The above clip brings new meaning to the question we’ve been asking for a decade now: What’s gotten into the water at CNN?
To paraphrase Iowahawk, Fire Make Sea Gods Angry, cause sharks to “Have Sex at Alarming Rates” according to the Chyron under this story told by CNN newsreader Erin Burnett. All that undersea aquatic humping will produce baby “Super Sharks,” Burnett adds.
Needless to say, Tim Blair is having lots of fun with this Fish Story:
What’s truly disturbing is that the story is more than two months old yet CNN still managed to get it completely wrong. No “experts” speculated that hybrid sharks were caused by climate change. That line emerged from a piece by angry leftist AFP reporter Amy Coopes, whose expertise is mainly in the field of conservative devil babies.
Actual shark expert Jessica Morgan, one of the researchers for the University of Queensland’s study, had this to say back in January:
Quote not correct – I have now stated numerous times that it is extremely unlikely that climate change caused the hybridization event …
Sweet dreams, Erin. Don’t let the super sharks bite.
And speaking of CNN’s news readers, just as Soledad O’Brien had attempted to spin Critical Race Theory into something it wasn’t — and failed so badly that she was forced to cry uncle on all of the negative Tweets she was receiving, Flopping Aces notes that she had previously tried to claim that Obama wasn’t familiar with Saul Alinsky. Good luck with that:
• Obama first learned Alinsky’s rules in the 1980s, when Alinskyite radicals with the Chicago-based Alinsky group Gamaliel Foundation recruited, hired, trained and paid him as a community organizer in South Side Chicago. (Gamaliel’s website expressly states it grew out of the Alinsky movement.)
• In 1988, Obama even wrote a chapter for the book “After Alinsky: Community Organizing in Illinois,” in which he lamented organizers’ “lack of power” in implementing change.
• Gamaliel board member John McKnight, a hard-core student of Alinsky, penned a letter for Obama to help him get into Harvard Law School.
• Obama took a break from his Harvard studies to travel to Los Angeles for eight days of intense training at Alinsky’s Industrial Areas Foundation, a station of the cross for acolytes.
• In turn, he trained other community organizers in Alinsky agitation tactics.
• Obama also taught Alinsky’s “Power Analysis” methods at the University of Chicago.
• During the presidential campaign, Obama hired one of his Gamaliel mentors, Mike Kruglik, to train young campaign workers in Alinsky tactics at “Camp Obama,” a school set up at Obama headquarters in Chicago. The tactics helped Obama capture the youth vote like no other president before him.
• Power would no longer be an issue, as Obama infiltrated the highest echelon of the political establishment — the White House — fulfilling Alinsky’s vision of a new “vanguard” of coat-and-tie radicals who “work inside the system” to change the system.
• After the election, his other Gamaliel mentor, Jerry Kellman (who hired him and whose identity Obama disguised in his memoir), helped the Obama administration establish Organizing for America, which mobilizes young supporters to agitate for Obama’s legislative agenda using “Rules for Radicals.”
• Obama’s favorite rule is No. 13: “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it and polarize it.” You see that in his attacks on “fat cat bankers,” “greedy health insurers” and “millionaires and billionaires.” He also readily applies Alinsky’s fifth rule of “ridiculing” the opposition.
“Obama learned his lesson well,” said David Alinsky, son of the late socialist. “I am proud to see that my father’s model for organizing is being applied successfully beyond local community organizing.”
The post at Flopping Aces is titled, “This was not the first time Soledad O’Brien tried to rewrite history.”
[flashvideo file=http://pjmedia.com/media/video/CNN-Wright-to-Wright-Free-Zone6-7-09-rev-1.flv width=315 height=251 image=http://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll/files/2009/06/cnn-wright-to-wright-free-zone6-7-09-title-cardiii.jpg /]