The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

October 23, 2013 - 6:38 am
YouTube Preview Image

There’s a button on the healthcare.gov website to live chat with a representative if you have questions about or problems with the process. The House Republican Conference received a copy of one actual chat between a potential customer with one of these representatives, who had a few issues with spelling and a few more issues with, well, customer service:

[09:33:52 am]: Please be patient while we’re helping other people.

[09:33:57 am]: Welcome! You’re now connected to Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat. Thanks for contacting us. My name is Dean. To protect your privacy, please don’t provide any personal information, like Social Security Number, or any other sensitive medical or personal information.

[09:34:17 am]: Dean: Welcome. How can I help you?

[09:34:23 am]: Adrian: In the application process I am at setup 7 of family & household. Clicking Save & Continue does not allow me to move forward.

[09:34:55 am]: Dean: I apologize for the inconvenience. I understand that it is frustrating.

[09:35:17 am]: Dean: Thanks for your interest in the Health Insurance Marketplace. We have a lot of visitors trying to use our website right now. That is causing some glitches for some people trying to create accounts or log in. Keep trying and thanks for your patience. You might have better success during off-peak hours, like later at night or early in the morning. We’ll continue working to improve the site so you can get covered. You have until March 2014 to enroll.

[09:35:43 am]: Dean: Don’t lose your sanity over this website. Try it. If it doesn’t work, walk away. Try it tomorrow.

[09:36:08 am]: Dean: You have two months to apply, enrole in a plan, and make your first premium payment, to get coverage starting Jan,1,2014.

[09:36:18 am]: Adrian: This isn’t a login problem.

[09:36:32 am]: Adrian: What you sent seems like a canned response.

[09:36:55 am]: Dean: It was .

[09:37:03 am]: Adrian: I had the login problems for the first 11 days.

[09:37:28 am]: Adrian: I have until Oct 30 to make a decision about coverage for my family. I don’t have until March

[09:38:13 am]: Dean: Inagine you are stuck in this site’s rush hour traffic . You still exist .You just aren’t going anywhere

[09:38:39 am]: Adrian: Rush hour?

[09:38:50 am]: Adrian: This isn’t rush hour.

[09:39:11 am]: Adrian: Do they pay you to make jokes?

[09:39:15 am]: Dean: Millions of people want to do this yesterday.

[09:39:30 am]: Adrian: Now you sound like a fortune cookie.

[09:39:49 am]: Adrian: Next you are going to tell me about advise from strangers?

[09:39:54 am]: Dean: I’m flattered.

[09:40:10 am]: Adrian: You have no way to assist those that ask for help?

[09:40:24 am]: Dean: Don’t run with sissors

[09:40:41 am]: Adrian: Why is there even a chat option on the page if you can’t lookup an application and assist?

[09:40:43 am]: Dean: You can contact the Health Insurance Marketplace Call Center. Their telephone number is 1-800-318-2596. They may be able to assist you.

[09:40:54 am]: Adrian: Then what is the chat function for?

[09:41:08 am]: Dean: Information

[09:41:27 am]: Adrian: What information? The phone number of the call center?

[09:42:01 am]: Dean: I can’t use your personal information, the call center can

[09:42:46 am]: Adrian: I am not talking about PII, just step seven that Save & Continue won’t work on.

[09:43:20 am]: Dean: We are available to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us toll free at 1-800-318-2596. Hearing impaired callers using TTY technology can reach us at 1-855-889-4325. In addition to English and Spanish, we can provide assistance in a number of languages through an interpretation service. We are closed on Memorial Day, Independence

[09:44:59 am]: Dean: Thank you for contacting Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat. We are here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

[09:45:20 am]: ‘Dean’ has left the chat session.

[09:45:22 am]: Your chat session is over. Thanks for contacting us, and we hope we’ve answered your questions. Have a great day.

You can share any winning stories about your healthcare.gov experience with the Republican Conference at GOP.gov.

*****

What books does Bridget Johnson recommend for 2013? Click here to see her picks at the Freedom Academy Book Club.

Bridget Johnson is a veteran journalist whose news articles and opinion columns have run in dozens of news outlets across the globe. Bridget first came to Washington to be online editor at The Hill, where she wrote The World from The Hill column on foreign policy. Previously she was an opinion writer and editorial board member at the Rocky Mountain News and nation/world news columnist at the Los Angeles Daily News. She is an NPR contributor and has contributed to USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Politico and more, and has myriad television and radio credits as a commentator. Bridget is Washington Editor for PJ Media.

my classmate's mother-in-law makes $85/hour on the laptop. She has been out of work for 5 months but last month her income was $14953 just working on the laptop for a few hours. have a peek at this website....www.Bay95.com
my friend's mother makes $86/hr on the internet. She has been without a job for five months but last month her income was $20934 just working on the internet for a few hours. my review here....www.Bay95.com
my co-worker's sister makes $68 hourly on the computer. She has been without a job for 7 months but last month her pay was $15227 just working on the computer for a few hours. hop over to this site...
This is Big Government at its very finest:

"[09:40:10 am]: Adrian: You have no way to assist those that ask for help?

[09:40:24 am]: Dean: Don’t run with sissors"

A smart a$$ answer that isn't even spelled correctly. You can't make this stuff up.
that post sounds about right, and Hannity did a call that seemed to get similar non responses to problems.
Kafkaesque
"...a copy of one actual chat between a potential customer with one of these representatives...''

There's only one point to make. I listened to the so-called actual chat. It is a phony. The customer is obviously reading a script. The responses, which are given in a computer voice, are phony too. I guess all is fair on the internet. I do recommend you not be fooled. It would be embarrassing.
Maybe you should review the meaning of the word "chat" or did I miss a sarc tag?
This is Abbott and Costello. Dean is Mr. Bacciagalupe telling Costello the two bananas are three.
That dialog reads astonishingly like some of the robotic, staccato exchanges I've had with Indian call centers while trying to cope with another one of the computer glitches we face now and then.

Hand-typed "Chat" sessions could be an alternative to snappy audio phone calls....but it doesn't work that way.

This circular way of "talking" is just more nonsensical frustration ....resulting in serious problems of communication.
the video is just a voice-over of a computer chat session.
And twenty new comedians got their start in NYC....or....not since the propaganda ministers will now be checking to make sure you don't make fun of "Der Fuhrer".

I had hoped to reach retirement in a sane country. Guess that's not gonna happen either.