The parents of two of the four Benghazi victims have sued Hillary Clinton, arguing that her recklessness caused the deaths of their sons, and that she later defamed them in statements to the media. Directly contradicting the claims of several relatives of the victims of the Benghazi terrorist attacks, Clinton has repeatedly denied in interviews that she blamed a YouTube video for the deaths of their loved ones during their memorial service held on Sept. 14, 2012.
Via Fox News:
The case was filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia by Larry Klayman of Freedom Watch USA on behalf of Patricia Smith, the mother of Sean Smith, and Charles Woods, the father of Tyrone Woods, for allegedly wrongfully causing the death of their sons as well as for defamation and intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress.
The lawsuit suggests that Clinton’s use of a private email server contributed to the deaths of Smith and Woods, adding that terrorists were able to “obtain the whereabouts of Ambassador Christopher Stevens and thus the U.S. State Department and covert and other government operations in Benghazi, Libya and subsequently orchestrate, plan, and execute the now infamous September 11, 2012 attack.”
“Having used a secret private email server that we now know was used to communicate with Ambassador Christopher Stevens with confidential and classified government information, and which we also now know was likely hacked by hostile adversaries such as Iran, Russia, China and North Korea aligning with terrorist groups, it is clear that Hillary Clinton allegedly negligently and recklessly gave up the classified location of the plaintiffs’ sons, resulting in a deadly terrorist attack that took their lives,” Klayman said in a statement announcing the suit.
In addition to the wrongful death and negligence charges named in the suit, the parents also claim that Clinton defamed them in statements to the media, according to court documents.
“During her campaign for President, Defendant Clinton has negligently, recklessly, and/or maliciously defamed Plaintiffs by either directly calling them liars, or by strongly implying that they are liars, in order to protect and enhance her public image and intimidate and emotionally harm and silence them to not speak up about the Benghazi attack on at least four separate occasions,” Klayman wrote in his complaint.
Clinton first denied pushing the YouTube video lie to the family members in an interview on ABC’s “This Week” with George Stephanopoulos on December 6, 2015.
STEPHANOPOULOS: Did you tell them it was about the film? And what’s your response?
CLINTON: No. You know, look I understand the continuing grief at the loss that parents experienced with the loss of these four brave Americans. And I did testify, as you know, for 11 hours. And I answered all of these questions.
She was asked again later in December to explain the discrepancy between what the families were saying and her own dubious assertions.
Sun Columnist Tom McLaughlin said she told an Egyptian diplomat the Benghazi attack was planned and not a protest but that she told family members of the deceased that the attack was the result of a demonstration. He said she then told George Stephanopoulos that she didn’t tell the families the attack was a demonstration about a film.
“Somebody is lying,” said McLaughlin.”Who is it?
Clinton replied, “Not me, that’s all I can tell you.”
During a Democratic primary debate in March, Clinton insisted that one of the Benghazi mothers was “absolutely wrong” when she said that Clinton and other Obama administration officials personally told her that a YouTube video was the catalyst for the Sept. 11, 2012, terrorist attacks.
“She’s wrong. She’s absolutely wrong,” Clinton told debate moderator Jorge Ramos when asked about comments made last year by Patricia Smith, the mother of State Department information officer Sean Smith.
She denied it again during a recent interview on “Fox News Sunday.”
“I understand the grief and the incredible sense of loss that can motivate that,” Clinton said. “As other members of families who’ve lost loved ones have said, that’s not what they heard. I don’t hold any ill feeling for someone who, in that moment, may not fully recall everything that was or wasn’t said.”
Four different relatives of three separate victims who met with Clinton at Andrews Air Force Base on Sept 14, 2012, have publicly stated that she spoke with them about the video: Patricia Smith (Sean Smith’s mother), Michael Ingmire (Sean Smith’s uncle), Kate Quigley (Glen Doherty’s sister), and Charles Woods (Tyrone Woods’ father). The latter kept written notes from the meeting.
Join the conversation as a VIP Member