34 Tools of the Trade For New Media Troublemakers
This year at PJ Lifestyle we're going to try and increase the number of products that we review. This is version 2 of an ongoing list of the best books and products for self-styled "new media troublemakers." I'm going to try and publish new versions of this list with more products and photos regularly. I'd say daily but don't want to over-promise yet. I'll TRY for daily (Monday-Friday) with more product suggestions and original photos...
7 Writing and Media Tools
1. Reading spot of choice (when Wife hasn't commandeered it): Sumo Gigantor - reviewed here, and named "The Giant Tribble" for its furry resemblance to a notorious Star Trek villain. It serves as background for many book photos.
2. Tablet of choice: iPad, a tool I use throughout the work day...
6. iPhone for taking and uploading photos.
7. Instagram for sharing images quickly.
2 New Books I'm Enjoying Reading Now That I'll Be Writing More About Soon:
8. What Jefferson Read, Ike Watched, and Obama Tweeted by Tevi Troy
9. Lisa De Pasquale's debut book Finding Mr. Righteous
3 Of My Favorite New Books I'm Going to Reread and Write More About Soon:
10. The New School by Glenn Reynolds
11. Lt. Gen. Ion Mihai Pacepa's Disinformation
12. Robert Spencer's Did Muhammad Exist?
12 Library Books on my Mind of Late:
13. No One Left to Lie To By Christopher Hitchens
14. The Wisdom of Maimonides by Edward Hoffman
15. Bill and Hillary: The Politics of the Personal by William H. Chafe
16. Escape from Evil by Ernest Becker
17. Walt Disney's Fantasia by John Culhane
18. Walt Disney's Animated Characters by John Grant
19. The Hebrew Republic by Eric Nelson
20. Break, Blow Burn by Camille Paglia
21. In Search of Bill Clinton by John Gartner
22. Timothy Leary: A Biography by Robert Greenfield
24. High Crimes and Misdemeanors: The Case Against Bill Clinton By Ann Coulter
3. Music and Talk Radio Recommendations While Troublemaking:
25. Fantasia on Blu Ray
I've gotten in the habit of just having it on in the background some days while working...
27. Songza for classical music while working and something more energetic while running the Siberian.
28. Early Morning Talk Radio Recommendation: 6 AM-9 AM PST on Am 870 - The Morning Answer with Ben Shapiro, Elisha Krauss, and Brian Whitman
29. Late Morning Talk Radio Recommendation: 9 AM- Noon, The Dennis Prager Show
30. Late Afternoon Talk Radio Recommendation: 3-6 PM The Ben Shapiro Show on KTTH 770
Siberian Husky Supplies
31. Yoda plush
3 Food Picks Today:
32. From the platter of my Trader Joe's lunch today my perpetual favorite remains their pita chips. I'll attempt more interesting selections in future photos.
33. 2 cups of Trader Joe's English Breakfast tea.
34. Underrated Girl Scout cookies: lemon flavored Savannah Smiles.
Maybe you have a product that you'd like to see featured or reviewed? Everything from food to books to tech gadgets and accessories to Giant Tribbles is fair game. And if I'm not the one to review it then another of the PJ Lifestyle contributors might have the expertise. Please contact me: DaveSwindlePJM <@> Gmail.com
Article printed from PJ Lifestyle: https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle
URL to article: https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2014/3/10/34-tools-of-the-trade-for-new-media-troublemakers