The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

January 13, 2014 - 10:11 am

I was always on Evander Holyfield’s side (who wasn’t?), but this smackdown of Dennis Rodman by Mike Tyson is really great:

“[Rodman] lost it. They’ll probably arrest him when he gets back in this country. When you see  [former NBA player] Charles Smith, who you know is a decent person. I could not believe that Charles Smith would be involved with that, unless it was something advantageous for him” Tyson said.  “But I couldn’t believe, Dennis Rodman, who’s leading the way. Man, it’s such a disappointing factor. It just wasn’t good. And it didn’t help the cause. Look, nobody can stop me from making a fool of myself, but that was some really, some really bad stuff. It wasn’t even funny. It was like, a [fictional] scene. You couldn’t even believe that’s real. If I would have woke up in the middle of that, I would have thought it was a sketch or something. It was really some bad stuff, when you look at it. And he put those other guys in a bad predicament too. They may never get a job to work with, to be involved with the NBA again, for life.”

…”It’s treason. It’s treason, 100%. Look, I’m not politically incarnate or anything, but when you examine what treason is, it’s treason,” Tyson said. “He’s in another land, that’s an enemy of our land, and he’s talking [expletive] on us. He’s talking really bad to our guys over there.”

…“And he’s defending [North Korea]. And plus they’ve got one of our guys over there in prison, and he’s defending them, saying ‘do you know what that guy did?’ well you don’t either,” Tyson said.  “You become his lackey. He must have paid them with money, I’m sure he’s getting paid. I’m sure Dennis is not doing this out of the kindness of his heart.”

When asked if he might consider visiting North Korea to promote his one-man stage show, which lands in Vegas this month, Tyson replied, “You ain’t gotta worry about that.”

Bridget Johnson is a veteran journalist whose news articles and opinion columns have run in dozens of news outlets across the globe. Bridget first came to Washington to be online editor at The Hill, where she wrote The World from The Hill column on foreign policy. Previously she was an opinion writer and editorial board member at the Rocky Mountain News and nation/world news columnist at the Los Angeles Daily News. She is an NPR contributor and has contributed to USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Politico and more, and has myriad television and radio credits as a commentator. Bridget is Washington Editor for PJ Media.

What a world, when I find Tyson making perfect sense.
Gee, the words of a half mad prizefighter are politically significant. Still, he said all the right things. I particularly liked, "Look, nobody can stop me from making a fool of myself, but that was some really, some really bad stuff. " The guy is self aware.
Nice to see Tyson smack down Rodman. And none of the PC crowd can call this racism, when it is Mike Tyson doing the smack down.
Ah Iron Mike, good on ya.
I think Rodman's about as good a diplomat as I am a basketball player.
Umm.... no.

I'm pretty sure you at least understand the basic rules and objective of the game.

You've got a big advantage over Rodman.

Mike Tyson is awsome.
Think about it, we could have had a man like Mike Tyson instead of Klown Prince Barry Obama as our second black president.

The world would be a much better place and we wouldn't be the laughingstock of the planet.
Mike has always been honest about his own failings, far more so than 99% of us, which is why I've always liked him.
I'm not sure Rodman's idiocy rises to the level of treason but he sure has succeeded in making an a$$ out of himself. Good to hear Tyson calling him out on it.
The more I see of Iron Mike, the better I like him. He's growing up and getting wise. A President could probably do worse to send him on a tour of the world to talk up America, or a tour of the ghetto's to talk up education, or getting a job, or even making a fool of yourself.
"The more I see of Iron Mike, the better I like him. "

I have to agree. It's been interesting watching him the last few years since he's been out of boxing. He's obviously uneducated, but if you can look past that, I think there's evidence that he's quite intelligent.

Not that he has great values (cough, cough), but there's a lot more there than just a punch-drunk knuckle dragging has-been.

>> He's obviously uneducated

I really wish we could put this pejorative to bed. And struggling to look past that for evidence of intelligence? Puuuuleeeesee.
Last time a president did that, it was Jimmah sending out Muhammed Ali to Africa...and they were not amused.
What a world, when I find Tyson making perfect sense.
If it were a well-educated, middle class (or better) black man saying the same things, yeah, they'd still call it racism.

With Tyson, they don't dare. :D

One Trackback to “Mike Tyson Says Rodman Committed ‘Treason, 100%’”