Unexamined Premises

Sex! Guns! Girls!

April 11th, 2013 - 9:30 am

And they kick ass, too: the feel-good video of the year and certain to get the lefties’ panties in a puddle. Be sure to watch it in full-screen mode:

A video thank-you from the troops in Afghanistan to the Miami Dolphins cheerleaders, the Betty Grables of our time.

O Brave New World that has such people in’t.

As a military vet, I know that to party is good, since it might be your last.
You gotta be there to know.
Thank you for showing that videol. I am happy that the young men in that &*()hole have found a way to improve morale.
Great morale booster. Now the girls need to travel to the WZ.
Wow, perry1949, until your post got me to pay more attention, I hadn't noticed they have some bikini girls in there! Really gotta work on correcting our tunnel vision.
After watching this for the third time I noticed something troubling in the background. Did anyone else notice there are guys dancing in that video too? :)

In my time, Vietnam, we got Bob Hope and other USO shows. Videos like this go a long way to making your time in country almost worth it. Just to know somebody back here thinks what you are doing is needed and you are doing a great job. You are not forgotten. Well done!
Outstanding!!!!!!!! I love the whole idea and I'm pretty sure it has raised moral on several levels. To the guys/girls in Afghanistan: Thank you for your service. Be safe, hope you get to come home soon. We have not forgotten you.
I doubt it "raised moral" but it probably raised some other things and caused me to break that Commandment that Jimmy Carter made famous - again. It probably was good for morale, and I don't get the complaining; guys who're risking their life for me, even in what I think has become a very ill-advised mission, can do what they damned well please in their off time. And as to the stuff about metrosexuals and gays, there's a lot more likelihood that one or more of the cheerleaders has had some vagitarian experience (lots of young women dig it) than any of those guys are gay; they're just confident enough that they can tease the girls by imitating girls.
Whoops, sorry about the dropped 'e', a great video none the less. :-)
Whoops! Sorry about the dropped 'e', but a great video none the less. :-)
That's a funny video. Best of luck to the American troops!
Did I miss a step? Why all the griping?
Healthy young people making a funny thing to do. I'm impressed they managed to find something hilarious to do in so blighted a place. \
They created something, they flirted, they used technology. That's all good.

I'm wondering- did anyone pass phone- numbers? Those would be some of the cutest babies born, these days. With happy, healthy, bright parents. What's not to love?

wow. the comments here are so negitive about the troops it really is so sad to see the hate for our young guys just having fun on their off-time. Dropping a round down the tube then doing a little shimmy-shake after it fires does not strike me as a safety concern, but whatever.

At the very LEAST you liberals should be happy they are not out killing babies and raping goats like their adversaries do on a daily basis but instead make a parady-video that shows they are still human.
Theres good reason why only about 1% of our population has the fabric to serve our nation in uniform. And theres good reason why the military is steeped in rich historic tradition and not fleeting populist tradition. The reason can be found in many of the comments perpetuating the populist points of view. If these troops were in a real more conventional war, there woldn't be any time for such nonsense! There would be any swimming pools, fancy living quarters, contracted mess halls or the energy to be stupid. That said, theres good cause why staff and flag officers are not amused and handing out individual and unit reprimands for these kinds of videos being produced and aired publically. Again only about 1% of Americans elegible, have the right kind of fabric to serve and that sure dosen't meat that some of the non desirables don't get in -- they do and they eventually get weeded out or -- out themselves!
As a vet who spent 21+ years in uniform, and my own time in the sandbox, I think that video is great! My only concern was the two guys firing a mortar and some safety practices.
My initial response to the video is not so much about the content. Meh, it's a cute idea, with a forgettable pop track. I'm much more concerned about what may be in the background -- and unintentional.

If there's one thing Abu Grahib should have taught our soldiers, it's be very, very careful what you capture on video. This boppy little nothing of a video, posted for the entire planet on YouTube, might just be carefully examined frame-by-frame and pixel-by-pixel by our enemies for intel. There's a lot of "stuff" in the background. Remember those "Loose Lips" posters from WWII? Maybe we need something about "Casual Cameraphones" for the 21st century.
1 2 Next View All