Our final interviews from the 2012 National Review Post-Election Cruise feature a troika of pop culture-oriented conservatives. Rob Long writes an often hilarious column for “dead tree” edition of National Review, in addition to producing TV’s Sullivan & Son for WTBS (in past years, Rob was a producer on a comedy you may have heard of called Cheers). James Lileks writes the “Athwart” column for each issue of NR, in addition to writing at his own Lileks.com Website, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, and, from time to time, PJM as well. Along with Peter Robinson, they host the flagship Ricochet.com podcast. Roman Genn has illustrated many a National Review cover. With his deep foghorn Boris Badenov voice, he’s also the master of the deadpan one-liner on the comedy nights on the NR cruises.
Topics discussed include:
● How can conservatives recapture pop culture?
● John Yoo for mayor of Oakland!
● Rob and TV’s Sullivan & Son.
● Lileks’ new novel, Graveyard Special and its flashback to college life in 1980, during the culture’s transition from Carter to Reagan.
● How the BBC blew the lid off the secret history of German nudism.
● How Roman crafts his National Review covers.
And much more!
Click here to listen:[audio:http://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll/files/2012/11/20121123-pjm-ed.mp3]
(24:36 minutes long; 22.5 MB file size. Want to download instead of streaming? Right click here to download this week’s show to your hard drive. Or right click here to download the 7MB lo-fi edition.)
If the above Flash audio player is not compatible with your browser, click below on the YouTube player below, or click here to be taken directly to YouTube, for an audio-only YouTube clip. Between one of those versions, you should find a format that plays on your system.
● For our interview with Jim Geraghty from the 2012 NR Cruise click here.
● For our interview with Victor Davis Hanson from the 2012 NR Cruise click here.
And for many more podcasts, start here and keep scrolling.