The PJ Tatler

Rick Moran

November 10, 2013 - 9:54 am

Julian Notaro, writing in The Hill, has put together a fascinating collection of Obama apologies over the years.

What’s interesting is that there are several Obama “apologies” where he expresses regret for something someone else did, as with these instances:

Sept. 21, 2012

Obama apologized to Muslims. The president expressed regret for the anti-Islam film, “The Innocence of Muslims,” which was produced in California and triggered outrage.

Feb. 23, 2012

Obama apologized to Afghan President Hamid Karzai. This apology came after U.S. military personnel in Afghanistan had burned copies of the Koran, which sparked widespread rioting.

Oct. 1, 2010

Obama apologized to Guatemalan President Alvaro Colom. This one was for a study conducted by the U.S. Public Health Service between 1946 and 1948 in which almost seven hundred Guatemalans were purposely infected with syphilis.

Then there were some slips of the tongue:

June 1, 2012

Obama apologized to Poland. The president had referred to World War II concentration camps as “Polish death camps,” rather than Nazi death camps in German-occupied Poland.

Feb. 2, 2010

Obama apologized to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.). In 2010, Obama said, “When times are tough you tighten your belts, you don’t go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage. You don’t blow a bunch of cash on Vegas when you’re trying to save for college.” Reid, who faced a tough reelection race that year, criticized the remark. Obama penned a letter to Reid clarifying his comments.

Feb. 12, 2007

Obama apologized to U.S. troops. At that time, he said because of the Iraq war, more than 3,000 American lives were “wasted.” Obama later said he was upset with himself, adding that he immediately knew he had misspoken.

Then there are apologies for being politically incorrect:

May 2, 2013

Obama apologized to California Attorney General Kamala Harris. He had called her “America’s best looking attorney general.” White House press secretary Jay Carney later said that Obama “fully recognizes the challenges women continue to face in the workplace and that they should not be based on appearance.”

March 21, 2009

Obama apologized to the Special Olympics. During an appearance on The Tonight Show, Obama mocked his bowling skills, saying it was “like The Special Olympics or something.”

June 19, 2007

Obama apologized to Hillary Clinton. Obama’s campaign drafted a memo that homed in on Clinton’s financial ties to India, labeling her the “senator from Punjab.” Obama said his campaign made a “dumb mistake.”

Someone should write a post: “Apologies I’d Like to See Obama Make.” He could apologize for stuff like screwing up the economy, botching so much of our foreign policy, coarsening the culture, continuously playing the race card, being a partisan hack, and calling Republicans names.

Add your own suggestions in the comments.

Rick Moran is PJ Media's Chicago editor and Blog editor at The American Thinker. He is also host of the"RINO Hour of Power" on Blog Talk Radio. His own blog is Right Wing Nut House.

He should also say that he's sorry that his apologies sound so completely insincere.
"I'm sorry George W. Bush was such a screw-up."
I'm sorry that my mother took me from Kenya and lied about where I was born, I am resigning the presidency and returning to Africa forthwith, and renounce my fake US citizenship, you won't have to pay anything to me or have Secret Service guards over me. My wife and daughters will not go to Africa, they want to live on the French Riviera instead,where they spent so many happy weeks together. Moochelle thinks they can life well there off her future book deals.
I'm sorry I am such a terrible screw-up, and to show how sorry I am, I am resigning, effective immediately.
hello.
"I am sorry I was brought up in the CIA, and not taught that their theater of operations does not represent American civilians; and that I still believe they are always right. After all, they represent Wall Street, and look at how well the stock market rocks."
"I'm sorry that you've found yourself in a terrible economy, which I had nothing to do with occurring. You have my most sincere condolences and I assure you that, between rounds of golf and trips to Martha's Vineyard, I will put every effort that I can into fixing the blame for this situation on the Republicans."

Oh wait, did I read the instructions wrong when I typed what I expect him to say rather than what I'd like to hear? No matter. The Dear Leader has expressed that following directions from anyone but him is purely at our once discretion, or his, if he's not busy.
Three apologies none of us will ever hear President Forked Tongue utter:

“First, I’d like to apologize to the parents, families and friends who have suffered immeasurably from the deaths of two deceased U.S. Agents, Brian Terry and Jaime Zapata, because of the unlawful Operation the Fast & Furious gun walking conspiracy that I approved of and sanctioned.”

“Secondly, I’m equally sorry for the surviving parents, families and friends of Ambassador Christopher Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods for my ill-mentored ideology, my gross negligence and incompetence that contributed to their deaths in Benghazi Lybia.

“Finally, to the American conservative entities who were wronged because of my IRS unlawfully targeting them to purposely secure my re-election, I want to apologize to you, too.”
Why "A Short History…?"

Because there isn't a long one.
"Suggest your own Obama apologies in the comments."

"I'm sorry that my mommy was a hippy dippy commie who turned me over to commie granddad in my early teens who in turned turned me over to commie Frank Marshall Davis so I could absorb his "influence". I'm sorry my daddy, (aka Barack Sr.) didn't stick around and raise me so I wouldn't have all these daddy issues I'm still trying to work out in my 50's. I regret hanging with all the commie professors and all those other influences and people like Billy Ayers and the Rev. (Jeremiah was a...) Bullfrog at that dumb church dedicated to the likes of Black Liberation Theology and the crazy, even cruel, Louis Farrakhan. And I'm sorry for doing all that choom and the other stuff that really really compromised my brain and my ability to pay attention, 'cause occasionally I really do need to focus on dumb stuff like foreign policy and America shooting craps. (altho' I kinda like that latter one) Last but not least, I'm sorry I've turned into a complete narcissist who tries desperately to hide my failings with bluster and rhetoric with which I take advantage ("con") the faithful."
Obama should apologies for disrespecting America.
1 2 3 4 Next View All