The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

January 24, 2014 - 11:56 am

Sigh.

On Thursday at the Republican National Committee winter meeting, Huckabee did not name any names, but he sent a clear signal to organizations like the Senate Conservatives Fund, Heritage Action, FreedomWorks and others who are supporting efforts to defeat elected Republicans, such as Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

Just stop it, Huckabee said.

“Whatever differences we have, compared to the differences that we have to the other party, they’re small,” Huckabee said at a lunch. “And that’s why I’ve asked Republicans, let’s stop using the term ‘RINO’” — Republican In Name Only.

But Huckabee does have a contentious relationship with some outside conservative groups. The Club For Growth spent $750,000 running ads against Huckabee in 2008, according to Federal Election Commission reports, accusing him of raising taxes as Arkansas governor and framing him as fiscally irresponsible.

“Let’s stop calling each other somehow less Republican than someone else. Be for the person you’re for,” Huckabee said.

He said that he will be traveling to Auschwitz next week for the anniversary of the liberation of the concentration camp, and noted that the horror of the Holocaust began with the devaluation of people.

“It all started when people were devalued, when people were deemed ‘less than someone else,’” Huckabee said. “We look back on that time in history and we think, ‘How can educated people, university trained, how can a nation like Germany with all of its resources, with its vast level of its population with higher education, get to a place where they can do something so heinous?’ You realize that the only way you can end up there is when you start with the idea that people just aren’t as valuable as you are.”

It also takes a madman with a plan for exterminating people, and an assembly of people who are just as evil and bloodthirsty. I don’t see that in any of FreedomWorks’ leadership or literature. Let’s not Godwin ourselves over the RINO thing.

We social conservatives have to be careful. Mike Huckabee is a so-con but he is a big government guy. The criticism above is self-serving and, in the end, unprincipled.

So, he doesn't like "RINO?" How about "Vichy Republican?"
This is distressing to read. I like the Huck. He's an honest man of faith, ran on a Fair Tax platform, and plays a pretty good bass.

That said, if he's not outraged by the rape of the Constitution, the insane spending, and the endless micromanaging of free people's lives on a Federal level...

If his first, last, and only priority isn't de-constructing, downsizing, and burning off the dross of this bloated, mutated leviathan...

And he realizes that the only hope of saving our Republic is a systemic, hard look at the text and intent of the Constitution as written, and slashing or removing ALL Federal programs that are not specifically enumerated, and nullifying any non-conforming Imperial edicts, laws, or taxes...

Then he is NOT a Constitutional Republican.
Bryan, I don't want to comment on the substance of the post but the headline and sub-headline got me to read it, and brought a smile to my face.
No that's Hucksup (or UpHucks?), and is RINOing a sex act?
No that's Hucksup (or UpHucks?), and is RINOing a sex act?
"...and is RINOing a sex act?"

No, it's more akin to flushing unwanted waste down the toilet.
To be clear, it's the flushing of Progressive Republicans from the Republican Party. Don't want anyone to think I was saying Progressives were sub-human fecal matter. It's just that in both cases you're flushing something you don't need anymore out of the system.
Oh, Mike. You're SO very Republican. You're totally not less Republican than I am.

You're also a Progressive statist who loves government solutions. You're SO much more statist than I am. In fact, if anyone is less than anyone else, it is I. I am less of a Progressive than you are, Mike. I worship the state less than you do.

Mike Huckabee, you and I don't share very many common principles. I think taxes should be uniform and direct. I think everyone who votes should pay taxes, rich and poor. Like adults and children, those who are financially responsible make the rules.

Does that make me more Republican than Mike Huckabee? It's hard to say, but neither of us is less human. Isn't the measure of humanity one is willing to concede to his opponent more important than a measure of Party loyalty?
Having posted that, it strikes me that many Republicans seem to argue that if I say someone isn't a good Republican, it's equivalent to saying they aren't a good human being. Many commentators here at PJM seem to fall into that same mental trap.

If your identity as a human being is wrapped up in your affiliation with a political party, I feel sorry for you. You must have a very lonely and pathetic existence. Nevertheless, saying you're a rotten Republican IS NOT the same thing as saying you are less-than-human. If you think it is, the problem is with you and not with me.
F**K HUCK!
Both Conservatives and Liberals both forget that "religious right" is not one word. There is a large "religious left" which favors big government, open borders, and treats prisoners as victims. The Huckster is definitely of the second variety.