The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

November 29, 2013 - 8:35 am

The point of this post isn’t to turn former heavyweight boxing champion and ear-biter Mike Tyson into a political prognosticator. The point is to note that while the left’s leading lights — Ezra Klein, Matt Yglesias, etc — don’t get or won’t admit that Obamacare is a pile of fail, this guy who took quite a few punches to the head does get it. He appeared on Piers Morgan’s show and managed to make a little sense.

MORGAN: “That’s since then, that was a year ago. Obviously they tried to do this with ObamaCare, they tried — ”
TYSON: “This thing really, it just really went horrible, didn’t it?”
MORGAN: “Yeah.”
TYSON: “It’s really, it’s really bad.”
MORGAN: “I mean the idea behind it, would you be supportive of the idea of bringing millions of Americans into health care, who wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford it?”
TYSON: “If they can get the health care, but as of now it doesn’t seem they can get it. I was for it a 100 percent but we just have to come to the reality that it didn’t work.”

He's not right that no president has cared about Blacks. If he'd said no president is able to help any social group in certain ways, but that bad economic policy hurts those on the lower end of the economic scale worse than the rest it would have been accurate.

But the rest was totally accurate. Obama's main use is as a symbol, and his signature achievement is an epic failure and will never be anything else.
The more I hear about / read Mr. Tyson, the more impressed I am by him. He's uneducated and from a terrible background, but he *is* world-class ... or was. I think there must be some inner core of greatness somewhere that lets you reach the apex of being one of the world's most famous names. His uneducated ignorance led him to be "for it 100 percent". His native great Tyson-ness allows him now to backtrack and say, "awful, terrible, dreadful." He's not afraid to admit to being wrong, and that's something that Pelosi, Reid and their ilk can't do. I just wonder if John Roberts will be able to right his wrong if and when Obamacare and/or the impeachment of the President gets that far again.
When Mike Tyson says a series of things that are an order of magnitude more rational than the entire Black Caucus, the President of the United States and the political party that controls this country with an iron fist, if you didn't already know it, you must now understand just how profound a problem this country is facing.
my co-worker's aunt makes $81 an hour on the computer. She has been fired for ten months but last month her income was $14545 just
working on the computer for a few hours.
check it out http://www.wow40.com
I don't know anyone who doesn't want everyone that wants healthcare to get it. The problem this Obamacare law has always had is that it promises things that won't work. There are other solutions that can be tried that don't force people to buy products they don't want.
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Im making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do,,,,,,
www.Day35.com
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

working on the computer for a few hours.
check it out http://www.wow40.com
I agree NanGee. But I don't even like the term "uneducated". It implies one of the main liberal fetishes that would ruin the country if it continued, and I hope doesn't. Educated ignorance is what Liberalism rides on.

If Tyson is uneducated so were my parents, and they did alright.
When I said "uneducated" I was referring in my own mind specifically to a lack of mathematics to do the sums that thinking about ObamaCare demanded. I knew from reading the internet before it was passed, that it seemed like a Ponzi scheme and now that it's rolled out it *is* a Ponzi scheme. But you have to know (a) what a Ponzi scheme is, (b) what a Potemkin village is, and (c) why the whole ObamaCare thing *must* collapse to be able to start to comprehend what it is and why it's already not working. But it's mostly lack of education in adding and subtracting that fooled so many pro-ObamaCare wishful thinkers.
Not one of my favorite punditry tactics. Find someone for whose opinions one would normally have little respect, preferably even someone for whom one has little respect as a person. Discover that this person agrees with you on something, and say "see, even so and so gets it." There are better ways to make the same point.
Many of us know that such a tactic, if used as a tactic, is a logical fallacy. The real question is if Mr. Tyson's peers are also saying the same thing—a thing the article doesn't address except by implication.
Awaiting your punditry with enthralled anticipation.