The Manchurian President
It's a little early in his administration to draw any broad conclusions, but the evidence is clear: As a younger man, Barack Obama was kidnapped and brainwashed by evil Republican operatives, then sent deep undercover to destroy the Democratic Party and perhaps even the entire liberal worldview.
How else do you explain:
• Within six months of assuming office, the Democrats' left and center wings are at each other's throats.
• A cap and trade bill so horrendously corrupt and mismanaged that its passage in the House marked the first time in years that Republicans out-polled Democrats on the generic congressional ballot.
• A candidate who called Afghanistan "the necessary war," is now on his second major review, just since March, of how to fight it.
• Never meeting once face-to-face with the general in charge of commanding that "necessary war."
• Telling the world Gitmo was evil, then leaving it open for business.
• Sitting on intelligence, until just this Friday, showing that Iran's WMD program is more advanced than feared.
• Bailing out banks with hundreds of billions of dollars, yet still without removing a single toxic asset.
• Signing a non-stimulating stimulus so massive that Americans are afraid of deficits for the first time since Ross Perot went around screaming about his crazy aunt.
• A Democrat under threat of scaring off the AARP vote? I mean, what the hell?
• Jebus, the Republicans are starting to look good. (Oops -- I couldn't find a link for this one.)
• Most anything involving Joe Biden.
The only detail I can't figure out is, why didn't Karl Rove send me the memo on this back in '07?
Article printed from VodkaPundit: http://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit
URL to article: http://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2009/9/29/the-manchurian-president