The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

March 11, 2014 - 3:23 pm

On a double-fundraising swing through New York City today to help the Democratic National Committee and Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, President Obama stopped to shop at the Gap.

It’s not because Obama had a burning need to pick up some khakis — the president wanted to pay back the company for raising its minimum wage to $10 per hour by 2015, prompting Obama to use the corporation as an example in his push for an increase in the federal minimum wage.

Obama told an employee at the East 42nd and Third Avenue store that he was shopping for Michelle and his daughters. More from the White House pool report:

Eventually, Obama and the sales associate delved into sweaters in a rainbow of colors, holding up each choice and assessing what his daughters might like. The employee recommended a V-neck sweater, but the president gravitated toward the slightly more modest round-neck options, saying, “I’m worried the V-neck is going to slip.” Eventually, he settled on a gray and white striped sweater and a bright coral sweater for his daughters.

The sales associate suggested that perhaps the first lady might like a hoodie, but the president said she seldom wears hoodies. He said she would like athletic gear and quickly picked out a blue workout jacket.

“I think the ladies will be impressed by my style sense,” Obama said.

“Who’s going to ring me up?” he asked as he approached the counter.

Although the employees tried to sell Obama on signing up for a Gap card — which would have made him eligible for a discount — the president declined. “I’ve got one card,” he said as he presented his credit card.

Obama said he doesn’t always carry his wallet but made sure to bring it for this excursion. When Sonya told him that he could swipe his own card on the countertop card reader, Obama quipped, “Oh wow. So, you can sign the machine?” As the reporters in the pool started scribbling, he said he was teasing, adding, “They had these around the last time I shopped.”

After posing for pictures with employees and making a pitch for the minimum wage, Obama proceeded to a closed-press DNC fundraiser at a private home where 25 donors paid up to $32,400 to attend.

Bridget Johnson is a veteran journalist whose news articles and opinion columns have run in dozens of news outlets across the globe. Bridget first came to Washington to be online editor at The Hill, where she wrote The World from The Hill column on foreign policy. Previously she was an opinion writer and editorial board member at the Rocky Mountain News and nation/world news columnist at the Los Angeles Daily News. She is an NPR contributor and has contributed to USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Politico and more, and has myriad television and radio credits as a commentator. Bridget is Washington Editor for PJ Media.

I don't care how "good looking" Obama is. The sooner he is off the stage the better. I cannot wait until the day I don't ever have to see or hear him again.
Nothing new about associating Obama with Gaps
“Obama Encounters the credit card machine, Amazed”

--Headlines you'll Never Read
There's evident problem with too many women voters. One of their list items contains the question of who would they best like as an intimate partner. From Kennedy to Obama, women have suborned the national interest to their purient ones.
"A longtime Gap [employee] named Sonia volunteered, saying, “He’s better looking in person.”"

Well of course that's the main thing.
Wait a minute. Wasn't Monica's Lewinsky's stained navy dress bought at the Gap?
This weekend he took yet another vacation but not before hanging out with a bunch of singers. Then, he golfed twice. Today, he attended a DNC fundraiser and a DSCC function and, on the way out of town, went shopping at the Gap.

What's Putin been doing?

Remember when Trudeau portrayed Quayle as a feather? If he had any integrity, he'd portray FCMABBHO as something similar, if not identical.

Never fear: Dear Leader will get serious tomorrow when he meets with Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk for less than two hours.
"President shops at Gap, conservatives outraged!"
"President makes ham sandwich, conservatives outraged!!"
"President waters houseplant, conservatives outraged!!!"

Come up for air guys, you're starting to turn blue.
It's not outrage, sweetheart. It's mockery, and it always goes down smooth.
I keep hearing comments which make a connection between Obama and mom-jeans. I've heard of mom-jeans but don't really know (or care) what they are, but could someone please tell me what Obama's connection to them is? I'm baffled. Also, it may not have been reported by the Obama-smitten press that was present, but you can bet your bottom dollar that he probably tried to convince everyone in the place to sign up for Obamacare. The deadline's fast approaching.
Search for photo Obama riding bike. Those are mom jeans.
I think Obama looks his most handsome when he is doing his Mussolini pose.
I don't hear him now since I have a remote control with a Mute button.
That day will never come. He will always stand in the public consciousness as the high water mark of how embarrassingly crappy, corrupt, and totalitarian American government can become.
Oh, I dunno. Now they are working on putting Rahm out there; just when one thinks it cannot get any worse......http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/11/inside-the-beltway-a-new-interested-in-rahm-emanue/

Obama is apparently just the beginning.