'Only about 3% of people have clear, specific, written goals and plans that they work on each day.'

I’m reading an interesting business book called Get Smart!: How to Think and Act Like the Most Successful and Highest-Paid People in Every Field. The book is fairly simple and straight forward but filled with positive messages and good ideas for how to set goals and do better in life. From the description:


In business and in life, you must be smart to get ahead. As things shift and change quickly, you need to tap into your brain—learn how to think smartly—in order to make sure that you maximize your opportunities.

In Get Smart!, internationally-acclaimed business guru, speaker, author, and productivity expert Brian Tracy has laid the groundwork on how to easily reconfigure your negative thinking patterns and habits, and reprogram your brain to achieve its maximum potential. In this invaluable book, readers will encounter:

· The latest brain research on how to think, in order to get results
· Practical, easy-to-understand advice and immediately actionable steps and exercises
· How to train the brain to think correctly and help to create a brilliant future
· Tapping in to the power of positive thinking
· How to harness the true potential of the human mind
· And so much more

Some of the negative messages people have involve a lack of setting goals. Tracy states:

It is not uncommon today for people to complain and demonstrate in the streets the “1 percent versus the 99 percent” in our society in terms of income. But they’ve got it wrong. In reality, it should be “the 3% versus the 97%.”

Only about 3% of people have clear, specific, written goals and plans that they work on each day. The other 97 percent have hopes, dreams, wishes, and fantasies, but not goals. And the great tragedy is that they don’t now the difference.


Politicians like Bernie Sanders hope to capture that large percentage of people who have wishes and dreams but not the fortitude to do the work necessary to make their dreams reality. It’s scary that so few people have the ability to set goals and reach them. Or maybe their goal is to have hope and dreams that are projected onto politicians who will fulfill them by telling them they don’t have to work?


Trending on PJ Media Videos

Join the conversation as a VIP Member