The PJ Tatler

Breaking: Source Says There Was No Protest Prior to Benghazi Consulate Attack

Fox reports.

An intelligence source on the ground in Libya told Fox News that there was no demonstration outside the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi prior to last week’s attack — challenging the Obama administration’s claims that the assault grew out of a “spontaneous” protest against an anti-Islam film.

The intelligence source said no protests were happening before the attackers struck at about 9:35 p.m. local time last Tuesday. The account backs up claims by a purported Libyan security guard who told McClatchy Newspapers late last week that the area was quiet before the attack.

“There wasn’t a single ant outside,” the unnamed guard, who was being treated in a hospital, said in the interview.

These details appear to conflict with accounts from the Obama administration that the attack spawned from an out-of-control protest. The Libyan president also said Sunday that the strike was planned in advance.

Obviously, if there was no protest prior to the attack, then the “Innocence of Muslims” film was not the cause. It was, as the evidence suggests, a pre-planned attack carried out as revenge for the US killing of an al Qaeda leader and to humiliate the US on the anniversary of 9-11.

Knowing what we know now — that the US had 72 hours warning prior to the attacks in both Cairo and Benghazi — and that security was not adequately stepped up, coupled with the story the administration has fed to the nation in the week since, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and US Ambassador to the UN Susan Rice should tender their resignations. Clinton failed to protect her foreign service officers, and Rice has destroyed her credibility.