The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

July 10, 2013 - 12:45 pm

Just kidding. Some dope at the Burnt Orange Report blog by the name of Ben Sherman writes that if the Texas legislature passes the abortion bill that’s currently before it, then casual sex is doomed, he tells you, doomed in the Lone Star State. His piece is titled “Bro-Choice: How HB2 Hurts Texas Men Who Like Women.”

Bro-Choice…?

Your sex life is at stake. Can you think of anything that kills the vibe faster than a woman fearing a back-alley abortion? Making abortion essentially inaccessible in Texas will add an anxiety to sex that will drastically undercut its joys. And don’t be surprised if casual sex outside of relationships becomes far more difficult to come by.

Reality: The bill bans abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, and would bring abortion clinics up to the standards already in force on ambulatory surgical centers. Like dentists offices.

If that impacts your sex life, you have issues well outside any legislature’s ability to help you or your vibe, bro.

The lone commenter on the BOR piece sums things up nicely:

Shag on Demand

I can’t believe what I am reading.  I am stunned by the stupidity of this article. Are you actually arguing that it affects your ability to shag your girlfriend whenever you want to?

Burnt Orange Report isn’t some fringe Texas Dem blog. It’s the unofficial blog of all things Democrat in the state of Texas. It has connections to a former Democrat bigwig in the state House. Sherman’s piece represents mainstream Democrat Party thinking.

Which is pretty sad.

iIt must be their desperate attempt to compensate for the lack of manly democrat party men.
One of my last experiences as an active Democrat was in '82 or so at a cocktail party/fundraiser for a friend of mine who was running for state senate. I came upon a conversation dominated by two prominent Democrat women, one the widow of a congressman, the other a university professor running for the State HOR. Several others, mostly women but a couple of other men, were listening in or participating. The topic was a debate over who would be the best "trophy f*ck" President Reagan or Pope John Paul. Shortly before she filed, the one running for the House had come to visit me at my office and said, "Art, I'm running for the House so I've had my tubes tied." Democrat women have been trashy for a very long time.
"And don’t be surprised if casual sex outside of relationships becomes far more difficult to come by."

Imagine... fewer chances of false rape accusations. Less concern for VD. No more chewing your arm off rather than waking the Wookie you've found in your bed.

Could it be they are reading this backward? Could they actually really think they have to wait twenty weeks before they can get an abortion if this law passes? I cannot see where a woman would have to wait twenty weeks to make up her mind to have an abortion. I can see possibly not realizing they were pregnant in the first month but I think they would have figured it out long before they reached five months.
The lengths to which people will go to kill defenseless babies in the womb are criminal, terroristic and cowardly. Everyone who does so should face an advocate for the baby who will physically fight to stop the crime. 50 million babies killed in their mother’s wombs in America. There’s a payday someday!
By the way, thank you for using the CORRECT term, "Democrat Party", rather than the grammatically and factually incorrect, "Democratic Party" that the Democrats prefer.

It really annoys them when we use the correct term, for some reason.

"mainstream Democrat Party thinking."

There's an oxymoron or two in there somewhere....
Little Benjy appears to be a complete idiot. If all you read was his "article", you would conclude that Texas is preparing to outlaw abortion AND birth control completely.

Here's a great example of the compromise that the left keeps insisting on: No doubt, many of the pro-life group would like to outlaw abortion completely. The pro-abortion side would like no restrictions at all. Why are they whining about a law that allows abortion after 55% of the term?

Oh. Right. Liberals and logic don't mix.
Dude!

Ephesians 5:11, to the nth infinite maximum! ROTFLMAO.
Speaking of the unfruitful works of darkness, check your language. While you're at it, you might want back up a few verses to 4:29.
INCREDIBLE!

I didn't know it was against the law in Texas for singles to use birth control pills, condoms, or buy a "morning after" pill? It must be, if the only way to avoid an unwanted pregnancy in that state is to have an abortion after 20 weeks.

Marry one of those wookies and you might become President!