14 Mark Rippetoe Strength Training Articles & 3 Videos For Changing Your Life
I'd like to thank my PJ colleague David Steinberg for his great work in developing and editing these excellent fitness articles from the indomitable Mark Rippetoe. I was skeptical of Rippetoe's approach at first -- he challenged my routine -- but it didn't take many articles for him to win me over. I'm not running anymore and our recent move from the San Fernando Valley to Inglewood reminded me that it would be useful to have much more strength in my emaciated, workaholic writer's skeleton frame.
In planning my next year's Resolutions list, I'll be formulating my own fitness and strength routine based on Rip's books and these articles. Anybody want to join me?
- Strength vs. Endurance: Why You Are Wasting Your Time in the Gym
- Squats, Presses, and Deadlifts: Why Gyms Don’t Teach the Only Exercises You Need
- The 1 Reason You Aren’t Getting Stronger
- Forget What You’ve Heard: 4 Reasons Why Full Squats Save Your Knees
- Maybe, You Should Gain Weight
- The Deadlift: 3 Reasons Why Just Picking Up Heavy Things Replaces Most of Your Gym
- 3 Reasons Why You Need to Lift the Barbell Over Your Head
- ‘Training’ vs. ‘Exercise’: What’s the Difference?
- Why You Should Not Be Running
- You Only Need These 6 Things For a World-Class Home Gym
- Why Being Sore Doesn’t Mean You’re Getting Stronger
- Strength Training for People My Age
- Bodyfat and Age: Just How Important Is Thin?
- The 3 Most Effective Ways to Waste Time in the Gym
Also don't miss David's 3-part video series where he received some first-hand coaching from Rippetoe to put his method into practice, embedded on each of the next 3 pages: