The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

December 18, 2013 - 5:05 pm

A&E network has chosen to mess with its most popular show.

The network issued the following statement to EW: “We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the seriesDuck Dynasty. His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely.”

An A&E spokesperson confirmed this statement means exactly what it says: Robertson is off the show for an as-yet-undetermined period of time. The rest of his family will continue on the reality series.

Robertson gave an interview to GQ, in which he is reported to have expressed opinions that run afoul of the current political correctness, which places gay rights and sensitivities above the rights of others to their opinions. Expressing such opinions often leads to conflicts with the thought police, proving once again that a liberal doesn’t really care what you think, as long as you agree with them entirely.

A&E is free to do what they want with the show.  The Robertson family has had running issues with the network’s attempts to provoke conflict and create false, profane drama for the sake of ratings. That’s not who the Robertsons are, and they have refused to play along. At this point, it’s questionable whether the Robertsons even need the network anymore. Their show is the most popular show in cable history, and their merchandise is in just about every store in the country. A&E probably needs the Robertsons a whole lot more than they need the network.

h/t Right Scoop

Just bought The Duck Commander and Si-Cology from Amazon. Not that I'm really interested in reading them, but I did it just to spite the freaking clowns who keep shoving political correctness down my throat.
Duck Dynasty could start their own online show and blow away the competition.
It would be so nice for the entire Duck Dynasty crew to show solidarity and refuse to perform because of Phil's treatment. I wonder what A&E's position would be if Duck Dynasty were to be called off and they lost their biggest seller.
Here are some quotes from black science fiction and fantasy author Nora K. Jemisin:

At an SF convention she went to in Australia, her first visit, she said in a Guest of Honor speech "This is not a safe country for people of color."

"After I read that book (Farnham's Freehold) I realized two things: a) that Heinlein was racist as *f--k*, and b) most of science fiction fandom was too."

She portrays whites in the past as one "during which a demographic minority of the human species constructed an ingenious system allowing it to dominate most of the planet. (Diabolical… but ingenious.)"

Her punishment:

Nominated for the Hugo (three times), the Nebula (four times), and the World Fantasy Award (twice); shortlisted for the Crawford, the Gemmell Morningstar, and the Tiptree; and she has won a Locus Award for Best First Novel as well as the Romantic Times Reviewer’s Choice Award (three times).

Hypocrisy is word that needs Gothic buttresses to contain political correctness, a thing many of the PC maintain doesn't even exist.

She never shuts up on Twitter about whites; not for one single day. And the general situation in that community is much, much worse then I have the space to let on here. Suffice it to say, multiply this by unknown tens of thousands of comments.

The funniest thing is that I'm comparing Jemisin to a photo of a stereotype of a hillbilly in a run-down shack with bare ceilings. Even funnier is that the guy can probably hunt, skin and cook his game and knows how to build a shack. I doubt if Jemisin knows where table salt comes from or could harvest it if she did. Can you say "useless?"
We have often commented here that the right to speech includes no special right to be heard. A&E is a private-sector company; they have the right to an editorial policy and to use that policy when selecting programming and on-air talent.
Mr. Robertson's assessment of the Biblical view of homosexuality is perfectly accurate, too. The Old and New Testaments are both far harsher on homosexual conduct, at least male homosexual conduct, than they are on prostitution. And about equal with the harshness directed at adultery.
I happen to believe that the Biblical authors are wrong on this point. Mr. Robertson and everyone else on the planet has a right to disagree with me and to do so in whatever terms they choose. But PJMedia has no obligation to carry those views or to block them, and neither has A&E an obligation to carry Mr. Robertson's views.
I don't have a problem with A&E really; they have to swim in a marketing sea. In business you don't make it personal - you do what you have to do.

I blame the one-sided mainstreaming of hate speech ignored or inflated according to PC. The problem there is that is also often in a sink or swim market setting.

That's what free speech combined with market forces buys you. No sane business is going to treat that business like their living room.

A video game festival called PAX is introducing a safer space for gays, non-whites and people of color. Knowing what I know about the owners, I am 100% certain they despise the idea, and I mean DESPISE. They're rolling with the punches and counting money. If you get GLAAD on your hind end, that's a problem.

This double standard of hate speech is even institutionalized into the very fabric of our gov't. You can't even disagree with illegal immigration without being fitted with a KKK hood. What's the answer? I don't know. Principle is a dying breed in our institutions from top to bottom and this faddism will wreck this country.

The irony is that the "oppressed" second class citizens leading the charge will be the first to have their rights circumvented when the world takes a change for the dangerous from eventually spending all our money managing our unproductive populations rather than military spending. Trust me, some woman will be writing Sense and Sensibility and Jane Eyre 100 years from now, but with the trend going in the other direction.
While many may want to boycott A & E, it is not always possible due to cable/satellite bundling. If you want to let A & E know that you don't support their political correct b/s, find out who advertises with A & E and tell them you will no longer buy their products as long as they do.

Let's face it; the left has been trying to figure out a way to go after the God fearing, gun toting, camo wearing, Christian living Southerners from Louisiana for a long time. Make it backfire on them.
I just thought of something...how was that interview edited?
Of course this had to happen. Martin Bashir "resigned" for his comments about Sarah Palin, so of course Redneck Red Amerika needs to be put in its place. Not that this wouldn't have happened had the Bashir thing not, but there is certainly some extra rage behind it.

The thing is, and I say this as someone who considers the show a guilty pleasure (since all "reality TV" is cooked to some degree) I don't agree with the guy and I don't much like what he said. I would have had a moment of pause before I watched it again, and knowing some really nice gay couples, I would be about as bothered as I would have had he said the same thing about mixed marriage (which given the race of one of his grand kids I'm sure he never would). I also suspect I'm not alone.

A hell of a lot of Libertarians and free thinkers, and guess what folks, we're the growth part of the Conservative movement are getting pretty damn sick of constantly being tarred as haters because of narrow minded fundamentalist Christian dogma mostly rooted in tent revival Protestantism from the 1920's. I'm frankly sick of not wanting to call myself a republican because people who would vote with us if they didn't think we were evil because of this stuff make me do apologia for a half hour before I can even engage them in a discussion.

This used to be more tolerable when the "faith based community" or whatever we're calling it now actually showed up and voted. However in the last several elections they stayed home.

Now Phil Robertson has the right to say anything he pleases, and people who don't like it (including A&E executives) have the right to do as they please with their show. The left's obsession with shout down censorship guarantees that I will stand in solidarity with the Duck Commander and give him a pass I otherwise probably wouldn't as easily, because we're mostly on the same team, that being team Freedom. That said...really sick of this nonsense. Do you REALLY think that the maker of all creation is infinitely obsessed with where people put their genitals if they are not making a baby and then killing or abandoning it...REALLY...which is more likely...that something so clearly wrong by convention rather than in essence is hell worthy, or that a bunch of self appointed messengers didn't like or understand it.

Not trying to convince you, but that is why you are losing this argument. It doesn't pass Occam's Razor.
If you don't like being a conservative then don't use that term to describe yourself.
" I would have had a moment of pause before I watched it again, and knowing some really nice gay couples, I would be about as bothered as I would have had he said the same thing about mixed marriage"

It is pretty easy to see if a couple is "mixed" race, since you have the visual proof of that. Just how do you know a couple is gay, and not just living together for financial expediency, unless they tell you? Or do you assume that any two college students of the same sex that live together are gay?

Frankly, I'm sick of being told what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms when they screamed and hollered how they just wanted privacy. If you are so damn concerned about privacy, keep you mouth shut about your private life.
The mere fact that we are having this conversation is a direct reflection on how far the ideologues of the Left have moved the goalposts of rational thought. When up becomes down, sinners become saints, and proficient, pathological liars become president...we have lost control of the moral fabric of our country to those to seek to destroy us from within.
The problem is that someone in the upper echelons of A&E still thinks it caters to the same audience it had in 1984 when it was Arts & Entertainment, i.e., 400 or so homosexuals and pædophiles. They can't fathom that when they accidentally hit upon a show that features people of faith, and that show then becomes the highest-rated show on television, there might be a 1:1 correlation.

Go ahead -- kill your golden goose. The Robertsons will do just fine without you. Maybe then you can get your old audience back of 400 elitist homosexuals and pædophiles.
It's a shame I don't have cable. Then I could boycott A&E. Though, if I did have cable I'd still be paying for A&E, as well as the other puerile purveyors of crap (MTV, VH1, and even ESPN).

If you are disgusted with A&E and the rest then drop cable. That will show the Godless heathens in the entertainment industry we mean business. But no, conservatives have got to have their "stories" and "sports" so they'll keep watching and paying millions to those who love to insult us and to defame our beliefs.
A&E = Guardians of public immorality.
When pointing out obvious design flaws can get you fired, we have descended into an Orwellian sh*t hole.
1 2 3 4 Next View All