Remembering America’s Heroes as the Sun Rises Over the World War II Memorial
Please email in your favorite sunrise and sunset photos: PJLifestyleSunshine [@] gmail.com.
May 14, 2014 - 6:00 am
Since December of 2013 PJ Lifestyle has been collecting sunrise and sunset photos from contributors, readers, and Instagram. Now we’re going to begin an effort to organize the ongoing collection. New goals:
1. Collect a sunrise from every state in the union.
2. Collect a sunset from as many countries around the world as possible.
3. After getting all 50 states’ sunrises then switch to collecting their sunsets and begin the global sunrises collection.
Updated April 2014: 4. The extraordinary submissions of Mark Baird have inspired a new collection of photographs devoted specifically to our nation’s capital. We’re going to try and organize fantastic sunrise and sunset photos from all the different monuments and scenic views.
The Washington D.C. Collection So Far:
- A Capitol Dome Sunrise
- Sunrise Reflected In the Tidal Basin
- Paddling to Sunrise On the Potomac
- The Sun Rises Over The Spot Where Martin Luther King, Jr. Made History
- A Precisely-Timed Sunrise Shot From Inside the Thomas Jefferson Memorial
- A Pink Sunrise Reflected in the Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Sunrise at the Marine Corps Memorial
- Marine Corps Memorial: A Sunrise to Remember Our Nation’s Heroes
- A Superb Sunrise at the Navy-Merchant Marine Memorial
- The World War II Memorial At Sunrise
- 4 Washington D.C. Sunrises Through the Cherry Blossoms
- The Secret of the Lincoln Memorial’s Equinox Sunrises…
- 2 Beautiful Sunrises From the Washington Monument’s Reflecting Pool
- An Awe-Inspiring Blue and Pink Sunset at the Thomas Jefferson Memorial
- A Soothing Orange And Blue Sunset at the Lincoln Memorial
- A Phenomenal Photo of the Air Force Memorial at Sunset
- The Sun Sets at the Titanic Memorial
- Rochambeau Stares Into the Sunset