5 Books That Will Get You Banned From Britain

"The authority to rule should only be vested in those who follow the True Faith; unbelievers who do not follow this True Faith should live in a state of subordination." -- Sayyid Abul A‘la Mawdudi

Robert Spencer

July 8, 2013 - 12:00 pm

Planning a summer trip to London? So was I! But the British Home Office had other ideas, explaining in a kind letter to me that admitting me into the country would be “not conducive to the public good.”

So let’s say that the kids are nagging you to book that trip to see Big Ben and Buckingham Palace, but you just don’t have the money or the time, and are looking for that golden letter from British Home Secretary Theresa May, closing the door to perfidious Albion to you forever. It’s easy. All you have to do is do what I did: read a few books.

The Home Office’s letter to me explained that I was banned because I said that Islam “is a religion and is a belief system that mandates warfare against unbelievers for the purpose for establishing a societal model that is absolutely incompatible with Western society,” and that “because media and general government unwillingness to face the sources of Islamic terrorism these things remain largely unknown.”

These horrifying quotes were apparently taken from a documentary I appeared in about ten years ago, Islam: What the West Needs to Know. I said these things because I had read a few books; if you dare to read them as well, you, too, might end up banned from Britain yourself.

tafsir_9780860374169

1. Towards Understanding the Qur’an (The Islamic Foundation, 2008).

This is a one-volume translation of the Qur’an by Zafar Ishaq Ansari, plus commentary by Sayyid Abul A‘la Mawdudi (also spelled Maududi). Mawdudi was a twentieth-century Islamic scholar and political leader in Pakistan. His influence is mainstream and international; he wrote a multivolume commentary on the Qur’an and numerous other works that can be found readily in Islamic bookstores in the U.S. and all over the West.

In this book he writes: “The purpose for which the Muslims are required to fight is not, as one might to think, to compel the unbelievers into embracing Islam. Rather, its purpose is to put an end to the suzerainty of the unbelievers so that the latter are unable to rule over people. The authority to rule should only be vested in those who follow the True Faith; unbelievers who do not follow this True Faith should live in a state of subordination. Anybody who becomes convinced of the Truth of Islam may accept the faith of his/her own volition. The unbelievers are required to pay jizyah (poll tax) in return for the security provided to them as the dhimmis (‘Protected People’) of an Islamic state. Jizyah symbolizes the submission of the unbelievers to the suzerainty of Islam.”

You could almost get the idea that Mawdudi thought that Islam was a religion and a belief system that “mandates warfare against unbelievers for the purpose for establishing a societal model that is absolutely incompatible with Western society,” as it would relegate non-Muslims to a second-class state of submission to the Muslims, paying a special tax and accepting other discriminatory regulations. Mawdudi had no trouble getting into Britain, but then again, he was a Muslim, and as I explained last week, you can talk about jihad violence in Britain, as long as you’re for it. So if you’re not a Muslim, get this book, and watch your mailbox for your ban letter.

I tend to agree. Definitely a badge of honour.

But if you do wish to shoot back, even just to make a point, perhaps you might petition to have the Brit Home Secretary banned from the US. Or at least, from countries not ruled by Moslems or dhimmis.

"is a religion"?

I would say that, an important part of the basic premise to this article, fails.

For, "Pretty is as pretty does.", and: "If it looks like a duck, it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, . . . in all probability, it's a duck."

I concur with those who say that, everything about Islam is more pert to a criminal organization, created by bad men, and as a tool of bad men: It's teaching and conversion method is simple force; it's so-called doctrines can't be inquired into and challenged; and, the world round, it's subjects are left in poverty of mind and existence as though ravaged by a criminal ideology, . . .
Robert, you have now arrived, you and Michael Savage are both banned from Britain. It does not get better than that. Wear it as a badge of Honor....
One day we will all understand what Islam is and hopefully it will be before we lose our heads.
We now have the Muslim Brotherhood advising Obama on how to treat them. Hmmm, doesn't sound like good Foreign Policy to me....
We had better wake up before the coffee is ruined.
Islam is on the move worldwide and soon we will feel the pressure of Civilization Jihad as we move into the Britain model.
Would someone please ban from the universe kimsthos02, and the UN.
Apparently, I would be banned too, just on the basis of my blog, plus other relevant digging. Can anyone image that the Brit twits would be pleased with the scholarship evinced from the following policy paper, Islam and Blood? - http://adinakutnicki.com/2012/07/13/islam-blood-a-groundbreaking-policy-paper-contained-herein-the-world-stands-on-a-precipice-commentary-by-adina-kutnicki-109/

To be sure, Eurabia is here and western Europe is DOA. Not only that, but the late Oriana Fallaci called it, as did Bat Ye'or. As a result, Oriana was vilified and Ye'or hasn't fared much better.

In any case, whatever shakes out in their dhimmified continent is more than deserving. You reap what you sow. BTW, under Obama Inc., America is not far behind. And that is a world wide tragedy!

Robert understands the truth and is spreading it. It is this truth which scares the likes of Britain's poohbahs to no end. Too damn bad.
Adina Kutnicki, Israel http://adinakutnicki.com/about/
Frame the letter, and hang it on the wall.
The England of Mrs Miniver is finished.

Try for this:
"Mrs. Miniver - Trailer [1942] [15th Oscar Best Picture] - YouTube
► 2:37► 2:37
www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8NInYPgofI
Apr 24, 2009 - Uploaded by MoviesHistory
The Minivers, an English "middle-class" family experience life in the first months of World War II. While dodging ..."
I know why Mr. Spencer wants to go to England, but why would anyone else? It's done for. Let them reap what they sowed. It's a shame so many of the English people will suffer for what their dirtbag politicians have done to them, but here in the states maybe we can watch and learn as England slides into the abyss. And then let OUR dirtbags explain how it would be different here if we only kissed enough Muslim backsides.
A good idea...if we had any indication that America CAN "watch and learn" from others' mistakes. We've been repeating the mistakes of the past for over six years now; little hope of change so far.
We'll all hang separately if we dont all hang together.
Very well said. thanks.
Rather than fight it, wear it as a badge of honor. Declare it as proof of how bad things have become in Britain. Frankly, if I were banned from Britain I don't think that fighting would be worth my time and energy.

True Story: Many years ago I was on a temporary assignment in Britain. I'd been furnished a house in London and traveled into and out of the country on a weekly basis. After about three months an Immigration officer at Heathrow decided that she could not allow me in the country. I firmly replied that her opinion directly contradicted the twelve other immigration officers who had previously stamped my passport but if she truly believed that I could not enter then she should send me and my wife home immediately. She gave me a furtive glance, stamped my passport, and let me through.
I tend to agree. Definitely a badge of honour.

I guess you haven't lived until you've been kicked out of country. You must be one bad MF. You should write a book about it. Michael Jackson made a ton on his "Bad" album. People love that kind of stuff.