Ron Radosh

Know Edward Snowden by taking a look at who his friends are. As it becomes more and more obvious that Mr. Snowden is not a civil-libertarian whistle-blower, but someone committed to engaging in espionage, his list of supporters is beginning to dwindle.

Even his father recently acknowledged that his son broke U.S. law; he wants him to come home and trust his fate to the American system of justice. “And if folks want to classify him as a traitor, in fact he has betrayed his government,” he told NBC News. “But I don’t believe that he’s betrayed the people of the United States.”

Lonnie Snowden then added the following statement about those surrounding and encouraging Snowden, including the followers of Julian Assange and WikiLeaks: “I don’t want to put him in peril, but I am concerned about those who surround him. I think WikiLeaks, if you’ve looked at past history, you know, their focus isn’t necessarily the Constitution of the United States. It’s simply to release as much information as possible.”

So who exactly is left defending Edward Snowden, and trying to gather support for him by circulating a petition demanding that the government of Ecuador grant him political asylum? There is the group that calls itself “Just Foreign Policy,” which, in translation, means a desire for a weak and ineffective United States that will fold before its Islamist enemies, seek to appease them if not openly welcome them, and continually apologize for what its adherents believe is America’s bellicose imperialism.

In an online petition posted three days ago, the group accused our government of “severe abuses of the basic constitutional rights of U.S. citizens and the rights of people in other nations.” It declared that Snowden is a “brave whistle-blower who, at great personal risk, decided to step forward and inform the U.S. public about what is being done in their name and what is being done to them.”

The group says nothing about the countries Snowden has decided to seek aid from, all of them leftist dictatorships. Ecuador has a clearly mad president, Rafael Correa, who has already stuck his nose in the face of our country. He has announced that Ecuador has “unilaterally and irrevocably” given up its tariff-free trading pact with the United States. He would rather bankrupt his nation to show the Latin American left that he stands with the late Hugo Chavez of Venezuela and the Castro brothers.

Snowden broke the law? WTF???!!!!!
While we have the mopst lawless administration in history; we're worried about Snowden??? Time to get real ... this administration MUST be called out and dismantled. I'm not gonna support Snowden's proesecution until I know more about the truth of what exactly he's done other than alert us to a tyrannical regime going awol. Let's hear from Snowden first.
Snowden shouldn't even be the issue here, only a footnote. When a government becomes so overbearing that it sets to spying, and in mass and in great detail, on it's own people like they were all subjects, if not criminals, it is not doing so on their behalf. The Stasi wasn't in East German and the N-Stasi-A isn't in America. And this is on top of the TSA/Gropestapo molesting little girls and grandmas at our airports and largely giving middle easterners a pass. I don't think the federal government has stopped a single attack, and has caused quite a number (Fort Hood, Boston, Benghazi, Mexican invaders who kill so many and most every day), with their gross willful dereliction. I don't care how many times Herr Hussein Obama and other N-Stasi-A supporters and apologists and lackeys tell me that's Holy Water they are spraying on my leg to keep me safe, I know that it's something very different - and it smells to high Heaven. If there were justice in the world, Snowden would be living it up in the White House and Obama and his N-Stasi-A Ring Leaders would be in hiding, maybe somewhere in North Korea, in a dark cave. Radosh could go along with them and they could all regal each other with stories of what great patriots they all are.
"Even his father recently acknowledged that his son broke U.S. law..."

Ron, our out of control government has made lawbreakers of us all, by design. And if its not the multi-thousand page congressional law, it's a fiat regulation by one of the dozens of faceless bureaucracies headed by the likes of Janet Napolitano or the EPA or the IRS -- who make law up as they go along. And if not them, we have fiat Executive Orders.

You, Ron, are a breaker of US Law, believe me. And now we know the NSA, CIA, FBI, DoJ and IRS can prove your guilt should they want to destroy you, by going back in your records.

Yeah, Snowden's being used by the bad actors to embarrass the US, but where would you run if the full weight and terror of the US Government headed by a tyrant came down on you?

Easy for you to say Ellsberg "faced the music" but he had the entire media, all of the Democrats and the stink of Vietnam on his side.

We've GOT to throttle back the federal government or we'll be swallowed by it. It's now very close to becoming The Party: three co-equal branches, but more like a deadly Hydra headed monster killing all in its path.

Liberty is an anomaly in history. Tyranny and slavery are the norm.
Snowden has four laptops. No doubt, the Russians and Chinese have copied their hard drives by now.
Who knows what other information was passed to avowed American adversaries? Your children could have been jeopardized.
Are you such a True Believer as to think no U.S. secret worth protecting?
Attention Terrence 57: Tried to link no can do.

If you are still there: Information about shredding of recommendations came from Admiral Zumwalt himself in an interview (somewhere) in 1973 or possibly early 74.

Information about regiment of Marines came from Sir Robert Thompson (Malaya 1948-60) was in a book by him about that same time frame.

Actual VN history and blunders have been written up many times and places. Lewis Sorley puts primary blame on Westmoreland. Whiz Kids both in DoD, CORDS and places like Rand Corp were in Amen Corner for every wrong-headed move made. Ellsberg, Harold Brown and others whose names escape me at the moment. Only real man among them was the late Les Aspin who stepped foward, fessed up and promised not to do it again.

Other than this I am not going to research the details again. Too long ago and I have other fish to fry.

BTW When it comes to exposing classified chicanery: Been there, done that. Got away with it and showed no info to unfriendly hands. Also short-circuited an effort by civilians to have U S Army practice PSYOP on American citizens in Pacific Islands.

Neither Snowden or Manning are anywhere close to my league.
Oilpatch!
You are too kind. Grew up during Vietnam, but that's not saying much as it seemed unending.

We know what McNamara did but we also had to know that it didn't stop there.

A person can address history and miss monumentally important things. I've since found that a lot of 'history' terribly incomplete or simply wrong. When I hit my 30's I figured out that I would probably have to start all over again.

Luckily, whatever my level of ignorance, I've maintained a right mind from the beginning. Thank my parents for that.

I take your info and your comment in, I hope, the proper spirit. Thanks again. Terry
GD agnabit, if Radosh and other neocon idiots want to keep playing the strange bedfellows argument, then John 'jihad' McCain and Lindsey Graham should be sent to Gitmo for their support of the Syria Al-Qaeda. And a lot of the pro-Syria interventionists with them.
One has to be paranoid (like me) to wonder if the NSA has something
on Mr. Radosh that they can use to blackmail him, or perhaps a family
member; Did they pay him a visit and ask a few simple questions ?

Or did he simply look at the facts, decide the war is over and his side lost,
and attempt to come to an accommodation with the winners ?

If in reading this, one experiences even a fleeting moment of my paranoia,
due to what they know or suspect about the Obama administration, then Snowden is a patriot, a hero, and one of our last chances to take back
our government.
"One has to be paranoid (like me) to wonder if the NSA has something
on Mr. Radosh that they can use to blackmail him, or perhaps a family
member; Did they pay him a visit and ask a few simple questions ?

I find myself asking that question about all kinds of people constantly. The feds have done an excellent job of it. Whom do you trust? Whom can you trust?

Am I wrong or was Mr. Radosh somewhere on the Left before moving Right?
Can't imagine there'd be anything in his closet. Or mine, or yours.

My suspicion is that, between the threat of retribution, the warm arms of 'conservatives' who want Snowden's head and, as an insurance policy for a fiscally (and possibly physically) healthy future, Mr. Radosh has seen fit to lay up some treasure in heaven to establish political bona fides down the road, not unlike appeasers of islam who want to be first in line on the apologist patrol.
Snowden should be prosecuted for espionage. And he is representative of the foolishness of radical libertarianism....of the Ron Paul strain...which melds with Leftwing anti Americanism.
I happen to think the open border zealots and Napolitano are a greater risk to my national security than Snowden. I don't
sense evil intent from Snowden but I definitely do from this
administration. I have never felt this way about government
before Obama.
News Quiz
1. What do Celia Roady and Medea Benjamin and Edward Snowden have in common?
2. Are the transparent theatrics of the Obama minstrel show a} an indication of a sick, cynical administration or b} merely another middle finger extended to America?
3. Are these cheap, pathetic histrionics effective on low-information voters?

Answers
1. Snowden was planted by Axelrod just like the woman at that IRS meeting who asked about the tea party targeting and Obama's code pink heckler.

It was successful. The media are now flooded with this story, which most of Wonder Boy's enemies support him on, and NOT talking about IRS or Benghazi. LOOK! A squirrel!

So don't worry, folks. Snowden will never be caught or prosecuted.

2. a and b

3. They re-elected him, didn't they?

Now to the substance of NSA...
This is not about terrorism or spying. It is about extortion. Every shred of the information on Obama's enemies is getting funneled off to Axelrod, Gibbs and Messina.

Look at all the squirrelly decisions coming out of Roberts. Now think about who has the records of every phone call, email and internet search he -and his family- have ever made... and who has possession of all of their medical records.

Now why might all the politicians on both sides of the aisle be coalescing so rapidly?

The President is a ruthless, lawless thug.
The issue I am far more concerned with is that our 'most transparent administration in the history of the United States of America' is abusing the rights of it's citizens on a daily basis. The only transparency I am aware of is this administrations goal of total and complete control of everything. It is unfortunate that Edward Snowden felt it necessary to seek help from people/governments that would relish the demise of the United States but if you fear your own government, what other choices do do you have? I, for one, don't trust our government given their stellar job of protecting our diplomat and other American citizens in Benghazi and their incompetence resulting in the bombings in Boston. They were too busy spying on us to be bothered with warnings from Russia.

"The most transparent administration in history."
-- Richard Windsor
Mr. Radosh makes a good case that Snowden’s intent was to do harm to the US. Snowden’s actions are on the face of it a betrayal of the US. Whether or not that was/is his intent he is at least technically a traitor. Mr. Radosh has spent his adult life documenting and exposing socialist by whatever name they hide behind, and their massive propaganda machine. It is quite natural that Mr. Radosh would focus on that aspect of the Snowden affair.
However, I think anyone idolizing Snowden as a hero, or wasting their time vilifying Snowden, is possibly a fool, and certainly missing the point. What is important, regardless of Edward Snowden’s intent or effect on US security, is that Snowden exposed an internal threat to the people of the US every bit as dangerous as any external threat. In the name of security, we are allowing the US government to build a crucial part of a machine that will enslave us all.
At this point, if I were Mr. Radosh, I wouldn’t fret over leftist bombast and posturing. They are no doubt ecstatic as they point their fingers feigning horror and shock over a program that is actually a hallmark of socialist governance. They will, if they haven’t already, gleefully use this program against their fellow citizens to quash resistance to their march forward.
I'm not so concerned with what the NSA is doing so long as the federal courts are functioning and relatively honest. Even if they try to use the espionage laws to whisk you off into the night and fog as long as somebody cares enough about you to act on your behalf, you should be able to get a writ of habeas corpus.

What I worry about is that the Google weenies that built OFA's vaunted database have access to NSA's database and what first the Obama Campaign and now OFA are mining the NSA data. If that's true, and I think it is and all the stuff about volunteers is just a legend, there'll never be another free and fair election in what used to be America.
1 2 3 4 5 Next View All