VodkaPundit

My N-Word Is “Naughty”

October 31st, 2013 - 11:55 am

N-WORD

Oh fer cryin’ out loud:

A school administrator at has warned students at Quinnipiac University that “insensitive costumes” such as “a Mexican, hooker, gangster, or promiscuous nurse” are “as offensive as writing the ‘N-word’ on a blackboard.”

“Costumes that exaggerate, stereotype, generalize a particular ethnic culture [or] gender, [are] insensitive,” said the Connecticut school’s Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and Chief Diversity Officer Diane Ariza, according to The Quinnipiac Chronicle, the school’s official newspaper.

It’s “slutty nurse.” SLUTTY. Or sometimes “sexy nurse.” Even “naughty nurse” will do. But “promiscuous nurse?” This gal could take the fun out of… well, out of a pretty girl wearing a fun, trashy Halloween costume.

You ready for the shocker? This meddlesome busybody killjoy’s real job title is “Chief Diversity Officer.” I’d suggest that some smartass student at Quinnipiac dress up tonight as a sexy chief diversity officer, but I think we all know such a thing is contradiction in terms.

I despise vandalism — it’s just nihilism given pubescent physical form. But there is not enough TP in the world for that woman’s house.

And that goes for this woman, too:

Most children expect to get candy when they go trick-or-treating. But, if they stop by one Fargo, North Dakota woman’s house, they might get an unexpected “fat letter.”

A station manager told valleynewslive.com in Fargo that a woman identified as Cheryl called into the Y-94 morning program saying that she wanted to make a stand against obesity during Halloween. Her idea? Give children who had extra pounds on them a letter instead of a sweet treat.

“You (sic) child is, in my opinion, moderately obese and should not be consuming sugar treats to the extent of some children this Halloween season,” the letter reads. “My hope is that you will step up as an adult and ration candy this Halloween and not allow your child to continue these unhealthy eating habits.”

My advice to Cheryl? Turn off your lights tonight and just pretend like you’re not home. And have a Hershey bar while you’re sitting there alone in the dark.

This is Halloween. It’s supposed to be silly and fun — for everybody.

But busybodies don’t know how to have fun and want to make damn sure nobody else has any, either.

Oh God, and here in Boulder, they told people not to dress up as cowboys or Indians because it's a stereotype.

If I weren't travelling tomorrow, I'd go on campus dress as an Indian just so I could tell the PC Police "it's can't be offensive, I *am* an Indian."
You're thinking of C.S. Lewis:

Stephen's quote from Lewis reminded me of this gem from H.L. Mencken:
-Puritanism. The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

And one more from Mencken for our host:
-The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out... without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, intolerable.
Hey. There are a lot of comments here.

And they seem to be preponderantly by guys.

However to explain this...???
It's a conundrum.
Modern Puritanism, we're not happy unless you're not happy.

dress as ward churchill
Yesterday I was out and about in my hat and boots and somebody asked me if I was already in costume for trick or treat.

I told him no, for trick or treat I'd dress up as somebody from this century.

It was too subtle for him.
But I thought being a sl_t was a GOOD thing...

I can't keep up with the PC scolds.
WTH is wrong with these people?! What dark, horrible demons lurk in the recesses of their minds that compel them project their own failings and terrors on the rest of us?

And can we lock them in a room and force them to confront these demons? Then sell the whole thing on Pay Per View?
Definitions of tolerance

1. the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.

2. an allowable amount of variation of a specified quantity, esp. in the dimensions of a machine or part. (or nowadays - ideology)

3. Ability to resist pain.

It's a continuum. A journey even.

Diversity - conformity - pain.
I don't know, Mark Buehner — I think the busybodies and the fascists are subspecies of the same basic thing.
Who was it that noted the busybodies are far more terrifying than the fascists? Fascists might have a crisis of conscience or retire in luxury. Busybodies are doing it for you own good, they will never, ever, be satisfied.
Nice thing about fascists is it's easier to get away with shooting them.
I am reminded of P. J. O'Rourke, when remarking on why being called a Nazi doesn't bother him: no one ever fantasizes about getting tied up & ravished by a liberal... :)
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
― C.S. Lewis
Mr. Green beat me to it.
You're thinking of C.S. Lewis:

Oy. I first read that as "trannies" and "tranny", and I couldn't figure out what the hell the quote was about.

I'm blaming my mistake on all the diversity talk and the picture of the slutty nurse.