The State Department wants Americans in the Middle East to come home already:
The State Department issued travel warnings for Kuwait and Saudi Arabia late last week, cautioning about “increased security concerns” and authorizing “the departure of family members and non-emergency personnel” at the U.S. embassies “on a voluntary basis.”
“Private American citizens … should evaluate rigorously their own security situations and are strongly urged to consider departing,” the department said.
The two main American schools in Kuwait said yesterday that they will suspend classes starting Monday through March 22. The American School of Kuwait and the American International School educate about 270 American children and about 2,000 foreign students.
Through March 22, eh? Even with a March 1/2 start date, Saddam should be gone three weeks later.