I Wish Them Luck with a Capital-F
The TrogloPundit has a great observation about the reactionary “F*ck Tea" movement:
How come no conservative pundit – me included – has ever come up with such a pithy and descriptive metaphor for political “progressivism?”…the Agenda Project, a new, progressive group with roots in New York’s fundraising scene and a goal of strengthening the progressive movement, has launched the “F*ck Tea” project, which is aimed, the group’s founder Erica Payne wrote in an e-mail this morning, “to dismiss the tea party and promote the progressive cause.”
- They’re “promoting the progressive cause” with a campaign that can’t be named in public.
- You can’t say the name out loud unless you want people averting their eyes and declining to associate with you.
- Broadcast media will talk around it, if they admit it’s there at all.
- Politicians will agree with you in secret, but will publicly pretend that you don’t exist.
It’s just like the “progressive” political agenda!
Heh -- and as Jim Hoft writes, this is merely the latest attempt by the Ruling Class to derail the Tea Partiers:
- First the left introduced the Coffee Party.
- Then they introduced the Cocoa Party.
- Then last month the left came out with yet another astroturfed group to counter the tea party… “One Nation.”
- Now it’s the “F*ck tea” movement.
It looks like our friends on the left are stuck in stage number two 0f the grief cycle.
At least with their latest movement their being honest. They’ve been giving the American people the finger all year, so this fits. Pelosi probably thought of the idea herself.
Click over to both posts to see the official "F**k Tea" T-shirt, which will likely give a very different impression to a person who sees it and who doesn't immediately get who its message is aimed at, than its wearer likely intends.
(H/T to D. P. MacManus and James Lileks for the headline.)