VodkaPundit

Here’s What Else Needs to be Said

May 14th, 2013 - 11:04 am

More on the IRS War Against Everyone Who Ever Looked Sideways at Obama:

Larry Connors, a veteran local news anchor at KMOV Channel 4 in St. Louis, says that the Internal Revenue Service has been targeting him since an April 2012 interview he conducted with President Obama — a fact that he dismissed as coincidence until the recent reports about the IRS targeting conservative groups.

“Shortly after I did my April 2012 interview with President Obama, my wife, friends and some viewers suggested that I might need to watch out for the IRS. I don’t accept ‘conspiracy theories’, but I do know that almost immediately after the interview, the IRS started hammering me,” Connors wrote on his Facebook page late Monday night.

Connors did not specify how the IRS has been “hammering” him. He did not immediately respond to a request for calrification.

Keep spinning, Politico. Keep spinning — you may get your Savior out of this yet. But don’t count on it.

Incidentally, Connor is a St. Louis institution. He’s been anchoring the news there at least since I was in middle school, and I have zero clue what his politics are or might be. You know, the way it’s supposed to be done. The idea that the IRS would go after him in this way is offensive and just a little frightening.

It's important to remember that April is usually the time of the year when the IRS starts going after people, and they do audit a non-trivial percentage of the population normally. It may just be coincidence. We should certainly keep looking to see if it's not, but we don't want to overreach too badly on our scandal accusations.
It's been ongoing since at least 2012, so you can skip the whitewash.
I'm not trying to whitewash anything. I want to see careers destroyed over this. But I've seen a lot of scandal accusations that just wound up sounding hysterical and stupid in retrospect, so I try to be cautious about connecting too many dots. I'm not a PR flack for a political party, I'm allowed to be cautious about things that might genuinely be coincidence instead of trying to get maximal day-to-day impact out of a scandal.
Given that it's been established that the IRS targeted conservative/libertarian groups last election, as well as handing over confidential info to liberal/progressive groups, excuse me for seeing this in the same light our host does. :-/
That's actually the biggest reason I question it. The guy's media, and not exactly Fox News about it. Why on earth would they assume he's a right-winger?
Actually, you're behind the times. Since at least 2011.

Sheesh, Steve. You go to a conference for the weekend, and you lose all touch with reality! ;-)
and in a matter of months the same people will control your health care.
sleep well
Ah yes the IRS and the EPA revel in the fear that they generate. Of course fear generates hate and they have managed to piss off even Muslims in the US who don't toe the Party line. When elected representatives go home these days they are starting to get indications that pissing off the voters is not healthy. "The government knows where we live, but we know where you and "yours" live...nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Don't worry about guns purchases worry when you see large buys of rope and pitch forks." So the bottom of the buss is getting hosed off so a wad of scapegoats from the executive branches will fit under it.