Dr. Helen

Kay Hymowitz: Where Equal is Worse?:

Yet as the recently released 2013 entry proves, the Global Gender Gap report is a cultural more than a scientific document.

Though it makes use of hard data on men’s and women’s education, health, economic participation, and political empowerment in 133 countries, it is far from objective, as it is built on dubious assumptions about human flourishing. Any instance of women outperforming men is deemed good, regardless of how everyone in the country is actually doing. Setting aside absolute measures of wealth, education levels, longevity, and so forth, the WEF measures only the size of the gap between men and women within individual countries. All other questions about national well-being are irrelevant.

This reminds me of when I was in college and belonged to the judo club. The Sensei ran classes in town as well and one of his students was a woman in her thirties. She came up to the college so the local news media could do a piece on her and we discovered that she was so bad she couldn't have thrown off a cold. Yet, despite some of the truly expert players we had, she was the one they wanted to do the piece on and they made her into a fictional black belt.
According to the WEF, the poor women of Australia suffer inequality in Health and Survival subcategory (ranking 81st in life expectancy equality) even though female life expectancy is 3 years higher than male life expectancy. The reason is that they define "equal" life expectancy as 1.06:1 instead of 1:1.

The other indicator in the Health category, aside from Life Expectancy, is the sex ratio at birth which I'm not sure why is a significant category.

The WEF also truncates scores at "1" (where a score of 1 signifies "equality"). So , if women lead in 3 out of 4 of the subcategories in Educational Attainment (like Uruguay where the subcategory ratios are 1.01:1, 0.99:1, 1.12:1 and 1.73:1) then any ratio higher then 1 is limited to "1" and so the overall category score shows women are being treated to inequality.

On page 4 they acknowledge that they could present both gaps in the achievements of women and also the gaps in men's achievements but "We find the one-sided scale more appropriate for our purposes."

It is phony egalitarianism.
The problem here, as I have said again and again, is with the law. Men wrote the law. The law favors women. The marriage contract is exploitative of men. The courts are discriminatory against men. The culture is derogatory to men. The education system is dismissive toward men. All of that proceeds from the law, which was written by men.

Women can enjoy their advantages, and most of them do. But when they want a husband, a family and a home, they can't find one. They have been conditioned to think that no man is good enough for them.

I knew this one girl in high school, a total feminist. She went to college, she went to graduate school, and she got a job as a teacher. Hooray for her. Who did she marry? A man who was taller and a little older than her, an educated, intelligent, successful man who made more money than her? NO, she married a beach bum.

This guy never attended college. His only job for 10 years was polishing surf boards on Padre Island. She married him, because he was the only guy who would marry her. She told him, don't worry honey. She had a house, a career, and so he was perfectly content to kick back in the garage, polish surf boards, smoke pot, and drink beer.

Of course, then she got pregnant. And she divorced him before the baby was born. She got what she wanted, a child and guaranteed child support. She still has her house and her career, but he is stuck with doing odd jobs for barely enough money to pay mandatory child support, for a son he only gets to visit once a month.

It's called the greater fool theory. Yeah, this guy was a fool, and he's paying for it. But this girl is the greater fool. She hit the trifecta--a feminist, an education and a career to go along with it, and now a single mother by her own choice.

And the child suffers for her decisions. He doesn't have a father to speak of. He doesn't have a male role model to look up to, a man to raise him to be a man. He doesn't have a family to grow up in. All he has is a feminist who pretends to be his mother, when she's not working, a school system that dismisses him, a culture that denogrates him, and all he has to look forward to is a contract that exploits him and a court system that discriminates against him.

Anyone who thinks this is any kind of a future is a blind idiot. But whoever said that feminism had 20-20 vision?

Obviously, the only solution is for men to change the law. The problem is that apparently they don't have the balls to do that. So women will reign supreme, children will suffer, men will be exploitated, and civilization will collapse. How does that work out for you?
This is true. Look at the book Boys Adrift, by Dr. Leonard Sax, or Boys Adrift: A response to a seminal book. All the schools can talk about is how girls are underserved. But it's not so. The boys are horribly underserved, from school, to work, and on. The result, as those two books point out- after reading them, I went and found Dr. Helen's book Men on Strike- is that women have some trouble finding husbands. Dr. Sax's book says it is because men are immature. The other book says it is because men know they are prey animals, and do what any other prey animal does- practice stealth, and low visibility. Dr. Helen has some guts, to say what she does- and one can go further, as those books note. There are 40 or so companies that do nothing but connect American men with women overseas, for example. Their literature says basically what Dr. Helen says, in her book- that American women are mostly just not wife material, any more. The saddest thing is the number of women let's say in their late 30's on, who are sure they have a soulmate. One of those books on Boys Adrift says that these women do nothing to get ready for such a man. This is certainly true in my experience.
Here is a comparable. I am old enough to remember when there was some serious hatred of black people, in the South. Let us imagine I was attracted to a black woman. The very first thing I would do, is clean out all residual hatred, anything I might have missed before, to be absolutely sure it was gone. That is very basic respect. Do feminists do this? No. I live in New England. I talk to young men, about life, especially if they are about to go into the military. I tell them things very similar to what is in the second Boys Adrift book, and also what Dr. Helen says. When you tell a young guy going into the USMC that there are high school girls who get one way tickets to the town just outside Camp Lejeune, who get pregnant by the first lonely Marine they can find, so they can live on the child support, they start to get it.
Military guys tell me that the singles bars around military posts always have more women than men, in them. Think about the percentage of men to women, around a military post, and then look at that again. I know a guy in his 40's. He works in banking, and lives on the "Gold Coast" of Connecticut, where houses sell for what they sell for just outside NY. He lives well. He won't even date a women steadily. He's seen friends eviscerated in court. Family Courts seem to want to "teach men a lesson". It's working. That guy's parents really want grandchildren. They won't see them from him. He parties, and that's it. He's very smart in how he breaks up with the women who like him- and all women he's around just love him- he tells them he just isn't the commitment type, it's not them, it's him, he's actually gay but wanted to try the other side... and he does it so very well, the women want to believe him.
I've read that around 45% of Hispanic women marry non-Hispanic men. Think about it. Here is a group of women, who respect marriage, want children, expect to do more than men at home, and so are glad to get any help, instead of bitterly resentful that the man isn't doing all of it. They love family, and treat their husbands with respect, often even if they don't deserve it. They don't dress in old clothes, looking and smelling like homeless people, the way many feminists do. Feminists used to hit on me, when I first got married. I learned how to act like an idiot- to feed their image of men- to get rid of them. I'd rather sleep with a rabid she-wolf, than a feminist.
My wife has a rabidly feminist friend. She would like to be married. She has the idea that she will be the only center of attention, from her husband. She doesn't understand this thing called work, or hobbies, or any outside interest. She goes between being sickly, expecting a 24 hour nurse of a man, to being rabidly feminist, worried about her rights. Her boyfriends leave quickly. Dr. Sax's book, well the other one on Boys Adrift also, talks about men who are neotenous, psychologically, that is they never grew up, or matured. Feminists seem to be the female counterpart, only they are also vicious. Katie Roiphe's book, about feminists who enjoy falsely accusing men of rape, is one I mention, to the young guys I talk to. That opens their eyes.
One of my cousin's kids has an "Uncle Tim" mask that he puts on. He got a real degree, but also took women's studies. Why? Because there's something about him women just fall in love with. He gets the sex he wants, and then acts sort of confused, unfocused, and they break off. What a gig, I wish I had known how to play that game, when I was in college. Dr. Helen, right on! Keep saying it! I've been through the Smokies, that's an area I'd like to retire to. You don't seem to have the propaganda induced haze most women have, in the U.S.
By way, if you want to see where feminists are taking the country, look at the black inner city. This is the matriarchy at work. This is single parent families. Daniel Patrick Moynihan pointed this out in the late 60s. I read a book that said that Alaskan natives have no real place for men, so they become alcoholics, end up in jail, and commit suicide- just like black men in the inner city. There is a book, The Substance of Things Unseen, I think, that talks about a black man who got into Brown. His mother realized, about 35 or 40, that she'd never have a loving husband. Like the European women after WW I, who couldn't get married, because the men they would have married were buried in military cemeteries, she knew she'd never have a husband. There are many black women in this boat. People didn't stop this, when it was just among blacks, so now it's spreading. My daughter's friend, in Junior High, a guy, could do lengthy raps, from memory. He was a white kid in a small town, but he was imitating blacks. Look at any inner city street drug market. Who are the customers? White kids, from the burbs. Women in America wanted a feminist paradise. They have it. The funny thing is that they don't understand what they have created, or that, if left unchecked, it will simply wipe out our culture, in just two generations. Look at who is having the babies now- is it the feminists who hate motherhood, and family? No. Look again. That is the future of America.
The funniest thing about feminist propaganda is that they actually believe it. They believe men are all they say that they are. This equality survey shows this bias. Even Gloria Steinem decided to marry the bicycle. How about that. The feminists don't understand men at all. Many Native American tribes had warrior societies, "wolves" as the Crow Indians called them, as in that book by Pretty Shield. The warrior societies were all male. Men in them spent maybe 20 years, and if they wanted to, could then get married, and have a family. They didn't have to. Men don't have as many connections as women do- and don't need as many. How many female solitary prospectors do you find in the Southwest? Not many. There are men who go through a wilderness survival course, such as what Tom Brown, Jr. offers, and just decide to vanish into the woods, with a tomahawk and a blanket. If I had not gotten custody of my kid, after my wife left, I would have done the same thing myself. That ex decided to try the grass on the other side of the fence. That's the thing, though. When you leave a relationship, you zero out all the progress, and have to start over, cleaning out the subconscious garbage. She has had a rather unpleasant life. She seems to think I owe her something. Nope. She has her equality. Her husband lives about 60 miles away from her, now. The divorce really ripped me up, but after a year, I realized it was the best thing that could have happened. My daughter is now married- to a great guy. She is smart enough to see things as they are, not as the propaganda says to see it. She respects her husband, and he respects her.
Feminists don't understand that this equality thing cuts two ways. Warren Farrell points this out. Most jobs men do aren't fun. Listen to really successful women talk; most will say that the most influential man in their lives was their father. Men will often say it was their mother. Think about that again. By turning men into shooting gallery targets, in marriage, they ensure that those men are not raising the next generation of female leaders. I spent a lot of time with my daughter. She did very well in school. She is more successful than I am. I could say that single mothers don't have the time, or the energy, to invest in their sons, as much as they would if they were married, but what feminist cares about boys, or men? The main problem, I think is that Americans have no understanding of polarity. French women are open to male advances, into their 70's. I saw it myself, when I was in Paris. They don't spout this feminist stuff, and even the French woman who is minister of women's rights says that American feminists are off track. They understand that polarity means current, which is life. Hispanic women know this, also. Russian women... if my current wife leaves me, I will go to Russia, they are incredible. If a man is sober, and works regularly, and treats his wife nicely, Russian wives are bliss. I wont' say they're all perfect- because I don't know all- what I have seen, however, among Russian immigrants where I live, is enough to convince me. Russian women want more than equality, they've had equality since 1920, and it's a hard life, for them.
Dr. Helen, please feel free to use my comments in any way you like. Please consider them to be in the public domain, and not copyrighted, in any way. I love what you are saying, I've felt this way a long time, and finally found someone saying it in in print.
One of the Boys Adrift books- can't remember which one- says that Native American women will picket Lynn Andrews' public talks, because of the extremely negative portrayal of their men, in Lynn's books. Just seeing that in print made me choose a Native American charity, on the United Way, to give to. Native Americans, Hispanics, Orientals, just about any group, are all smarter than Anglos in this country. They are more grounded in reality.
Those women who are sure they have a soulmate. They really don't understand that, by swimming in the anti-male propaganda of US culture, they scare them away, do they? They really don't understand that maybe one reason that soulmate isn't there, is that he did show up, and got scared? That they made one chance comment, and their soulmate got that cold, visceral fear in his stomach, kind of like you get when you realize someone you're talking to is violently psychotic, and about to blow? They don't understand that men who avoid substance abuse get more and more intuitive, and that their subconscious minds even set up mechanisms, outside of their awareness, to steer them away from feminists, before they even meet- below their conscious awareness? Manitonquat/Medicine Story's book, Ending Violent Crime- he is a native american elder- talks about the prisoners he works with. Most grew up with no respect from anyone, and nobody they could trust. They got only slightly more abuse than the average American man does, now. The prison recidivism rate is around 80%, after five years. Not very corrective. Manitonquat's rate is 10%, and he feels he could get it down to zero, with enough time. He uses Native American ideas. I've met graduates of his program. I would be quite comfortable living next door to them. Most are ADD, who didn't know how to deal with it. The sad part is that ADD guys, as in the book Treehugger, are also energetic enough to solve society's problems. So all the anti-male propaganda is hurting the one group of people with the energy to solve society's problems. Is it any wonder that society is falling apart?
For the left, equality is a trap to lay at the feet of the unsuspecting and fools. People in prison "enjoy" some of the greatest equality. Freedom trumps all. The left wants none of that except for a few crumbs here and there to fool those who can be fooled all the time.
There is only one place in our country, where people are truly equal. You can visit such a place, right in your own community. It is called the cemetery. Somehow talent and drive are no longer fashionable. Who will create the new jobs, the new technology, if we are all "equal"? Who will keep the infrastructure we have now, in shape, if we are all "equal"?