need Senate confirmation.

“What I do know is that I have a great job. It’s the greatest honor in the world to work for the president of the United States and on behalf of the American people. And I couldn’t ask for anything more,” she said.

Rice was asked if we’re any closer to finding those responsible for the murder of four Americans that night, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.

“Yes, I think you’ve heard the attorney general speak to this. The investigation is ongoing and has indeed made progress. But the point is we will get the perpetrators. We will stay on it until this gets done. If you need any proof of that, recall the capture operation that occurred not long ago in Libya against somebody who attacked the United States many years ago in Africa,” she said.

Anas al-Libi, wanted in the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings, was captured 15 years later in Tripoli.

“The United States stays on the case. This president, our President Obama, has said that we do what will it takes to bring the perpetrators to justice,” Rice said of Benghazi. “And indeed, we will.”

Bridget Johnson is a career journalist whose news articles and opinion columns have run in dozens of news outlets across the globe. Bridget first came to Washington to be online editor at The Hill, where she wrote The World from The Hill column on foreign policy. Previously she was an opinion writer and editorial board member at the Rocky Mountain News and nation/world news columnist at the Los Angeles Daily News. She has contributed to USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Politico and more, and has myriad television and radio credits as a commentator. Bridget is Washington Editor for PJ Media.
Who should be more humiliated: Rice, that she was sent on this mission, or the news shows that were used in so filthy and shameful a way, yet invite her back?
"Rice: Benghazi Info ‘Turned Out in Some Respects Not to be 100 Percent Correct’ "

Is that similar to being sort of pregnant?

Ms. Rice, just as in pregnancy, either you are or you aren't pregnant. The information on Benghazi, you so dutifully reported to the UN and the world, was not correct.
"And that information turned out in some respects not to be 100 percent correct"

So that's how they characterize complete and utter lies these days. Susan Rice has absolutely no credibility anymore
Liberal Rule # 1. Lie

Liberal Rule # 2. If your statements and/or actions are proven to be untrue,
see Rule # 1

Is that similar to being sort of pregnant?

I suppose Susan might be just another useful idiot. Given erroneous information and told to trot out on the national news scene and work it for the team. If thats the case if I were in her place I would have resigned my position and told the world what happened.

Seems in any case she's a team player - and quite likely a liar. When the progressives have been swept from office I wonder what this useful idiot will be doing for a job? I would not hire her to run an espresso stand.

I believe her. Truly. Not.
Word games, sickeningly familiar word games by a disingenuous regime representative.

"...the best information that we had at the time". Best for what purpose? How complete was the information that was actually known vs. was shared?

"...the information...was what we had at the moment". Who exactly do you mean by we Ms. Rice ?

"...was based on what we knew on that morning was provided to me..." That certainly doesn't rule out that your material may have been purposely incomplete does it?

"This president, our President Obama, has said that we do what will it takes to bring the perpetrators to justice". Well...this obviously means nothing of substance...

The semantic parsing is Clintonesque in its sliminess.

It's not even grammatic. I'm not sure if this is what she actually said or a transcription error.
Liars lie, and zebras don't change their stripes. Susan Rice is obviously not so stupid that she could be readily fooled, and has therefore confirmed that she is a cynical, bald-faced and unrepentant liar, eager to snuffle the butt-cheeks of her liar-in-chief.
Follow up question never asked:

"Susan, did your the story you market around have anything to do with covering for a C-in-C who was MIA who just happened to be in the middle of a hotly contested re-election campaign that except for a lot a people on the public dole who could be relied upon to vote for the family meal ticket line, he couldn't have gotten re-elected in a million years, did that have any influence in the "not 100 percent" accurate party line story you told, according to the sources you were given? Well did it?"

I would like to have heard her answer, but of course, the Honest Press was not there to grill her, or the President, so we did not get to hear that type of questioning or that type of dialogue.
I would also have liked to ask her: "What percentage of what you told us WAS true? 80%? 50%? 5%?"

Not that I expect she would have answered that question. I'm sure she would have just talked around it in standard "politicianese".
Of course she has no regrets because for a Liberal, lying is not wrong. If you need clarification see "If you like your healthcare pan you can keep it", "These jobs are shovel ready", and "Unemployment won't go above 8 percent".
What's the Muslim term for "lying" to infidels??
Taqiyya

She never had any with me.
1 2 Next View All