Ed Driscoll

Interview: Aaron Clarey Talks Bachelor Pad Economics

February 23rd, 2014 - 6:46 pm

clarey_bachelor_pad_economics_cover_2-21-14-1

Bachelor Pad Economics,” Aaron Clarey tells me about his new book in our latest podcast interview, is focused upon “maximizing your amount of time on this planet to spend on you and leisure and not be slaving away eighty hours at the office and just so you can afford that big mansion in the suburbs or the BMW SUV.” Clarey stresses the importance of minimalism in his financial planning. “Material wealth really doesn’t matter,” he tells me. “I’m the biggest capitalist there ever was.  But truthfully, the only thing that really matters, the true source of happiness is other humans.  And the great thing about humans is they’re free.”

Is it possible to enjoy America’s decline from your swank bachelor’s pad, knowing that you’re financially prepared to ride out the worst of the remaining years of the Obama era? Yes we can, shouts Clarey, the self described “Captain Capitalist” and “the only motorcycling, fossil-hunting, tornado-chasing, book-writing, ballroom-dancing, economist in the world,” in Bachelor Pad Economics. Clarey’s new book brings financial planning to the themes of his previous title, last year’s Blogosphere hit, Enjoy the Decline.

During our nearly 19-minute long interview, Aaron will explore:

● The only source of happiness in a period of national decline.

● What is the chief underlying cause of American decline?

● The importance of minimalism as a financial strategy.

● How did Aaron make the jump from financial analyst to new-media maven?

● How to survive the higher-education bubble.

● What role does real estate play in Bachelor Pad Economics?

● What is the infamous “Smith & Wesson Retirement Plan”?

And much more. Click here to listen:

(18 minutes and 51 seconds long; 16.5 MB file size. Want to download instead of streaming? Right click here to download this interview to your hard drive. Or right click here to download the 3.10 MB lo-fi edition.)

If the above Flash audio player is not be compatible with your browser, click on the video player below, or click here to be taken directly to YouTube, for an audio-only YouTube clip. Between one of those versions, you should find a format that plays on your system.

Transcript of our interview begins on the following page; for our many previous podcasts, start here and keep scrolling.

my neighbor's mother-in-law makes $70 /hr on the internet . She has been fired for 8 months but last month her check was $18421 just working on the internet for a few hours. visit this page..... http://goo.gl/tX3mpD
my neighbor's step-mother makes $84 hourly on the computer . She has been fired from work for six months but last month her pay check was $19374 just working on the computer for a few hours. try this website..........W­W­­­W­.J­­O­B­­S­8­­4.C­­­O­M
I buy almost everything except food and clothing from online auctions most people aren’t aware of the almost unbelievable deals that they can get from online auction sites the site that has the best deals is http://bit.ly/1hiWedi

I checked with the BBB and was told that it is all legit. How they can sell gift cards, laptops, cameras, and all kinds of goodies that we all want for 50-90% off, I don’t know
I do know that I bought my son an ipad there for less than $100 and my husband a $250 Low gift cards for $48Why would I even think about shopping anyþlace else?
my Aunty Alexa recently got an awesome year old Volkswagen GTI by working from a home computer... Learn More Here

============>>>> xurl.es/q9uky
my friend's step-mother makes $89 /hr on the internet . She has been laid off for eight months but last month her paycheck was $12179 just working on the internet for a few hours. see it here............ http://www.works12.com
This is certainly the nicest-work I have ever done.. Earn 10 to 80$/hr working from home with Google! On Saturday I got a gorgeous Ariel Atom after earning $6292 this – four weeks past. I began this six months/ago and right away began to make at least $80.. per-hour. I work through this link ....................

How about we just start fighting the decline?
In a democracy, there's no use fighting moochers that number 50%+1 of the population, unless you're talking wholesale genocide or exile of them, to bring that down below a majority.
Reality trumps democracy every time.

All you can do is stand up for reality by doing things like proclaiming that sleeping around, cheating on your spouse, abandoning your kids, being lazy, being a coward etc. result in certain bad things and then do your best not to do those things yourself.