Ed Driscoll

Two Time Magazines In One!

November 25th, 2013 - 3:32 pm

What a difference a couple of months make:

As has been explained here, here, here, here, here and here, the new health care law contains no death panels. The Independent Payment Advisory Board, a government panel that may determine some Medicare payments rates, is expressly banned from rationing care. End-of-life counseling, a provision in an early version of a health reform bill that would pay doctors to talk to Medicare patients about living wills, was stripped from the final version.

“Sarah Palin Won’t Let ‘Death Panels’ Die,” Time magazine, September 10, 2013.

Flash-forward to today — and flash-forward to the eight minute mark of this video, taken from today’s edition of The Steve Malzberg Show on Newsmax TV, or simply click on the version below, which is queued up to the point at which Mark Halperin of Time magazine admits…

The Affordable Care Act contains provisions for “death panels,” which decide which critically-ill patients receive care and which won’t, according to Mark Halperin, senior political analyst for Time magazine.

“It’s built into the plan. It’s not like a guess or like a judgment. That’s going to be part of how costs are controlled,” Halperin told [Malzberg].

If only Mitt Romney’s nomination in 2012 hadn’t created a ripple in the space-time continuum that retroactively prevented Halperin and the rest of Time-Warner-CNN-HBO from telling the truth about Obamacare in 2009 and 2010, as he preposterously claimed last week in his interview on Fox News with Laura Ingraham, instead having CNN high school kids on back then, to sing its praises and baking cakes and fist-bumping in honor of Fearless Leader.

Perhaps to begin to make amends for lying to the public all these years, Time magazine could begin by doing a cover story titled “Broken Promise:”
time_magazine_cover_parody_11-21-13-1

Update: Comment made; question asked:

(This post appeared in a slightly different format earlier; we moved the video further down in the post to underneath its description, and created a version of the clip that spotlights Halperin’s death panels admission.)

"So, I didn't tell you the truth before, and I lied about why I didn't tell you the truth before....and I'm admitting that I lied about not telling you the truth before...therefore,....you should believe me"
Regardless of any and all media attempts to the contrary, these particular LIES are being felt by more and more Americans every day as their policies are cancelled; their "new and improved" policies take away their doctors, limit their choices, and empty their bank accounts....so keep lying to the people. Fairly soon they will stop listening to you just like they've tuned out Dear Leader. Once you've lost your credibility you will go down just like your phony messiah....that day cannot come soon enough, for me.

Remember BENGHAZI!
Great Job Opportunity --- my best friend's aunt makes $61 hourly on the laptop. She has been unemployed for 6 months but last month her pay was $18402 just working on the laptop for a few hours. go right here --->>www.fly31.com
til I looked at the receipt which had said $8851, I accept that...my... friend was like they say realy earning money in there spare time from their laptop.. there uncle has been doing this 4 only a year and recently repaid the morgage on there mini mansion and got themselves a Ford. why not try here WWW.jobs59.com
..."Can you have some spare time to sit back in your chair having your laptop with you and making some money online for some interesting online work “said Jenny Francis in the party last night ....see more what is for you there to increase your pocket money============ W­W­W­.Wow40.­ℂ­ℴ­m
My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do,,,,,,,WWW.Rush64.COM
last friday i got a $8755 because i am jobless i want to continoue our study therefore,i worked hard last two week and earned $19500 i offer me friends and neighbours to do this work you want to know that how many dollars earned in last two week plz read this website to take more information,,,,,,,, WWW.Wow40.Com
my best friend's aunt makes $62 an hour on the internet. She has been out of a job for seven months but last month her pay check was $13976 just working on the internet for a few hours. why not check here>>> www.Ring77.com
my classmate's sister makes $78 an hour on the laptop. She has been without work for 9 months but last month her check was $16142 just working on the laptop for a few hours. This Site>>>>>>>>> http://www.fb49.com
You may be an Obama supporter, but are you really willing to support others who will be given your tax money to provide them with health insurance? Your rates go up to support them and your annual deductible amount goes up, too. Obama is trying to delay this for ONE year, but from then on you will pay those extra rates and deductible costs. Since the Democrats can’t be depended on to join the effort, it’s up to us to vote for Republicans to get enough people in office who want to repeal the law. This is at all government levels. Vote your pocketbook. Remember, it’s YOUR money. This situation is hardly different from being assigned to support an illegal alien, which will happen when Amnesty is the law. See http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/stories/2012/october/11/health-care-immigrants.aspx
But repeal isn’t enough. The Republicans have to present their alternative BEFORE the 2014 mid-term election.
just before I saw the draft which had said $8237, I accept ...that...my sister was really receiving money in there spare time at their laptop.. there friends cousin haz done this for less than eleven months and just took care of the loans on there appartment and bourt a great Ford Focus. hop over to this web-site
====>>> W­W­W.D­a­y­3­5.C­O­M
They aren't "death panels"! Please!
They are "life-stage transition navigators".
1 2 3 Next View All