Miley and SNL: They Can’t Stop Embarrassing Themselves

We are living inside an issue of The Onion and they can't do better than that?

Megan Fox

October 8, 2013 - 9:00 am

miley

On Saturday night, Miley Virus Cyrus hosted Saturday Night Live, and, like I’ve done for the past 20 years, I didn’t watch it. Unfortunately, I couldn’t avoid their parody online of what the House Republicans might be doing during the government shutdown. As usual, it was an unfunny Miley dressed like herself (a slut) in a brown wig pretending to be Michele Bachmann while touching herself and writhing around on screen like the strumpet she is to a parody of her song “We Won’t Stop.” It also included some guy I don’t recognize pretending to be a very gay John Boehner dancing around in underwear and licking other men’s nipples.

We are currently living inside an issue of The Onion and all SNL can come up with is this? That wasn’t anywhere near as funny as it should have been. Obama spent money during a “crisis” when government employees are on furlough to erect a fence around the WWII memorial!

ww2-memorial

Meanwhile, this is going on in the border states where no one can be bothered to erect even a mediocre fence.

mexico

Now that is funny. To make it even more hilarious, the WWII vets decided to hell with the gates and moved them, and then security came back and wired the fences together! (Somebody please tell the federal government that these guys stormed Normandy. Wire clippers aren’t really a challenge.)

May we have a moratorium on Miley Cyrus, please? I would be very happy to never see her tweaking face again.
It really does feel as if we are in the Weimer republic part, right before hyper inflation hits and TPTB just want the public distracted. Nah, that's just crazy talk, right?
tell me when SNL will do the same type of skit directed at Muslims, That might get them a larger audience and possible death threats, and actual harm done.

So they can get off attacking those that won't fight back and show how low they have sunk
I have been saying for years now that SNL isn't funny anymore because they refuse to make fun of the White House. The current WH could provide years of classic skits, but SNL just won't step on their Great Leader. Every week we could be graced with classics from Biden, Reed, Pelosi, and Obama, but instead SNL is committing suicide by ignoring the wackiest White House EVER.
I'm tired of people blaming Congress as usual, when the blame is all to be put on O-tantrum
Megan, whatever possessed you to believe Liberals were amusing? Their humor is 14 year old juvenile stuff. Think Adam Sandler or Jim Carrey.
Adam Sandler is more conservative than you think he is, actually. Although, to be fair, he does play to entertain liberals, so...point taken.

As far as Jim Carrey goes, your comment is offensive to 14-year olds. ;)
In 2014, the most popular movie was "ASS", sweeping the Oscars for every award possible...
I agree - the Miley did this and Miley did that crap is getting old. Call me when she manages to remove herself from the gene pool. AKA she wins a Darwin Award.

They did skewer the Obamacare rollout last week, so they had to do penance.
If that's the skit I'm thinking of, you'd better watch it again, RBJ. Notice, King Barry was not portrayed in a bad light, nor was Obamacare. The focus of the skit was the misuse of Obamacare by the American people. So, the point of the skit was that the problem is US.
That wasn't my takeaway. It's his signature issue, putting it in a bad light reflects on him.
Bill is right. They made the president sympathetic and positioned as if he were saying "I didn't explain myself correctly, and you're all doing it wrong." It wasn't about how bad it actually is, it was about stupid Americans. Which is exactly how this White House views us.