Roger L. Simon

The Democratic Party’s War on Black People and How to Counter It

March 25th, 2014 - 9:46 pm

stop_racism_large_3-25-14-1

As one of the relatively few people (percentage wise) to have spent more than a decade on both sides of our political divide, and also to have participated personally in the civil rights movement in the South in the sixties, I am going to say something that will be extremely controversial to liberals, indeed make them hate me.  Given all those years I spent on the two sides, I have observed liberals to be vastly more racist than conservatives and libertarians.

It isn’t even close. During the time I was on the left, I heard  many racially disparaging comments by my associates either offered in confidence or as off-hand remarks.  During my time on the right,  I heard such a comment only one time — and that was by a Frenchman. (Frankly, it didn’t surprise me.  I have spent a certain amount of time in France and heard more racism around the dinner table than I ever have in this country.)  I will add that, though I don’t classify myself as a Tea Party member, in the seven years I was CEO of PJ Media, I met or spoke on the phone with dozens of  Tea Partiers.  Not a single one of them ever said or did anything that approached racism to me.  And I was certainly paying attention. That was my job.

The roots of this divide are not just the obvious Freudian projection — those who accuse you of something evil are usually the ones perpetrating it.  That’s true enough.  But it’s far more than that.  The Democratic Party has been waging a War on Black People since the Great Society of 1964-65 (actually for far longer than that) that has reached horrifying proportions in our time.  That nearly 73 percent of African Americans are currently born out of wedlock, 67 percent living in single parent homes, is nothing short of disastrous with yet more disastrous auguries for the future.

And all this during the administration of our first black president.  The level of hypocrisy is astronomical.

To be fair, at first this war was unconscious.  I know.  I was very much a supporter then.  In fact, I remained so for much longer than I should have.  But after a while, as the Great Society programs, ratified under both political parties,  failed to accomplish what was intended with the social conditions of African Americans actually growing worse, I finally arose from my lethargy to wonder why this was happening.

I don't want to counter it anymore. If white Americans try to help them, we're racists. If white Americans don't try to help them, we're racists. They're filled with rage and hate. They don't want equal opportunity or justice, they want revenge. Never mind that no whites alive in this country today had anything to do with slavery. Never mind that no black Americans alive in this country today have ever been a slave. Never mind that they have as much opportunity to succeed now as any white in this country, if they would only make the effort. And especially never mind that black Africans enslaved each other, sold each other to Arab slave traders, who sold them to Europeans, and that millions of African blacks are enslaved on that continent and in the Middle East right now, but not by whites. We're white and that's all they care about. I think for many black Americans, their ideal America would be a country of downtrodden, virtually (or literally) enslaved whites, with blacks in control of everything. Of course, that would be a disaster, as we have seen in numerous cities in this country run by black Americans. Oops, was that racist? Of course it was, never mind that it's the truth. And before I'm labeled a racist by any posters, I know that we have plenty of black Americans who are intelligent, talented, ethical and generally outstanding human beings. They're lumped in with white Americans as the enemy, when they're everything that many black Americans could be, if they would simply let go of their hate and rage. But I don't think that's going to happen, so, as I said, I don't want to counter it any more. I'm tired of it. I'm done.
Everybody has asked the question. . ."What shall we do with the Negro?" I have had but one answer from the beginning. Do nothing with us! Your doing with us has already played the mischief with us. Do nothing with us! If the apples will not remain on the tree of their own strength, if they are wormeaten at the core, if they are early ripe and disposed to fall, let them fall! I am not for tying or fastening them on the tree in any way, except by nature's plan, and if they will not stay there, let them fall. And if the Negro cannot stand on his own legs, let him fall also. All I ask is, give him a chance to stand on his own legs! Let him alone!

--Frederick Douglass

"So how do we counter this?"

Maybe we (whites) don't. Not with black people anyway. I think, if it is to be done, they will have to do it themselves. Maybe, in large numbers, they can't do it. I don't know, but it doesn't look especially promising anymore, and you gave a partial list of why yourself. You said how not to do it yourself when you rightly said that "a signal to African Americans that they were inferior, that somehow they couldn’t make it without help (from whites)" was a bad thing. Maybe "tough love" (just being honest) would work, but I doubt it.
We need a Civil Revolution. There is no longer a Democrat Party.
It is the PLANTATION PARTY(white elitist-racists; resentful,LIV black underclass...bent under the prodigious weight of the "collective" chip of dependency/Entitlement and totally bankrupt and broken family structure...a pathetic under class "value" system of dis-punk, gangsta-dress (condescended to)& cowardly violence; "pride"- in affected semi- literate- Ebonic/ghetto English;its "popular" leaders~ Jackson; Sharpton; Lee; Waters;Jarret and Judas Winfrey~ have utterly betrayed all of us in slavish, obsequious adulation of Bro-BHO... A huge, loud minority claque of metro-men/boys; viciously anti-feminine feminists & Margaret-Sanger anti-Mothers (Pelosi is this year's PLANNED PARENTHOOD, Margaret Sanger Poster Girl; a dedicated sub-culture of catamite,promoting (Boy Scout Dens) & "Down-Low" practicing bi-sexuals... Vicious comprise of anti-military(once Draft-Dodging) anti-Judaeo/Christian bigots; vast pockets of anti-Life, pro-drug anti-American epicene academics; lackey- minions and inveterate LIARS of PM MSM, and its intellectually mendacious, yet puerile" sister" press, and hypocrtical, utterly corrupt & obscenely decadent "Entertainment (TV-music-movie)complex. ...And the self-indulgent, self-apotheosizing comprise of North Eastern pseudo-intellectuals, their minion epigones, over-evolved "men without chests", & Lilith-like females without heart or souls...(& THE entire CALIFORNIA CRAZIES coalition.)

The Republican Party is now comprise of RINOs; anti-Military cowards; anti-Christian puers & puellas. At best it is reincarnation of the WHIGS, immediately prior to the first Civil War. The Country needs a new AMERICAN Party (Romney; Cruz; Palin; Rice; Mrs. Bush; soldiers like Cotton; Gen. Valley and thinkers like Victor Davis Hanson)...
The Country needs "a rebirth of Freedom" under the Constitution that framed it and God who has so generously blest, protected & sponsored(graced) its world-astounding prosperity, national generosity...and once so-honored and feared COURAGE in pursuit and preservation of JUSTICE.
Roger, please stop using the term, "Democratic Party". It's both factually and grammatically incorrect. It is of of many of the Democrat's disinformation tactics, attempting to portray themselves as the true champions of democracy.

Besides, it infuriates them when we use the correct term, "Democrat Party", and that alone is reason enough to use it.

Roger, my conversion to becoming a Republican came during the welfare reform conversation during Clinton's term. I started doing research and looking at the statistics and my reaction was: "My God! We (I was a Dem then) have re-enslaved these people!" No, we didn't make them work, but took away their liberty and their futures just the same. It made me sad and angry. The subtle racism of saying, "you are incompetent to live a good life without our help and protection" is disgusting. I don't know if the quote attributed to LBJ was something he really said ("We'll have the (N-word) voting Democrat for generations") was something he really said, but the result of Dem policies is like holding minority's heads under water, then bringing them up to get a breath and, prior to plunging their heads beneath the water again, telling them, "See... Without us you'd drown."
The destruction of families is not segregated by color. The same policies that destroyed the black families have also destroyed the poor white families. This is a common ploy of the race industry to paint the problem in racial terms. Often the destroyed poor white families suffer under the noise of the squeaky wheel of the race industry propaganda. And, there are FAR more poor whites than poor blacks - just a lower percentage of the total population. When I see blacks - in great numbers - with much publicity - begin to care about humanity regardless of color, I will begin to believe that the government sponsored racism is declining. Where are the leaders among the black community that want to help the poor regardless of color? All the black organizations are targeted at helping poor blacks and nobody else. You do NOT see white organizations forming up to help "Only poor whites". Organizations that are not racist form up to help ALL poor people. So much of the hatred toward "the hand that helps them" is not only found among blacks because of the race industry propaganda, but is also found among poor whites who are similarly conditioned to "hate" the provider. I think centralized policies and programs are largely to blame. Comunities that formerly helped people no longer exist as the central planners monopolize the industry of the perpetual poor .
It should be known by all by now that Lyndon Baines Johnson is on record as having said "I'll have the n....rs voting democrat for 200 years with this" referring to the Great Society.
Over time, aid programs foster dependency and, eventually, entitlement. What sane people see as a bug, progressives view as a feature. Their aim has been and remains the political perpetuation of a permanent underclass, and we see the next round of it in increased food stamp usage, and the rise of disability as the new form of permanent unemployment.

Yes, it is projection which is one of the foundational points of progressivism. The left can never honestly articulate its aims because even its adherents know that the ideas would be rejected. So, progs rely on emotion by calling their enemies vile names, by purposely mischaracterizing them, and by pretending to be the keepers of the "caring" flame.
Blacks rightly distrust any and all blandishments from whites, no matter how well intentioned. Telling them "you on you own now" (which is so very much of the white conservative Republican response to their predicament) is viewed with double dog secret suspicion. I do not think that even well-meaning conservatives with positive programs (Paul Ryan, Rand Paul?!?) can bridge this divide, no matter how much they try. Sorry, guys, some problems cannot be solved.
I'm calling BS - why do blacks "rightly mistrust" help from whites? Do they believe the Underground Railroad ran itself, that abolitionists were non-white, that no whites participated in the civil rights movement? And no, conservatism does NOT say "you're on your own." Could you possibly squeeze more intellectual dishonesty into so few words?

The divide gets bridges when people treat blacks as adults, when they stop making excuses for dangerous and criminal behavior, and when they stop holding them to lower standards. You don't think blacks have figured it out? Obama himself knows he can get away with anything because his entire army of sycophants is comprised of psychological pussies scared to death of criticizing the black man and being painted as racist. Because, as everyone knows, not a single president prior to this one was criticized by anyone for anything.
Obama gets away with anything all right but it's not entirely due to his "entire army of sycophants...." as you so rightly put it; the principles of Affirmative Action has its firm grip on the mantle of the entire institution. There is not a single person up there who is going to dare suggest, let alone take steps to do what should be done: Impeachment, trial & conviction of high crimes & misdemeanors committed by this POTUS for YEARS now.
This is a brave and insightful commentary. I admire you for having the courage to post it.

I enjoyed Zombie’s post, but I don’t think either of you have it quite right. The true relationship between Progressives and Blacks is one of adult to child. Just as adults look after the interests of all children, at least traditionally, many, and not just Progressives, believe that a similar duty extends to Blacks and beyond. It extends to all who are considered incapable of parrying with the White “pariarchy.” These are “the less fortunate.” Blacks are very much included among the less fortunate, but they are not alone. Also included are other non-whites, women, gays, and even poor and working class Whites. This is the “It Takes a Village” mentality writ large.

I don’t want to mince words – Roger, wasn’t the motivation you and other Freedom Riders felt when you descended upon the South, the desire to protect Blacks, who, like children, were incapable of protecting themselves? It is this protection of those who cannot protect themselves which confers a sense of nobility on the protectors. You felt noble, didn’t you? You were not the first, after all, to take up the White Man’s Burden. (By the way, I’m not saying that your motivation wasn’t noble or the results commendable. I’ve never put my life on the line to fight for something I believe in).

Most coastal liberals don’t talk this way, but I’ve met Southern liberals who are perfectly willing to plainly state this view of the child-like nature of Blacks and the moral obligation Whites have to look out for their best interest. Some of these good ol’ boys and girls can be quite self-righteous about it.

Virtually the entire Progressive agenda can be explained in terms of the adult-child relationship. Of course, none of this explains why the less fortunate are willing to be relegated to second class citizenship.

One final note: the solution to the problem of Progressive racism is not just to call out the racism, but for all of us to treat the less fortunate as adults. The unwillingness of presidential candidates Romney and McCain to play hardball with Obama was every bit as racist as anything done by Progressives.
Whenever some pasty-faced lib calls me a racist, I merely reply "I know you are, but what am I?" It's a simplistic, yes childish response that gets under their thin skin like nothing else. The worst racists I've had the DISpleasure of knowing are libs. Instead of dealing with their own racist attitudes they need to project their BS on others. Guilt? A lack of character? An insatiable desire to act morally superior? I've witnessed this mindset back in college. White student activists and other useful idiots, mainly from privileged backgrounds putting on their schtick acting as if they're in solidarity with their "brothers and sisters" in the ghettos, as well as oppressed peoples anywhere. Pretending to be "down for the struggle". I wish I had these phonies under surveillance on a typical Saturday night of partying. When the breskis flowed and the doobies passed around, that's when these hypocrites let their, no pun intended TRUE COLORS show. In vino veritas, indeed!
!