Dr. Helen

At least you know not to date the driver…..

September 16th, 2013 - 5:50 am

A reader sends in the following bumper sticker and says: “I see this all over Portland, Oregon where I live. Often with an Obama bumper sticker next to it (hmmm, are they implying that Obama is a dope…heh…). These people just do not get it…”

plantaman

Hopefully the car's owner bought a whole case of those stickers - one for her car and the rest for her derriere 24/7/365.

If you're going to hate, hate boldly and consistently.
Whenever I see misandric stories on Facebook, I always look to see which women have posted "yeah, right on!" types of comments in response to it. It's helped me eliminate several women from my potential dating pool.
I spoke with a female officer at the gym a few days ago. She told me there had been a tremendous growth in female sex offenders.
Just tell the driver: "Look around, point to something made by a woman." I'll wait.
Even if you look at the usual examples, they are exaggerated.

For instance, a woman supposedly invented bullet-proof vests.

No, if you read the patent, one woman in a team of five or so was part of the development of the plastic kevlar. That was subsequently used to make new types of bullet-proof vests. I'm not even sure what her contribution was.
She developed the polymer, and it's really silly to dismiss her contribution to the development of Kevlar as 'exaggerated'. Of course men have made more contributions because women were largely raising kids until a few decades ago. One of my relatives was involved in ballistics, etc. at Aberdeen at a very high level and Kevlar was a game changer that has saved a lot of lives.
Wimins contributions to society are miniscule. We got things from American women: unilateral divorce, abortion and fags.
always remember the dictum of Camille Paglia:
"If women were left in charge of civilization, we would still be living grass huts"

As for the wimin in Portland : Imagine a lady and you have imagined everything they are not"
Alway check Google. The slogan is the title of a short 1999 book that's described on Amazon this way:

"A humorous account of married life written by Loretta Griffin in the Erma Bombeck style featuring delightful illustrations by cartoonist George Broderick.

In short, there's nothing to worry about. There's no link with Obama being a dope and no angry feminist talk about planting (meaning killing) men. It's just a wife finding humor in her marriage.

--Michael W. Perry, My Nights with Leukemia (which is also a book and no, I didn't have leukemia. It's about when I worked night shift on the cancer unit in a children's hospital. Some humor, mostly serious.)
Get some perspective guys. There is something worse that being a victim. That's regarding yourself as a victim in everything that happens. That book and the resulting bumper sticker (if the two are indeed linked) isn't persecution, it's humor. As one of its reviewers notes, the author pokes as much fun at herself as at her husband.

Loosing your sense of humor is almost always an indication that you're losing perspective. The feminists lost theirs long ago and became angry sourpusses. The manists, to coin a term, seem to be losing theirs quite quickly.

I've always regarded winning as the best 'revenge.' When the Tolkien estate's lawyers claimed one of my books infringed their copyright, I quickly got over my complaining and simply whipped them in court. They bailed out at summary judgement and the judge latter dismissed their case with prejudice.

The same should be true of feminist efforts to 'dis' men. Fight back. Get active in programs that help boys grow into men. Go to college, take a tough major and get a demanding job. Be an active leader in your community. They want you to be a loser. Be a winner. And where the law or social policy is unfair, demand that it be changed.

You might also want to read what Charles Murray says about working class males in Coming Apart and take his suggestions to heart. Shame men who are behaving like losers: those poor providers, poor fathers, and poor husbands, when they even bother to marry. They're people I refer to as "males not men."

In short, there's nothing less masculine in the traditional, healthy sense than whining and complaining. In fact, the term "man up" means being "brave or tough enough to deal with an unpleasant situation."

You might also want to read Rudyard Kipling's poem, "If" which opens:

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

His poem closes:

Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

In short, be a man who changes things and not a limp-wristed whiner who is forever complaining about his misfortune and blaming others. Make Churchill your role model and not Obama.

--Michael W. Perry, also the editor of Chesterton on War and Peace: Battling the Ideas and Movements that Led to Nazism and World War II
When you've been taken to the cleaners by a corrupt Family Court system, wrongfully accused of sexual offenses against your own children by a vindictive spouse, jailed for not providing alimony on time even though you lost your job,... then I would suggest that being a victim is not something that you would have willingly chosen for yourself.

Man Up ... REALLY?????
On the contrary, it does indicate the misandric views of the woman who pasted it on her car. And yes, I do judge people based on the information about themselves that they've posted in such conspicuous places. It's funny how often negative people will show you their true colors before you even have to deal with them.
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs, then maybe you just don't understand the situation.
I believe I provided some perspective. Far from being a victim, I could honestly say I really don't give a **** what anyone thinks of me. I simply call things out as I see them. If they don't like it, so be it.

Your solution is long past the point of no return. It is not my responsibility to parent someone else's kid. Maybe the dads of the boys you mentioned need to grow a pair and teach them to be men. I already made my decision. I'm opting out. No marriage, no kids, no worries. Let Western Civ fall as it will. I can handle myself when that day comes.
"In short there's nothing to worry about". Obviously you haven't been paying attention. There is plenty to worry about if you are a young male making your way
in today's anti-male climate.

I checked Amazon as well and frankly it looks like a third rate comedian mined her marriage to write a book that shows what hostility looks like when it's disguised as humor.

I did check Amazon and saw the book, it didn't look that funny....
And yet I do have to wonder what would have happened if a male author penned a "delightful" and "humorous" account regarding his wife. I'm pretty sure there would be quite the uproar. Just sayin'...