This is Week 7 of Season 3 in my new 13 Weeks of Wild Man Writing and Radical Reading Series. Every week day I try to blog about compelling writers, their ideas, and the news cycle’s most interesting headlines.
Midway through this third 13 Weeks writing season now, I’ll restate the objective of this series. I’m trying to organize a collection of the best writers and thinkers today and their most useful ideas. Inspired by James C. Bennett and Michael J. Lotus’s book America 3.0: Rebooting American Prosperity in the 21st Century-Why America’s Greatest Days Are Yet to Come, I’m now describing this new ideological approach as Conservatism 3.0.
Now I move on to a much-procrastinated part of this project: the determination of the Top 10 Conservative Columnists (a list apart from the PJ columnists I edit who I’ve been writing about first since August). Exhibit A for Ann Coulter as the most skilled polemicist of her generation is her new book, collecting her best columns of the last decade, Never Trust a Liberal Over 3-Especially a Republican. (See Susan L.M. Goldberg’s writings on it here, here, and here. I’ll have more blogging on my favorite parts soon.)
Inspired by this compilation, I’ve decided to get caught up on the rest of Coulter’s books:
- 2013: Never Trust a Liberal Over 3-Especially a Republican
- 2012: Mugged: Racial Demagoguery from the Seventies to Obama
- 2011: Demonic: How the Liberal Mob Is Endangering America
- 2009: Guilty: Liberal “Victims” and Their Assault on America
- 2007: If Democrats Had Any Brains, They’d Be Republicans
- 2006: Godless: The Church of Liberalism
- 2004: How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must): The World According to Ann Coulter
- 2003: Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism
- 2002: Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right
- 1998: High Crimes and Misdemeanors: The Case Against Bill Clinton
At some point I’ll finish a top 10 list of ideas every Conservative 3.0 activist should steal from Coulter. But for now, I’ll lead with the #1 reason why her columns and books hit harder than any other columnist today:
Ann Coulter is not a conservative columnist who happens to be a Christian and a lawyer. She is a Christian trained and practiced as a lawyer who uses a conservative column to expose evil by name. Conservatism is a means to an end: the defeat of all criminal cultures — from street thugs to Islamists to Democrat Marxist liars — who live in rebellion against Western civilization.