Good Wednesday morning!
Here is what’s on the president’s agenda today:
- In the morning, President Donald J. Trump and first lady Melania Trump will participate in an embassy meet and greet.
- The president and first lady will then participate in a courtesy call with National Assembly Leaders.
- Later in the morning, the president will deliver a speech to the National Assembly.
- The president and first lady will then travel to the Seoul National Cemetery to participate in a wreath-laying ceremony.
- In the afternoon, the president and the first lady will depart the Seoul National Cemetery for Osan Air Base en route to Beijing, People’s Republic of China.
- After arriving in China, the president and first lady will have tea with President Xi Jinping of People’s Republic of China and Madame Peng Liyuan, before receiving a tour of the Forbidden City and viewing an opera performance.
- In the evening, the president and first lady will have dinner with President Xi and Madame Peng.
I have a condensed version of the Morning Briefing for you today.
Historical picture of the day:
The new president of the U.S. George Bush and his wife Barbara wave to supporters in Houston, Texas Tuesday evening November 8, 1988, after winning the presidential elections. (AP Photo/Scott Applewhite)
Dems sweep statewide Virginia elections
DNC’s Perez: Trump will return to a ‘far different’ America
Trump distances himself from Ed Gillespie after Virginia election loss
Virginia elects its first openly transgender delegate to state House
Mayor de Blasio earns second term with landslide victory over Republican Nicole Malliotakis
Poll: Democratic Party approval rating drops to lowest level in 25 years
Two more House Republicans announce retirement
The Texas gunman escaped from a mental health facility after assaulting his wife and infant stepson
Texas shooter Devin Patrick Kelley had pending sex assault case, sheriff says
Texas church killer allegedly sexually assaulted two women
Kremlin quiet as Russia marks Revolution’s 100-year anniversary
Trump to North Korea: ‘Do not underestimate us. And do not try us.’
‘Gossip Girl’ star Ed Westwick denies rape accusation from actress: ‘I do not know this woman’
Five more women come forward about Roman Polanski
Jane Seymour Briefly Quit Acting After Hollywood’s ‘Most Powerful Man’ Sexually Harassed Her
Senate panel to hold hearing on bump stocks, background checks
Michigan lawmakers look to allow concealed guns in schools
Jeff Flake, Martin Heinrich introduce bill to close domestic violence loophole in military
Ted Cruz says legislation could have prevented Texas shooting – but Democrats pulled the plug
Most Wikileaks Emails Weren’t Even Written Until AFTER DNC Knew It Was Hacked
Trump reportedly told the director of the CIA to meet with a former intelligence official who claims Russia never hacked the DNC
Former DNC chair says she was not involved in hiring of Fusion GPS
Trump campaign adviser: Carter Page ‘went around me’ to get permission for Moscow trip
BuzzFeed Reporter: ‘Victims of Communism’ Is A White Nationalist Talking Point
CNN Correspondent: Dems Might Need To ‘Alienate Some White Voters’ To Gain Black Votes
Forbes Calls Wilbur Ross A Liar, Plans To Remove Him From Billionaire List
Trump forced to abandon secret trip to DMZ due to weather
An unprecedented power grab by Saudi Arabia’s crown prince could remake the Middle Eastern kingdom
Knife-wielding man with porn magazine armor reportedly arrested after attempting to stab neighbor
A nude restaurant called O’Naturel just open in Paris
Jeff Sessions to testify before House Judiciary Committee
Baltimore police driver not guilty in Freddie Gray case
Roy Halladay, former MLB star pitcher, killed in small plane crash
Twitter doubling its character count to 280 in nearly all languages
Florida private school starts selling parents $120 bulletproof panels to slip inside their children’s backpacks
And that’s all I’ve got, now go beat back the angry mob!