Dr. Helen

I read with interest an article by Paul Joseph Watson at Infowars.com entitled “The War on Men: 10 Ways Masculinity is under Attack” (Hat tip: Terry Brennan):

Men are facing a full frontal assault on their rights, health and culture like never before. The war on masculinity has never been so brutal – but it’s not a war being waged by women. The attack is coming directly from the top, as the establishment desperately attempts to emasculate and disempower men in order to force women to be more dependent on the state, thereby enabling more power to be centralized and aiding the growth of big government.

Reason number #7 caught my eye:

7) The “Privilege” Trap

Statists, collectivists and their mouthpieces in the media and the establishment claim that western men (in particular white men) cannot express a valid opinion on any issue related in any way to a “minority” (such as feminism or immigration) because they have “privilege”. The “privilege” talking point is a stunt through which liberals and feminists attempt to shut down free speech. In essence they are asserting the ludicrous notion that a man’s viewpoint has no value because of the color of his skin, his gender or his country of origin. This is an inherently racist position, yet it is routinely used by leftists to shout down their ideological adversaries and silence male voices.

Initially the author says it is “not a war waged by women” and the article description states “And why the elite – not women – are to blame” but he contradicts himself here. Yes, in some sense, it is a war waged with the help of women since you have feminists (who I assume are mostly women) attempting to shut down the free speech of men and voting in the men and women who will further the war. It may be the government who reaps many of the rewards of the war on men, but women who vote for bigger government and to harm men and “silence male voices” are also guilty. Yes, they are partly to blame and yes, they are also waging the war to their own benefit.

Of course women are complicit, but most women also refuse to take responsibility for anything they do wrong and most men bend over backwards to accommodate.
One more thing... I almost like all of these manginas out there. Sure, they drive me nuts, but then again, you wouldn't believe all of the single women out there who are starved for affection from the few remaining Marlboro Men. These poor love-starved girls will do almost anything to attract a real man.
True Story: When I was in college 25 years ago I lived off-campus with 7 other guys. One of the guys sent away for a Russian bride catalog. The catalog was filled with hundreds of Russian babes in evening gowns and swimsuits and slinky bedroom attire. Remember, at that time things were really bad in Russia and all of these gorgeous Russian women were desperate to come to America just so they could have enough food to eat. We had loads of fun paging through that catalog and picking out our favorite girls just like we used to pick out toys in the Sears Christmas catalog when we were kids. For $5,000, you could even take a sight seeing trip to Russia where they would take you to the major cities, rent out a ballroom, and then bring in the girls so you could meet them. For another $5,000 you could marry one of the Russian girls and bring her back to the United States. Of course, we were all poor college students who didn't have the money to go to Russia or bring back a Russian bride. We were young guys and nobody really wanted to get married yet. That catalog was all just fun and games. Then one night we had a party and some obnoxious American girls came over and saw the catalog sitting on our kitchen counter. They went ballistic! They were screaming how we were male chauvinist pigs and how they were going to get their Women's Studies Professor to straighten us out. I was flabbergasted that they were so upset, until I realized they were in competition with these Russian girls for men, and they knew they couldn't compete. I can never resist the opportunity to tweak a liberal or a feminist, so I started telling them I was going to Russia the next month and I was going to bring Olga back and she would do anything I wanted because I was an American who could make her an American citizen too and she had never heard of Women's Lib. The girls went even more nuts! They were swearing at me and they told me to go ahead and spend all my money bringing Olga over because they would just feminize her. I laughed and said, "That's OK. Once I'm tired of Olga I'll just send her back and trade her in for a newer younger Russian chick." That did it! I thought they were going to string me up! Feminists are so easy to tweak.
(show less)
There are female equivalents, e.g.: rentagent.me
I took a look at rentagent. If you were to reverse the roles in the pictures, feminists would explode.
I'm a male in my mid-40's and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE feminism! Before feminism, a guy actually had to marry a girl and want to have kids with her before she would have sex with him. Now, we guys can have sex at "hello". And the feminists think this is a good deal for them? When I was growing up I believed in romance and marriage, but if all an American girl wants to do is sleep around, I am only too happy to oblige. I always tell my young male friends who are bummed out about American girls and the way they act to go after foreign girls. I tell my buddies their greatest asset is their American citizenship and their ability to make a gorgeous deserving foreign girl an American. Foreign girls have never heard of women's lib, and they will do almost anything to leave their war-torn homeland and come to America. See, the one thing feminists didn't take into account is that we guys have a choice too, and there are literally billions of gorgeous foreign girls out there who will treat American guys like kings. American girls don't have a monopoly on female reproductive organs, so there is really no reason for smart American guys to put up with feminist nonsense.
A good friend of mine married a sweet foreign girl about 8 years ago and she has now destroyed his career, his finances and he hasn't seen his kids in over 2 years despite a court order. Crazy, evil chicks are crazy and evil no matter where they're born.
Well, not every country outside of the US is a "war-torn homeland". There are actually some places that are nicer to live in than the US.

In any case, the difference between American women and women from, say, the former East Block is NOT that there are fewer golddiggers in the former East Block. There are plenty there and in the US.

The difference is that East Block women know that they are taking a man for a ride. They know they are getting a good deal when they exploit a man's innate chivalry and social training to get him to work while they sit home and watch Dr. Phil. If she's nice, she may even make the man's life a bit easier for him.

American women don't even know they are getting a good deal. They are entitled princesses for the most part who just expect without even thinking about it that the man is going to do the real heavy lifting. She may dabble in hobbies or do easy work. Or not. If she has a career, there is always "Escape Plan B" (just quit and make stupid pay for your life) whenever she hits a bump in the road. Before she does, though, his money is "ours" and her money is "hers". Whatever she feels like at the moment, and she is also ANGRY at the man just because she likes feeling like a perpetual victim.
The "privilege" pattern is even worse than a dodge to silence a certain category of people.

Its primary use is to assert a condition of indebtedness on that category's part, an indebtedness against which the leftist, in the guise of "society" can claim any number of goods and concessions.
It's just a further example - a more developed example - of "shaming tactics".

The more I see this stuff, the more I really believe that feminism is grounded in exploiting the "chivalry" of men. If men really didn't care, as most feminists try to assert, then all of their shaming wouldn't work. It does work, though, and on almost all men.

The problem for men is that other men are in competition and women are exploiting them. Men care about women and children. Women care about themselves and children. No one gives a rat's butt about men, unless they are capable of being used (meaning: rich, high status or well-muscled to beat up whomever the woman points at).
Actually, I'm not sure women care about children given the way Wendy Davis is celebrated (among others).
establishment desperately attempts to" [enter damaging action(s) here] " in order to force" [enter gender/racial/ethnic group here] "to be more dependent on the state, thereby enabling more power to be centralized and aiding the growth of big government.

This excellently describes the template for left wing Democrat activities for the past 50 years.
Women: you have the men you deserve.
When WASP men are not longer masculine, who will be? Muslim men? Latin men with Machismo Disorder? Will Hindus reinstitute Suttee (sp)?

Beware that you get what you ask for.
If I hadn't gotten a high number in the draft lottery held in August 1971, my male privilege would have entitled me to a free trip to southeast Asia, courtesy of the Defense Department. I never have been able to get a straight answer from any woman of my generation as to whether women should have been subject to the draft.
Exactly the same situation for me.
I say we send them. Draft them, compel them under the force and wrath of the UCMJ to meet the physical and mental standards necessary to do the job.

Equal pay for equal work is more than just attending. BE equal, and STFU.

Feminists / womyn do NOT get any more say than the men who were conscripted. *THAT* is equality before the law.
I wouldn't excuse feminists or even assume they're being duped from "the top." Hating masculinity is as inherently a part of modern feminism as hating femininity. If the latter is oppressive, as The Feminine Mystique asserted, then so is the latter. They actually want us to change for our own good.

I heard that no less a personage that Gloria Steinem when she spoke Tuesday just off the Auburn University campus, sponsored by its Women's Studies department. When she described the goal of liberating men from their masculinity (particularly football), I felt like shouting out, "Fat chance of that." Her entire speech was an excellent illustration of the data showing that, while conservatives understand liberals, liberals are clueless about conservatives.

If her remarks are any guide, one of the next attacks will come in one of the few remaining men-only domains--all those restrooms with "Men" on the door. She actually bragged that at some feminist conferences they've "taken over' the male restrooms. The lever for that is likely to be those fifty-or-so shades of sexual preferences that a dying Facebook has seized upon.

One questioner with a sexual preference so obscure even Ms Steinem didn't understand what it mean lisped (I kid you not) that, finding both the Men's and Women's restrooms unappealing, he had to walk 10 minutes to find a single-user one. Groan, groan.

She said quite a bit more that I can't report here, but one fact in particular struck me. All you need to is think, "But what about abortion?" while a feminist speaks and they become monumental hypocrites. Looking out for the small and powerless? You can get smaller or more powerless than a fetus. Held back from expressing your unique gifts? Yeah, getting aborted does kinda put a damper on your career plans.

Afterward was also revealing. For whatever reason, the hotel where they were meeting put up barriers forcing the attendees, mostly unhappy-looking women of middle-age or older, to jam into a line that wasn't even moving. And yet after a rousing speech about the world only being change by women who make trouble, they passively stood there, not moving an inch while, within sight just a hundred feet away stood glass doors revealing a side exit from the hotel.

True, there was a guy (yes as in oppressive male), who would stop the few women who tried to make a break for that entrance. After about a minute, the absurdity of it all struck me. I slipped past that barrier and walked out quickly, making clear by my body language that trying to stop me would accomplish nothing. I've done inside security at events like that, so I understand how staff think.

World-changers feminists these attendees were not, at least not if we make an effort to stop them. Hillary could never get Bill to keep his pants zipped. The unfortunate Gloria Steinem, who'd be 80 in a few weeks, has never got a man to stay with her long enough to make being a mother practical. And the women attending her speech were as easily regimented as a herd of cattle.

"I am woman here me roar," they are not. But we're likely to think otherwise were they begin to campaign for unisex bathrooms devoid of urinals. Then what passes for leadership in this country, is likely to hunker down and give them what they want just to shut them up.

Yes, there are males who seemed to have lost their masculinity long ago, particularly among the administrators on college campuses.

--Michael W. Perry, Tolkien's Warriors

It certainly IS a war being waged by women (and male enablers) against men, boys, fatherhood, and masculinity itself. And exactly opposite to the leftist propaganda of the past half-century, the war on maleness IS a zero-sum game.

Like most men, Paul Watson just can't bring himself to place responsibility for this collective evil where it belongs -- it's just too painful psychologically, and too consequential to himself socio-economically. So he attempts to deflect responsibility away from females. Problem is, you cannot correct a problem that people refuse to admit and confront. And even with America dying, and on the edge of disaster, men simply cannot confront the truth about their own wives, daughters, and females in general.

This is the very same collectivity who voted uber-feminists Obama and Biden -- gleeful destroyers of masculinity -- into office TWICE. That was NOT a mistake, they knew exactly what they were doing. No s - t sherlock . . . but Mr. Watson just can't handle that. Instead, he must assert that the vaginocracy was imposed top-down, by elites. Shadowy characters that, conveniently, nobody can confront. Very convenient. But a lot of Somebodies willingly invested power in those elites. Didn't happen magically.

Well done pointing out the attempted wiggle-out in that article. Half of the truth is worse than none at all.

PS saw you on teevee recently, mulling Pig Farmer Willie. Impressive.

Now it's a Pig Farm from coast to coast. And don't The People love their slop!

Cheers.