Did You Know There Are 12 Reasons Why Obama Is One of the Best Presidents Evah?
November 17, 2013 - 4:20 pm
Gee — only 12? You would think an Obamabot like Matthew Lynch (“Ed.D.”), a clueless git writing at Huffpo, could have come up with at least a half dozen more reasons why President Obama is one of the best presidents in the history of…history.
I will give you a sampling of each reason — no sense spoiling your appetite.
1. He is for The People. Say what you will about Barack Obama, but unlike the many presidents who preceded him, he cares about what is best for the greater good.
I will probably mention this more than once. This is a guy with a doctorate degree. Why does he think like a sophomore in high school?
2. He is for civil rights. He has consistently spoken on behalf of the disenfranchised, the underdog and the most controversial members of society — despite the fact that it was politically unpopular to do so at the time.
It has not been “politically unpopular” to speak about civil rights for about 30 years. But don’t stop him. He’s on a roll.
3. He is for one race — the human race. In just a few short years, Obama’s professional achievements and continued demonstration of equality and integrity have done wonders for race relations.
I almost stopped reading at this point. But I was compelled to continue — much for the same reason I watch NASCAR: I am intensely curious about what cars are going to spin out in turn 3.
4. He is for a healthcare system that brings hope and healing to the hurting.
OK — we get it. He’s a great guy. Now, about that “healthcare system”…
5. He is for the middle class. Here are just a few of the comments made by President Barack Obama in recent months: “Rebuilding our economy starts with strengthening the middle class. Extending tax breaks on 98 percent of families now would give hardworking Americans the security and confidence they need.”
Yes, he talks a good game. No doubt he has made thousands of comments complimentary of and dripping with concern for the middle class. Too bad his policies haven’t done anything to help them.
6. He is for women’s rights. Obama’s very first executive action as President was to sign the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, a bill specifically designed to annihilate wage discrimination barriers for women.
Well, at least some womens’ rights. And don’t you love our good doctor of education’s vocabulary? “Annihilate” wage discrimination barriers? Like I said, my 15-year-old cousin could write rings around this jamoke.