The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

October 22, 2013 - 7:12 am

On The Daily Show Monday night, Jon Stewart delivered the most comprehensive Obamacare take-down yet. From the dysfunctional Healthcare.gov calculator to the site’s inexplicable data issues, to asking “When did the president of the United States turn into Gil from the Simpsons,” Stewart smashed his president’s handling of Obamacare.

Stewart blasts Obama’s “tech surge” — “Your website is so f*****, we have to use the same strategy that we used to salvage the Iraq war?”

And at the end — “Glitches?!? I didn’t get a 404 file unfound screen, I’ve got sucked into the mainframe!”

Take a look.

Why am I seeing reruns of Monty Python in my head? Ministry of Silly Walks.
If you believe the WHite House, the feds spent $500 Million on Healthcare.gov. I have seen other estimate here on PJMedia that go as high $634 Million.

Damn, that's almost serious money.

The real question is not Healthcasre.gov, but rather is that, if we know how badly they screwed this up with that much money, why can we not hold it as a matter of faith that they've spent trillions of American tax dollars wastefully, on the wrong crap, and that we, America, have nothing to show for it except a legacy of debt to our posterity.

Far more than mere venality, I hate incompetence.
Showing my age, I remember Senator Everett Dirkson (R-Ill) saying, "A billion here and a billion there, and soon you're talking about real money".
Really? "....sucked into the mainframe?" Liberal humor is definitely juvenile.
What about real issues like the premium increases?
The left won't touch that.
Damn, that's funnier than watching Mike Meyers find Fat Bastard's turd in the toilet in the hunt for Doctor Evil. I'm sure if some Tom, Dick, or Harry ORiley had said you can't "spin this turd" the mainstream shills would be in uproar over racist code talk at Fox. Well, at least John can still recognize a turd when he see's one; that's something positive in the reality challenged.
Certainly says a lot for the miserable state of mainstream media in this country, when John freakin Stewart is the only lefty voice willing to speak the truth about the Obamacare rollout trainwreck.
nice to have the late night hosts skewering this disaster
Yeah I switched over to a Samsung Chrome book. Very stable, quick on, I don't have to put up with an upgrade process, a lot less heat generated, and a noticeable drop in electrical power used......Of course given the total lack of security on the part of Google I've had to build a sand bag bunker in my apartment because of the comments I've put out on the internet about Democrats, Obama, Progressives, Crony bankers, and the entire Executive branch.
If John Stewart is correct and the result of the conditions that almost brought about the government "shutdown" is a huge Blue majority going forward then we are truly incapable of logical thought as a nation and unworthy of the Constitution based Republic that our fore fathers bequeathed to us. Get ready for a steady stream of charlatans and petty tyrants, loss of personal liberty and an overall degradation of our standard of living. It would be wise for all individuals, families and small businesses to think about how to make a stand, how to protect what you have and how best to remove yourself from the merciless gaze of government bureaucracies.
Right now I just try to focus on things in my life that make me happy.

John Stewart is not one of those things.

He's more "gum on the shoe of society, mixed with sand and twigs".
Sure, but Stewart talking to HIS audience this way is significant at some level.
1 2 Next View All