Police Held Back While Violent Mob Assaulted Trump Fundraiser Attendees?

A week ago in Minneapolis, Republican donors attending a Trump fundraiser were assaulted, robbed and spat upon by a violent leftist mob as they were leaving the event. Attendees say that even though there was a strong law enforcement presence at the convention center downtown where the fundraiser was held, they were not afforded any police protection when coming to and leaving the event -- and even more incredibly, there were no arrests.

Many people who attended the event told Fox 9 that police seemed to back down from intervening, but the Minneapolis Police Department insists there was no stand-down order.

Twin Cities News Talk TCNT morning hosts Andrew Lee and MN state Senator David Osmek took calls on Monday from attendees who also said that the police seemed to be holding back. One male attendee claimed he was told by more than one officer that law enforcement had been ordered to "stand down" -- and that the order had "come from the top."

The first caller, Carol, said that as attendees were leaving, they were urged to use alternative doors because the protesters were  by the front doors. Because it was raining outside, she wrapped her autographed Trump sign in her sweater so it wouldn't get wet.

"When we came out on the sidewalk, there weren't any protesters," she said.  But it didn't take long for the mob to figure out what was happening. "We were ambushed," she continued. "They came running at us -- I was grabbed. Women with bandannas over their noses and mouths screamed obscenities at us." She noted that she didn't see any police in the immediate area.

Carol said that when she screamed, the thugs mocked her and called her a "white supremacist." She said that when she wrestled herself away, her Trump sign became uncovered. When the protesters saw it, she said she ran really fast across the street and that once she crossed the street, the mob stopped pursuing her.

Another caller, Cynthia, said she was dropped off about a block away from the convention center because her driver didn't want to get in close proximity to the intimidating mob.

There was only way to enter the convention center because of the security screening and that was the door the protesters were blocking. When Cynthia asked a police officer if he would escort her to the event, he allegedly told her she was on her own. So this middle-aged, genteel lady had to fight her way through the terrifying gauntlet to get to the door. One of the protesters put her megaphone to her ear and screamed profanities at her. Luckily, event security saw what was happening and let her in.

On the way out, Cynthia said she felt a little more protected because she was with three gentlemen. They saw a tussle in front of them which turned out to be when the robbery victim had his cell phone stolen.

She said that the black women "got aggressive" with them and spat on the men. During the ordeal, she said she heard someone go up to the women and say, "That's enough."

The shaken woman said that it felt like an "unsafe environment" and that she'd never felt like this in the Twin Cities before.

"I'm not going to call them protesters," Cynthia said. "They were thugs. They were not protesting. They were in our faces aggressively trying to intimidate and terrorize us. Why did they let them stand right in front of that door?!" she asked plaintively -- meaning the police. "Why did they let them stand right in front of that door? You could not get to the event unless you went through that crowd."

She said that the next day, she kept saying to herself, "This is not my city."

"I was really ashamed for my city and for those people who were there. They are so misguided. They have no idea who they were yelling and spitting and being aggressive with. We're all human beings. It's really sad," Cynthia said.

Henry had the worst story.