The PJ Tatler

Rep. Steve King Drops the I-Bomb on Fox News Sunday

King calls impeachment the "word we don't want to say."

Paula Bolyard

August 3, 2014 - 4:33 pm
YouTube Preview Image

On Fox News Sunday Rep. Steve King (R-IA) implored President Obama to avoid the constitutional crisis that would result if the president acts without congressional approval on immigration. King stopped just short of actually saying the word “impeachment,” instead calling it the “i” word.

“None of us want to do the thing that’s left for us as an alternative,” King said. “I think Congress has to sit down, have a serious look at the rest of this constitution, and that includes that ‘i’ word that we don’t want to say.”

King warned the president that unilateral action on immigration could have dire consequences. “I only say that now on this program because I want to encourage the president, ‘Please don’t put don’t put America into a constitutional crisis — please don’t do that. There’s too much at stake in this country to be deciding that you can take over the Constitution and write it at will.” King said.

Chris Wallace pressed King on whether impeachment would be on the table if the president “were to do that.”

“I think then we have to sit down and take a look at that — where would we draw the line otherwise? If that’s not enough to bring that about then I don’t know what would be,” King said, again avoiding the word ‘impeachment’.  ”We’ve never seen anything in this country like a president that said, ‘I’m going to make up all immigration law that I choose and drive this thing, regardless of the resistance of Congress.’”

The Republican leadership has distanced itself from the prospect of impeachment with Speaker Boehner saying on Tuesday, “We have no plans to impeach the president. We have no future plans. It’s all a scam started by people at the White House.”

In addition to writing for PJ Tatler and PJ Lifestyle, Paula also writes for Ohio Conservative Review, and RedState. She is co-author of a new Ebook called, Homeschooling: Fighting for My Children’s Future. She is a member of the Wayne County Executive Committee. Paula describes herself as a Christian first, conservative second, and Republican third.

Good, all that elite money will go to waste. I can't see the voters coming out in favor of Obama just because of the I word. The world is in chaos, the border is a mess, and people have no trust in government, were divided more than ever and he has scandals all over the place. Them dems are in big trouble. Just look how Pelosi lost it on the floor. That's panic in my book.
Oh great. Another fool, with his alligator mouth overtaking his canary arse, falling into the let's-impeach-Obama trap. Must the Republican Party be fettered with so many idiots? I suppose so.
Warnings such as this will only have an affect if they come from leading Dems -
remembering that it was only when Barry Goldwater led a delegation of leading Republicans from Capitol Hill to the White House to discuss Watergate, did Nixon realize that he had to resign.
With that in mind, the GOP should just STFU.
Better they look the fool, than open their mouths and remove all doubt.
One good way to look at this is to restate King's question thusly: "If unilateral rewriting of immigration law by our president isn't enough to constitute a 'high crime' for impeachment purposes, what would it take?"

Make no mistake: Obama IS talking of exactly that rewriting: Once 'deferred action' and 'work permits' are granted to millions who are here illegally it's not going to be possible to use laws to throw them out, and NEW illegal millions will follow them, in the realistic expectation of similar treatment in the future.

Republicans are scared of the 'I-word': Let me state a phrase that ought to scare them far more 'economic collapse'. Or even worse: 'ethnic cleansing.'

Democrats obviously are ruling from some other planet where they need not be concerned for such things. Are Republicans planning to join them there? Who does that leave running our government? How 'bout the 'A' word -- 'anarchy'?
If 1/2 of Mr. Obamas' race puts him beyond the reach of law, why would anyone elect another that can place constitutional limits, off limits?
If I was black, I would be pissed.
If you were black, you would recognize that everything Obama is doing is being done to ensure that Leftist-vetted grievance mongers will control the federal government for the foreseeable future.

This means not only that the hog wallow of graft continue in the name of "social justice," and economic realities be damned, but that even if you and yours do not benefit directly in a financial way from this carnival of expropriation, neverending attacks on "the Man" will stroke and stoke your revanchist hatreds.

And you would be pleased.
We need many more with the courage of a Steve King. Obama is an outlaw and an immediate danger to everyone for no more than the fact he holds no respect for the law.
What an ass. Why is he helping the Democrats' current fundraising campaign? Obama is practically begging the Republicans to impeach him---he's doing Br'er Rabbit's "Please, please don't fling me in dat ol' brier patch" in the most blatant way possible.

Where the hell did Republicans learn their political skills? Off a matchbook cover?

One Trackback to “Rep. Steve King Drops the I-Bomb on Fox News Sunday”