Both the assailants in the deadly attack in San Bernardino, Calif., that killed 14 people last week had been radicalized for a long time and had been practicing their aim at a target range just days before their murder spree, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said Monday.
“We believe that both subjects were radicalized and for quite some time,” said David Bowdich, the F.B.I. assistant director in charge at a news conference here, speaking of the husband and wife team, Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, who were gunned down by the authorities after they attacked a conference center last Wednesday.
The headline for this New York Times refers to Farook and Malik as “assailants.” In fact, the entire article still never says “terrorists” or “terrorism” once.
Maybe they’re afraid of Loretta Lynch.
It was also discovered that the terrorists’ bomb building ambitions where grander than originally thought:
Mr. Bowdich said that the authorities had recovered 19 types of pipes in the couple’s home that could have been made into bombs, up from the 12 types that were earlier identified.
Thank God the government is going to start looking at legal residents who aren’t radical Islamists to thwart further attacks.
Keeping the anti-Second Amendment narrative sleight of hand going, many of the news stories and social media posts about the FBI’s findings are focusing on the fact that they were target shooting at a range and not the whole radicalization thing.