In an ironic twist of fate, young women — a demographic group widely considered pivotal to Democrats’ electoral success and the liberal progressive movement in general — explained to the world why they are conservative, and launched a viral movement giving the reasons behind their ideas.
The conservative millennial women’s organization Future Female Leaders launched a Twitter hashtag explaining, “I’m a #ConservativeBecause,” and it took off on Sunday night into the wee hours of Monday morning. The tag caused liberal convulsions but inspired thousands of conservatives to explain why they believe what they believe.
Here is PJ Media’s list of the 25 best tweets explaining #ConservativeBecause.
1. The tweet that started it all.
— Future Female Leader (@FFL_of_America) July 11, 2016
2. Conservatism encourages women to take control of their government.
3. Wow. You go, girl!
— Elise Yost (@EliseYost) July 11, 2016
4. It’s not called the “bill of wants.”
Next Page: More young ladies explaining what they believe.
5. Conservative principles work!
#ConservativeBecause principles of hard work, free markets, self reliance, strong defense, limited govt don’t just sound good – THEY WORK!
— Janie Johnson (@jjauthor) July 11, 2016
6. No handouts.
7. You own your own destiny.
#ConservativeBecause I believe we create our own life. You can become whatever you choose to be. You own ur own destiny. Choose to Live it
— Kotcha Lee (@Kotcha301) July 11, 2016
8. Liberty, low taxes, limited government. Simple.
Next Page: The guys get in on it, too.
9. Because the Republican Party has a pretty sweet track record.
#ConservativeBecause this party ended slavery, voted for women’s right to vote, desegregated schools & voted for the cv rights act of 1960.
— Wyatt Earp (@waynut1_0) July 11, 2016
10. Because common sense isn’t limited to straight people.
11. Because I don’t label everyone who disagrees with me a bigot.
#ConservativeBecause it would be embarrassing to be on the side that reduces all argument to, “You’re an -ist, -ist, -ist, ist, -ist.”
— Inductivist (@Inductivist) July 11, 2016
12. Big government shuts down innovation.
Next Page: Lib-splaining conservatism, or how annoyed liberals get to see #ConservativeBecause trending.
13. Liberals boiling conservatism down to racism and sexism, as usual.
#ConservativeBecause you wish things had never progressed beyond segregation and women staying in the home.
— Sean Kent (@seankent) July 11, 2016
14. Um, no.
15. Now, this isn’t bigoted at all…
#ConservativeBecause I scored low on all my reading comprehension test and also love the bible.
— Danez Smith (@Danez_Smif) July 11, 2016
16. All conservatives are psychopaths.
Next Page: The powerful response.
17. Liberalism destroys everything it touches.
— LucidHurricane™✘ (@LucidHurricane_) July 11, 2016
18. #ConservativeBecause I believe in free speech.
19. Feel the Burn!
I’m #ConservativeBecause the so-called Progressive Left is really a morally bankrupt cradle of entitlement, narcissism and class hatred.
— Fedja Pavlovic (@FedjaPavlovic) July 11, 2016
20. I despise what “liberals” are doing to my country.
Next Page: I’m #ConservativeBecause of Andrew Klavan!
21. I know who I owe for my freedom.
— Jared Wyand (@JaredWyand) July 11, 2016
22. I value facts over emotional rhetoric.
23. Home of the free … because of the brave.
— Chana (@Dis_labeledVet) July 11, 2016
24. That’s liberal with a classical “l.”
25. Because Andrew Klavan made it look cool.
— James (@J_Seiter) July 11, 2016