The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

October 10, 2013 - 9:47 am

If you get my drift.

No longer allowed at the Weber Middle School in Port Washington, New York: footballs, baseballs, soccer balls, lacrosse balls and any other hardballs that could injure a child. Also off limits: rough games of tag and cartwheels unless an adult supervisor is on hand.

“We want to make sure our children have fun but are also protected,” Dr. Kathleen Maloney, superintendent of Port Washington Schools, said in a local television interview, noting how playground injuries can “unintentionally” become very serious.

So that’s one school banning balls.

Here’s another.

A New Jersey school district is ordering all students who play soccer – and other non-contact sports – to wear helmets on the field.

The Princeton School District’s new rule is causing many parents – and even some doctors – to question whether soccer is really dangerous enough to warrant mandatory headgear to protect children from concussion.

However, school administrators are moving forward with a plan to purchase $70 soft helmets for every athlete grades six through 12 who plays soccer, field hockey or girls’ lacrosse.

The everyone-gets-a-trophy crowd have taken everything over now and are pushing the feminization of society to extremes. In the name of safety, we’re seeing them snuff out the ability to breathe. How long before they just go ahead and mandate government-funded castration for all boys?

And despite, or maybe because of, their anti-bullying campaigns, ball-hating schools will bully you if you challenge anything that they do, even though as a taxpaying citizen, you are the school system’s boss. That’s one more way they’re seeking to eliminate the hated ball.

What’s the solution? I have no idea. We could fire everyone involved with all of these idiotic decisions and the others that have cropped up recently, but they’ll only be replaced with more who agree with them. The inmates who run the asylum will hire the next generation of even crazier inmates to run the asylum.

OK, I win. I am--officially and indisputably--the Most Depressed Person on Earth this week. I am a former National Park Ranger who is an alumnus of Weber Junior High in Port Washington, New York. I defy anyone to surpass the depths of my despair. The only thing left is to find out my mother was the Zodiac killer...
You know, I hadn't thought about it before, but you're right. The public school anti-bullying campaigns aren't eliminating bullying; they're institutionalizing it, by letting the school administrators do the bullying.
OK, OK, the helmets were a mistake! Mea Culpa!

Next September, we're thinking of making up for our previous mistakes by mandating straightjackets for all Pre-K through 12 students (http://www.amazon.com/Medium-Classic-Style-Straight-Jacket/dp/B0014DL4AM/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1381430093&sr=8-7&keywords=straight+jacket).

And don't listen to those crazy, extremist Republicans who just hate your kids.
Yet another reason Instapundit says sending kids to public school is "parental malpractice". Even the upper class is beginning to home-school.

The only solution is to shutdown the asylum, vouchers for the poor, home-school and private school, get all the kids out. The public school system is an experiment that has failed and is un-salvageable. Abandon it.
I'm curious as to how they decided to buy those particular $70 helmets. As with most things involving government and liberal stupidity, follow the money. I'm guessing there's a contract being paid to someone closely associated with someone on the board.
What's your sign? That should confirm the zodiac killer relationship :-)

One Trackback to “Schools Ban Balls. All. Kinds. Of. Balls.”