DIY Culture Versus Old Media: An Interview with Glenn Reynolds
Glenn Reynolds should need little introduction to Pajamas Media's readers, but just in case you're beaming in from another temporal plane or quantum singularity, he's a pioneering blogger, whose Instapundit.com is PJM's flagship blog, and he hosts the long-running Instavision show on PJTV.com. He's also the author of An Army of Davids, which explores do it yourself culture in everything from making your beer to making your own recorded music and video.
It's the latter two subjects we'll be discussing here (perhaps we'll explore DIY PBR in a later podcast). We'll also discuss:
- Why Old Media has regressed in style and content even as the quality of DIY media improves.
- The state of the Blogosphere.
- What the demise of the Borders bookstore chain says about the future of books, electronic media, and the physical retail store.
- What's happening with overturning the ban on incandescent bulbs.
- Would Hollywood environmentalists give up their TV shows and private planes to protect Gaia?
- The British phone hacking scandal (and its American equivalents) and battlefield prep for the 2012 election.
- The state of the presidential race.
- And more.
Click here to listen:
(16 minutes and 30 seconds long; 15.2MB file size. Want to download instead of streaming? Right click here to download this week's show to your hard drive. Or right click here to download the 5.75 MB lo-fi edition. And for our earlier Lifestyle podcasts, start here and keep scrolling.)