The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

August 13, 2014 - 8:32 am

20-year-old Pedro Bravo of Florida is accused of murdering his roommate. The two, according to police, got into a fight after going to Best Buy to buy a Kanye West CD. The victim, Christian Aguilar, had also started dating Bravo’s ex.

Bravo’s iPhone does not enjoy the privilege of not being forced to testify against him, as a spouse can be allowed.

And Siri will sing.

Evidence collected from Bravo’s iPhone includes records of him using the phone’s flashlight function nine times from 11.31pm to 12:01am on the day that Bravo disappeared and asking the phone: “I need to hide my roommate”.

According to evidence reproduced from the trial by local news stations and picked up by Buzzfeed, Siri responded “What kind of place are you looking for?” before offering four options: “Swamps, reservoirs, metal foundries, dumps”.

Police also used data from the flashlight app and the GPS data from the phone to debunk Bravo’s explanation of his whereabouts on the night of the murder.

Well, if I were trying to dispose of a mimetic poly-alloy robot assassin...Obviously! That goes without saying...

But your everyday, garden-variety human corpse? A metal foundry is some good out-of-the-box thinking by Siri.

On an entirely unrelated note...I need to step away from the computer for a while and run an errand to the metal foundry.
Am I the only one that finds it darkly interesting that Siri competently advised him on where to hide the corpse? I've never thought of disposing of a corpse in a metal foundry...that's a really good idea.
You've never seen "Terminator 2: Judgment Day"?

I do hope your metal foundry is nowhere near the Navy Yard. Gibbs and Ducky find corpses in the darnedest places, not that that is relevant to your sudden errand.
H'm. Rearden Metal just took on new meaning...
I like how, over the years, Gibbs and his team have basically gained universal jurisdiction over every crime everywhere. The writers have just kind of given up on explaining why NCIS is investigating certain crimes with the most tenuous connection to the Navy. I'm not complaining about it, my family thinks it's funny and it's a running joke.

“The victim owned a boat...NCIS!”
“The victim's brother was in the Navy in the 1980's...NCIS!”
“The victim is wearing a navy blazer...NCIS!”
“The victim was slightly damp...NCIS!”
I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of people who own smart phones.
We recently convicted a serial sexual assailant who wore gloves and mistreated women with objects so that he wouldn't leave any DNA behind.
He thought that deleting the videos on his phone was enough to get rid of them.
Nope.