The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

February 17, 2014 - 10:07 am

Mommyish writer Marly Pierre-Louis writes that before her baby was even born, she and her partner intended to “gender bend the hell out of it.”

When I got pregnant, my partner and I knew we wanted to be thoughtful about the ways we helped our kids construct their gender and the way they viewed gender in general. Whatever sex our baby was born, we had every intentions of gender-bending the hell out of it. We toyed with the idea of raising a gender neutral child. But between the confusion and protests it would incite in our families and all the extra work it involved, we decided it wasn’t for us. What we really wanted was to find ways to equip our future children with the tools to think critically and the ability to challenge the notions of gender dichotomy that society would inevitably be pitching to them from womb to tomb.

Our next gender-bending challenge was clothing. As soon as our son was born, we were bombarded with utterly boring “boy clothes”. I had to lay down some rules. No sports! No “macho superhero’s”! And nothing with the words, “champ”, “all star” or anything of the sort. I was really hard core about this. I planned to balance out all the blues and greens with lots of pinks and purples and was ready to go to war with anyone who had a problem with it.

Turns out, it wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be. Even as a “progressive” parent, these binaries are still hard-wired within me and require some serious unlearning. I couldn’t fathom putting a dress on my son! If he asked for it, that’d be one thing. But doing so as a regular practice of gender bending? I wasn’t nearly as bold as I thought I was.

Over a hundred years of “progressivism,” yet this fool hasn’t figured out that men and women are biologically different.

When this boy goes to school, he will be behind his classmates in sociological development. His upbringing has set him up for a world of mockery, which won’t be the fault of the other kids. It will be the result of this boy’s foolish parents.

Here’s the kicker: The writer just really hates males. So she is abusing her son out of spite. She cannot claim that she is really gender neutral.

Even though I always played it off like I didn’t care what sex my baby would be, I secretly wanted a girl.

Read the rest. Why does being “progressive” always include going out of your way to create confusion and destroying things at their foundation?

She is "genderbending" her child, because it's a male. That's hatred in action.

This is child abuse. The kids need to be removed from the home and given to a couple that love children.
The right can stop some of this crap by simply INSISTING the word gender be scrapped and replaced with the word that was used since the beginning of time: SEX. Gender is a MARXIST tool, deliberately chosen to convey ambivalence and mutability.

Gender is a grammatical term - not a BIOLOGICAL one. We on the right rail against the left choosing the words but we go along with the deceit.

Why is it the left insists that SEX is mutable but HOMOSEXUALITY IS HARDWIRED?
Listening to Prager this morning and he had people on talking about this very issue. Proposals to not assign a gender on a birth certificate until they are adults so that the kid can pick his gender.
We have gone mad...
People wonder why I have no interest in having children. One of the reasons is if I had to listen to people spouting drivel like this at some birthday party or school function, I would not be able to keep myself from slapping them in the head.
It's a child. Not a social experiment. How can anyone who has been a child themselves be so disconnected about how fragile emotionally we can be when we're young.
In the future, all schools will mandate kilts. Obama should lead by example right now by wearing one, and forcing his body guards to as well. Rap artists may as well wear kilts as there is little difference between that and giant sized baseball hats and bright red leather jackets a size too small with yellow and green clod-hopper gym shoes as accessories with a grandfather clock worn on a chain around one's neck so big it requires a dolly.
"What we really wanted was to find ways to equip our future children with the tools to think critically and the ability to challenge the notions of gender dichotomy that society would inevitably be pitching to them from womb to tomb."

I don't normally say things like this, but anyone who can utter that sentence in earnest with a straight face simply shouldn't be allowed to have children.
Actually, she is a "blank slate" Marxist. Millions of young boys are being "diagnosed" by the world's most dangerous quacks, practitioners of the psy-iences, with having ADHD and they are being treated with dangerous drugs, because the "blank slaters" running their schools are not able to make these boys behave like little girls.

I call this abuse of children, by blank-slaters, by homosexual marriage thieves, and by feminist marriage redefiners (fault free divorce) a crime against humanity.

It's time to call their doublespeak for what it is. Anti-social, anti-humanity lies.

This woman ruining her boy's life thinks she is an advanced promoter of "equality", fairness, and justice. What she really is is a selfish, misguided, Marxist dupe sacrificing her own child for her "cool" ideology.
Way to ensure that your own child to have the beJesus beaten out of him until he stops displaying your perverted notions.

If its any consolation and hope, the kid will realize sooner than most that his "parents" are clueless old failures.... and in this instance, he'll be entirely correct.

I bet he ends up getting an appointment to West Point and gets chosen All-American while playing linebacker for them.

And won't "Mom" be PISSED OFF?
'Let's gender bend the hell outta it'...........

I don't even...... Your child as a dirt bike, to hack transform and customise any way you like. A fungible commodity, a material product to complement your aesthetics and personality......... pweh........
Because Leftists don't see children as people.

They see them as _accessories_.
Absolutely correct. Children are accessories to be used or else to be gotten rid of, and it is actually quite easy to leftists to reveal that the welfare of children is unimportant to them.

It was of the highest irony to me that at the same time the feminists were marching and screaming on the streets with the Marxists under the banner, "Every child a wanted child", we were learning of the murder of abandoned children in Brazil by off duty cops in the pay of street vendors who were losing produce and merchandise to the children who were stealing to survive. The slogan justified the murder as logically as it justified abortion.

Now what would the feminists say? That the Brazilian children should have been aborted, saying this to protect their evil promoting slogan (but would they say it to the Brazilian children?), or would they say that the children should be helped, thus admitting that their slogan was more of the same old diguising of self interest as love, to be applied where it served their selfish ends and withdrawn as "no longer operational" where it embarrassingly also justified killing desperate children in Brazil.
Penis envy...it all comes down to penis envy. To progressives, "Tuck and Run" means something totally differnent.
These are the same folks that want to outlaw "gay to straight" psychological therapy for teenagers.

They are functionally crazy. And they need to be called out.
She is "genderbending" her child, because it's a male. That's hatred in action.

This is entirely true, of course. If she'd had a girl she wouldn't for one nanosecond have considered giving her GI Joes, toy guns or Avengers action figures. No chance in hell.

It's not gender she hates, it's men. And I'd bet my next paycheck that whatever sad sack married her reflects that.
1 2 3 4 Next View All